[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw talking to heathens >mfw reminding them that their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: jesus_laughing41[1].jpg (80 KB, 410x580) Image search: [Google]
jesus_laughing41[1].jpg
80 KB, 410x580
>mfw talking to heathens
>mfw reminding them that their contributions to knowledge, culture and civilization are pathetic
>mfw reminding them that if vikings/heathens are so tough and "Christkeks" are so weak, how comes they are pretty much extinct whilst Christians dominate the world still?
>>
File: 768px-Crossed_circle.svg.png (23 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
768px-Crossed_circle.svg.png
23 KB, 768x768
>>288316
>mfw reminding them that their contributions to knowledge, culture and civilization are pathetic
Ever heard of the Nibelungenlied, the Edda, Battle of the Teutoburg forrest? Teutons? Pretty influential Germanic poems, peoples, battles, cultural achievements, etc

>how comes they are pretty much extinct whilst Christians dominate the world still?
Because of Merovingian and Carolingian dynasties. Especially the Franks started to enforce christianity on other tribes. Just think of Clovis I. and Carolus Magnus for example who have violently oppressed other peoples with their Christian conquest.

And in general Christianity was germanized. Especially after a lot of pagans migrated into the Roman empire.

>The Mayfest for example is a pagan fest.
>The Maypole and the Christmas tree originally symbolized the Yggdrasil/Irminsul.
>The marriage, like we Christians do it today with exchanging rings and all, comes from Germanic traditions aswell.
>The sun-symbolism (especially the cross combined with the sun) in Christianity has Indo-European roots aswell.
>etc.
>>
>>288474
>Nibelungenlied
>heathen
>Battle of the Teutoburg forrest
>not achieved with the knowledge Arminius obtained as a roman anxilliary
>Edda
>relevant in any form before christian times

And your best example of germanic heathen achievement is their forceful conversion to christianity by germanics who had dropped the heathen bullshit.
All in all a pretty weak defense of heathens, dontchathink?
>>
>>288316

>Mfw talking to Christians.
>Mfw reminding them that the Gospels can't even agree on what day Jesus was crucified on, supposedly the centerpiece of their religion.
>Mfw people actually believe this shit.
>>
>>288508
I am just reminding you that Christianity in Europe had a huge Germanic influence.

And some of the beliefs are pretty similar in general.
>Jörmungandr, the Midgard Serpent is comparable with the snake from the bible.
>Ragnarök is comparable with the Apocalypse
>The Tree of Life is comparable with Yggdrasil
So it was easy for heathens to accept this new religion.
>>
>started out as a cult
>burned down rome for some reason
>made a cancerous sub-religion where everyone can become god for 2 shekels
>major impact on european civilization
>2000 years later now a meme religion.

how's it like living in olden times ye old christfag?
>>
You're not being very Christian.
>>
>>288621
>burned down rome for some reason
When?
>>
This Jewish cult claims it has contributed to civilization? Did they happen to mention all of their contributions were just what we left them? No? I thought not.
>>
>>288888
Quints don't lie, christfags did nothing useful to this world.
>>
>>288898
Name a single successful modern country without a christian background
>>
>>288900
Name a single successful modern country without a pagan background.
>>
>>288316

Christians were the capeshit sperglord SJWs of the late Roman era.

>muh superhero
>muh simplistic morality in reaction to a complex, unstable world
>muh monastic MTGOW movements where we to into the desert and contemplate our jew themed fantasy hero stories
>>
>>288903
All of them, since the idea of nation states came into existence long after p*ganism was discarded into the dustbin of history.
>>
>>288920
Wow, that's such a weak semantic argument that only a Christkek could come up with it.
>>
>demanding respect
>while giving none to others

Never change christcuks
>>
>>288900
China

Why is it that countries where Christianity has a large influence on public affairs tend to be shitholes and un-Christian?

Russia, most of Central America, bible belt, southern Italy etc?
>>
>>288881

err. my mistake on that i think.

see Great fire of Rome.
>>
>>288920
I suppose modern nation states came up with the term 'Republic' out of thin air?
>>
>>288474
>Nibelungenlied
Christian
>the Edda
written by a christian
>>
>>289145
The Illiad, The Odyessy, The Aeneid, The Anabasis, etc.

All literary classics echoed through the ages and none of them polluted by the stain of Christianity.
>>
File: le wise philosopher.jpg (20 KB, 474x528) Image search: [Google]
le wise philosopher.jpg
20 KB, 474x528
You don't understand what weakness really is. The weak mob can kill le strong independent artistic individual with no problem but that doesn't really make them strong, it just goes to show how truly decadent and life negating they really are. *tips*
>>
>>288900

Japan, South Korea.
>>
>>288900
U.A.E.
Israel
Japan
China
South Korea
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.