[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who won?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10
File: fred and ivan.png (910 KB, 1279x802) Image search: [Google]
fred and ivan.png
910 KB, 1279x802
ERB: Ivan the Terrible vs Alexander, Frederick, Pompey, and Catherine the Greats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVbH1BVXywY
>>
>>1404743
...Catherine was German.
>>
one of their worst
>>
>>1404771
Yeah that was pretty bad.

They've been fucking up pretty often this season.
>>
>>1404781
Only the first two seasons were mostly funny. Everything afterward has been shit, but they'll keep making them as long as they keep getting enough views for advertisement money.
>>
They've bewn going downhill since Rasputin vs. Stalin.
>>
>>1404743
they could at least place the fucking rope on his neck not fucking there
>>
>>1404843
I think the point was he died before he was able to strangle him, says it in the video. Still retarded though.
>>
>no Constantine the Great
wew
>>
Sigh, and it started out pretty good....

"Creme De La Kremlin's Arivin', try to survive Ivan"

Or

"You're a land rover, I'm a land expander, here to hand you your first loss, Alexander"

Or

"You're an overrated lush, I'll crush ya, I'm the first tsar of all of Russia"

and

"Hey fella, swell diss but now you got the panhellenist from Pella hella pissed"

But beside that, ERB is fucking bad when it comes to music and rapping.

And they're hilariously bad at history.
>>
>>1404897
It's pop history, brah.
They had a damn joke about catherine and her bestiality but no reference to Ivan murdering his own son?
>>
>>1404743
Ivan is like a his shitposter complaining why everyone the the epithet "the Great" doesn't deserve it. He truly is the Terrible.
>>
>>1404913

Still, I understand their gonna make a reference to the beastiality thing but the whole "it takes a russian to defeat a russian" is retarded when she is German...
>>
That was great, one of their best. I'm tired of celebrities and fictional characters. I want more historical figures and this delivered in spades.
>>
>>1404913
Except they did mention Ivan's son.
>>
>>1404743
why do people watch this shit?
>>
>>1404950
She lived and ruled in Russia. You Europeans have an autistic way at looking at nationality.
>>
>>1405005
Sometimes they're entertaining.

Very hit and miss.
>>
>>1405005
I'm going to take a wild guess and say because it is entertaining.
>>
>>1405009
If you grew up and spent your formative years in one country and them move to another I don't think you could ever call myself a member of the latter country in any true sense of the word.

Even if you're its monarch.
>>
She lived in Russia, she was Russian.

She wasn't born in Russia, she isn't A Russian.

It's not nationality, it's background. With your logic her sentence loses meaning.

"It takes a Russian to defeat a Russian" means nothing if everyone can be Russian. She obvously meant people born in Russia, a.k.a Russian people. Of which she is not a part as she wasn't born in Russia.
>>
>>1405005

its [spoiler]fun[/spoiler]
>>
>>1405020
>>1405009
>>
>>1405015
It's really fucking obvious why they called her Russian.
>>
>>1405015
>so every tsar after Peter is not really Russian
>>
>Catherine the Great
>Russian

Wtf
>>
>>1405020
She was a Russian ruler defeating another Russian ruler. This isn't difficult.
>>
>>1405041
>>1405020

this desu. she didn't even practice eastern orthodoxy until she was like 16
>>
>>1405037
Basically yes.
>>
>>1405043

A Russian ruler does not mean she was Russian herself, just that she ruled Russia.

With that logic, Alexander was Persian
>>
>>1405068
You are being autistic. I'm being serious. This is exactly what an autist would do. They would point out one little detail and obsess over it despite everyone already knowing about it but nonetheless not obsessing over it because they understand what the person was actually trying to communicate. You know what they were communicating but you are still obsessing over it.

>It takes a Russian ruler to defeat a Russian Ruler.
There, are you happy now? Would you have preferred they throw off the beat saying that instead of relying on you to read between the lines?
>>
>>1405092
>Instead of reading between the lines

Considering she referred to Alexander as "Macedonian" and not "Greek" in the preceding line, it should be obvious she was talking about where people were born/their ethnicity rather than who they were known for ruling.
>>
>>1405111
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>1405092

Don't be retarded, just because it fits with the beat doesn't change the fact that it was wrong.

They could have Alexander rapping against Augustus saying "It takes an Egyptian to defeat an Egyptian"

It would be the same story and just as wrong. Only difference is that Ivan is actually Russian.

Also "relying on you to read between the lines" is stupid. You could use that for almost every mistake. They could say "Rasputin" was Russias best tsar!" and then just say "no man, it's about his connection to the tsar, just read between the lines"

It's still wrong and stupid
>>
>>1405132
Everyone knows what they were communicating, including you. You are being autistic, and increasingly not in the simple meme version of the word. You know exactly what they were communicating but you are nonetheless obsessing over it. You are compelled to.

>Also "relying on you to read between the lines" is stupid. You could use that for almost every mistake.
I'm not joking nor am I bullying you, but this is super autistic.
>>
>Nitpicking is autistic

Everyone does this, not just autists.
>>
>>1405139

>Everyone who doesn't agree with me is autistic

So you have no arguments? You agree that they were wrong?
>>
File: britimpmatches969.jpg (1 MB, 2417x2487) Image search: [Google]
britimpmatches969.jpg
1 MB, 2417x2487
Eh, they're often funny and have some obscure historical facts thrown in often. Some are weaker than others, certainly. I'm just glad someone is trying to do something of this nature.

