[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of philosophy? Makes people cynical and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: philo.jpg (428 KB, 2500x1674) Image search: [Google]
philo.jpg
428 KB, 2500x1674
What's the point of philosophy? Makes people cynical and depressed most of the time.
>>
it's a human thing, just like singing and doing math and drawing stuff and dojng lesser things too
>>
>>1405414
When trying to understand things makes people cynical and depressed... Says alot about the human condition.
>>
>>1405509
Says a lot about philosophers' condition, though.
>>
>>1405414

Maybe if you're a whiny babby or a dumby it does.
>>
>>1405414

that's because a lot of people get a sunburn when stepping out of their little cave

questioning the world around me for the first time of my life made me depressed and cynical , but i eventually learnt to deal with it. I deal with things like moral relativism simply by analysing why i believe this or that to be the right thing, while finding reasons why i should/shouldnt change my morals.

I may have stayed a cynic (just because it is fun sometimes) , but i can still enjoy life with all its ugly truths , (and my lower then mediocre income)
>>
>>1405414
If you're cynical and depressed you're not doing it right.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.