[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the worship/reverence of trees so common in many pagan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: the_great_tree_by_jenovah_art.jpg (199 KB, 1024x607) Image search: [Google]
the_great_tree_by_jenovah_art.jpg
199 KB, 1024x607
Why is the worship/reverence of trees so common in many pagan faiths around the world? Do we humans, on a primal level, see trees as holy?
>>
Isn't it weird how trees exist almost everywhere humans do?
>>
They are symbols for the generative patterns of life
>>
trees stronk. stories of trees standing for generations made them seem immortal and greater than humans. desu, they are.
>>
File: 1467006914126.jpg (329 KB, 1000x1600) Image search: [Google]
1467006914126.jpg
329 KB, 1000x1600
because trees are holy and sacred and carrying a living being inside of them (animism).
almost every low technology culture had animism, it's because it exists you cunt
>>
Trees

Sprout from what used to look like no discernible source
Grow with no apparent source of nutrition
Produce food

Or

Came from nowhere
Grew from nothing
Created life

Trees are basically archetypical gods.

Not to mention they were extremely useful since they produced sustenance and building materials (wood).
>>
Tree

Gives fruit
Shelters from rain
Wood can be used for fire

God

Throws hissy fit because you ate fruit
Deluge
Sends you to eternal fire

Gee I wonder why they prefer trees...
>>
>>1404465
Because they literally live for centuries if not thousands of years. They dwarf the human lifespan and to certain cultures must have appeared like they were enduring in a way that that is not of this world.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.