[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: 8683347223_4f86440caf_h.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
8683347223_4f86440caf_h.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1600
>"I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our northern border, and I will make Britannia pay for that wall. Mark my words."

Hadrian
>>
File: 50502926.jpg (35 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
50502926.jpg
35 KB, 400x462
It's a shame that Hadrian only ever seems to get recognition for a wall be really didn't give that much of a shit about when he did so many other things and was generally one of the more interesting emperors of Rome.
>>
>>1404229

I know that was not Hadrian himself that wrote it, but “Memoirs of Hadrian” is one of the most beautiful books I have ever read. The prose is at the same time poetic and sober; at the same time straightforward and filled with metaphors and imagery. Sublime.

>>1404221

Hadrian-Trump
>>
File: aurelian.jpg (154 KB, 550x380) Image search: [Google]
aurelian.jpg
154 KB, 550x380
>I will unite all Roman peoples under one vexillum

What did he mean by this?
>>
Hadrian ≠ Trump

Hardian was a boyfucker in love with a youth named Antinous. Was the first (perhaps only?) non-emperor to appear on coinage.

I had a reproduction Antinous coin for several years until I lost it. My life's been shit ever since.
>>
File: wall.jpg (30 KB, 220x355) Image search: [Google]
wall.jpg
30 KB, 220x355
The British are bringing crime, they're bringing opium, they're rapists. Some I assure are good people. What we need is another great wall around canton and nobody builds walls like the Chinese and we're gonna make the British pay for it.
>>
>>1404229
Rocks stick around.

It's the same reason Egypt gets more attention than any of the other fascinating bronze age cultures.
>>
>>1404814
They're not sending their best.
>>
File: .jpg (580 KB, 1600x1226) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
580 KB, 1600x1226
> Prince must understand the difference between money and power. Money is a mansion in Milan that gets taken after ten years. Power is an old stone palazzo that stands for centuries.
> One mustn't waste his breath mourning the once close betrayers. Every useful servant of the prince grows up to be overly ambitious. Proximity to power has a tendency to delude people into believing they wield it - this sort of thinking must be crushed in it's infancy.
> It's crucial for the prince to show his good will and loyalty to God as well as position that corresponds to current tendencies, regardless of his true thoughts on the matters - after all, one is nothing more or less that what he chooses to reveal.
>>
File: pfvl.png (170 KB, 523x554) Image search: [Google]
pfvl.png
170 KB, 523x554
>>1404778
Is this you?
>>
>>1406955
Delete this
>>
>>1404221
*tips long walls to the sea*
Maybe in a couple hundred years kiddo.
>>
>>1404221
>"Picts, I love Picts! But they're killing us at the border, people!"
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.