My top 5:

Sir Isaac Newton vs Bill Nye

Edison vs Tesla

George Washington vs William Wallace

EA Poe vs Stephen King

The Hitler vs Vader ones suck. And when the hell are they going to get Teddy Roosevelt in one?
>>
>>1405160
>No Genghis vs Easter Bunny

Shit list
>>
>>1405160
The Eastern vs Western philosophers is still the best one IMO.
>>
>>1405160
>Edison vs Tesla
This is objectively the best one. The beat, lyrics, Edison being a complete dickbag. It's just really well done.
My favorite is still Bill Gates vs Steve Jobs. The dancing and beat slay me.
>>
File: uniformkid059.jpg (110 KB, 729x1123) Image search: [Google]
uniformkid059.jpg
110 KB, 729x1123
>>1405160

Me again. Forgot Picasso vs Bob Ross.
>>
I appreciate it's got historical figures, but I couldn't really feel the theme. What was it? Who was the best ruler? Who was the best 'the Great'? But then why Ivan the Terrible? It just felt all over the place and didn't have that nice pacing as the other videos involving multiple rappers turning up one after the other.
>>
>>1405158
Anon, if you are looking just to win an internet argument, then fine, you win. But my advice to you is to focus more on the ideas of others rather than obsessing wording that can merely be interpreted as something incorrect. It will serve you well in the future.
>>
>>1405192
I think was just the most notable historical figures with descriptors after their name.
>>
>>1405192
Everyone except Ivan was called "The Great", and he said "No Great can beat me" a few times

Have to agree though, it could've been done a lot better if they gave just two more lines.
>>
>>1405207
It probably would have been much better focusing just on whoever was known as the Great with each character shitting on the other for not living up to the name or whatever. Alexander, Cyrus, Alfred, Charlemagne, Frederick, Catherine, etc.
>>
>no Cyrus

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>1405216
I get it now though. Like >>1405214 said. It was Ivan the Terrible versus Alexander the Great, but when Alexander croaked the rest of the Greats began taking his place.
>>
>>1405229
Makes sense, but isn't a great premise to begin with. Alexander vs Ivan doesn't make any sense to begin with, and there's no real point to having Alexander be followed up by other Greats just to fight Ivan for no real reason.
>>
>Alexander pulls out a gladius
Hmm
>>
So what other historical figures would you guys like to see from them?
>>
>>1405238
Think of it as The Terrribles versus The Greats in chronological order.
>>
>>1405241

Rommel vs Montgomery vs Patton.
>>
>>1404743
What the fuck is the point, why this completely random mix of guys? Aren't those supposed to be at least a little thematical like Vader vs Hitler? Even Caesar vs Shaka made more sense, even if it was a cringey decision.
>>
>>1405251
>MACARTHUR OUT OF FUCKING NOWHWERE
>>
>>1405241
Constantine XI.
>>
File: lol.jpg (27 KB, 350x335) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
27 KB, 350x335
>>1405290
>>
That was quite bad. The costumes were worse than usual, the rapping was bad, hard to hear and little historical references.
>>
Poor Pompey.
>>
>>1405169
Shaka vs Caesar had some great references
>>
>>1405309
>The costumes were worse than usual
This was the biggest positive for me (aside from Alexander's costume)
>>
Fredrick's bit was great.
>>
>>1405015
>If you grew up and spent your formative years in one country and them move to another I don't think you could ever call myself a member of the latter country in any true sense of the word.
>Even if you're its monarch.

She was, what, 16 when she married and went to Russia? It's not unusual for women especially to adopt their new country as their own, in fact you're basically expected to. Marie Antoinette was 14 or so and even on her way to France told a delegation not to speak German to her because, "as of this moment I am completely French."
>>
>tfw when pictures of this chick leaked on Instagram a few weeks ago everyone thought it was Marie Antoinette

I'm glad it wasn't, I can't imagine how ERB would butcher Marie Antoinette.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>1405005
>>
>>1405401
Actually she was crying that she was saying goodbye to her Germans ladies and afterwards told the French ladies around her "but from this moment I will not forget that I am French." She didn't say "completely".
>>
File: Great War rap battle.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Great War rap battle.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
I know how much of a bunch of pop hating hipsters 4chan is so here is a lesser known history rap battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCEUZ4rFiac
>>
>>1405688
>Serbia gets a whole verse
>France gets nothing
>>
>>1405688
I'm pretty sure everyone here has seen this, memes are often used from it.
>>
>>1405697
Sounds a little like Battlefield 1.
>>
File: Fredrick the Great.jpg (419 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fredrick the Great.jpg
419 KB, 1920x1080
I might actually take the time to learn about Prussia and Fredrick after this video.
>>
File: Pompey the Great.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Pompey the Great.jpg
381 KB, 1920x1080
>>1405327
>>
>>1405790
[spoiler]Pompey vs Criss Angel when?[/spoiler]
>>
File: ShowImage.jpg (41 KB, 758x530) Image search: [Google]
ShowImage.jpg
41 KB, 758x530
>>1405688

>France just lurks in the back and doesn't get a single word

I wonder who could be behind this video.
>>
>>1405811
>Britain gets a second verse and France gets nothing
>>
>>1405160
Nice picks, mine would have to be
King vs Poe
Lewis & Clark vs Bill & Ted (Most underrated one in my opinion)
Newton vs Nye

As far as the new battle went, I'd say it went from best to worst
Frederick
Alexander
Cat/Ivan at the same level
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.