[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are "crazy"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
When people speak about "crazy/mentally ill people" they seem to think of a Hollywood horror movie stereotype of a person being completely out of his/her mind and totally incalculable. In reality, most mental illnesses are things like social anxiety or depression, which I assume isn't their idea of "crazy". People with schizophrenia too are often, whilst irrational, not incalculable. They have a neurosis who has logic within it, and they're most times not dangerous at all. Nor is visual hallucinations common, for example.

Is the general populace idea of mental/crazy people wrong, or what do they have in mind?
I mean, I've stayed at a mental institution myself (for depression) but I hardly think that makes me "crazy", as the word seems to mean for people. What does /his/ think about this?
>>
File: 1454689794478.jpg (56 KB, 750x523) Image search: [Google]
1454689794478.jpg
56 KB, 750x523
am I crazy?
I have HPPD which makes it seem like i'm on magic mushrooms 24/7
I have the symptoms of PTSD
I get mood swings
I've heard voices before
sometimes I argue with myself in my own mind
I have no empathy and bad impulse control
I'm turned on by violence and the thought of being a serial killer/rapist excites me
I spent 6 years high 24/7
I can't feel the emotion called love
almost all the time i'm pissed off and ready to start picking fights and breaking things
I frequently find my self going double the speed limit even in rain.
and i'm a paedophile

despite this I have a full time job, a 2009 ford ranger that is paid off, 1200$ in the bank, a credit card and no debt to my name. Am I crazy?
>>
>>1404321
Shut up and get a blog. This isn't about your own edgy story.
>>
>>1404354
I was proving a point, i'm a prime candidate to be labled crazy and yet I have more money and a nicer car than half of 4chan with no debt.
>>
>>1404381
No, you're and edgy and self-absorbed 17 year old.
>>
>>1404398
but you asked for peoples opinion of crazy, I gave a case for people to determine whether or not they think I am crazy or not. Second off learn English better nigger I'm 22.
>>
This might be getting outside of the realm of humanities, but most psychology manuals, while abstaining from a word like "crazy", the DSM IV defines "clinically significant behavioral or psychological syndrome or pattern that occurs in an individual and that is associated with present distress (e.g., a painful symptom) or disability (i.e., impairment in one or more important areas of functioning) or with a significantly increased risk of suffering death, pain, disability, or an important loss of freedom. In addition, this syndrome or pattern must not be merely an expectable and culturally sanctioned response to a particular event, for example, the death of a loved one. Whatever its original cause, it must currently be considered a manifestation of a behavioral, psychological, or biological dysfunction in the individual. Neither deviant behavior (e.g., political, religious, or sexual) nor conflicts that are primarily between the individual and society are mental disorders unless the deviance or conflict is a symptom of a dysfunction in the individual, as described above.” and newer publications make adjustments to that definition, there's never a precise boundary but I think the distress or impairment of function part is central to it.

Here's a source:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3101504/
>>
>>1404381
>wealth and material goods
>having anything to do with ones mental well being.

if, IF your post is indeed truthful and not just edgelord spaghetti then yes you are crazy
>>
>>1404444
well that's all I need to know.
>>
>>1404301
>Who are "crazy"?

See people like this freak:

ryzhknd.tumblr.com
mundusmillennialis.com
>>1404410
>>
>>1404484
this shit I've seen that link a handful too many times here and i think that mundus millenial guy is some half schizo who read Nietzsche and got a grandeur delusion
>>
File: tripfag.png (315 KB, 783x640) Image search: [Google]
tripfag.png
315 KB, 783x640
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, report, or filter them.

About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the 4Chan culture forward.

Maybe they have to be crazy.

How else can you stare at an empty text-box and type up a work of art? Or sit in silence and fabricate a new meme that nobody has seen before? Or elevate an inane discussion to sublime heights?

We provide a mirror for this kind of people. They gives us light.

While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the WWW, are the ones who do.

B e D i f f e r e n t .

– t. Anon
>>
Everybody, get back to Tumblr
>>
>>1404381
>I have more money and a nicer car than half of 4chan with no debt.
and what the fuck does that have to do with you being out of your wits or not?
>>
Crazy is thought of as shouting at inanimate objects kinda thing -- so basically schizophrenia. BPD is also fairly crazy.

Mentally ill refers to more things in the public eye, from depression to dissociation disorder.
>>
File: stvjobs laughing.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
stvjobs laughing.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
>>1404520
kek
>>
File: grampa.jpg (62 KB, 425x300) Image search: [Google]
grampa.jpg
62 KB, 425x300
>>1404412
>I'm 22.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.