[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Left Handed Persecution
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1468344409075-1618641606.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
1468344409075-1618641606.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
Why is it that throughout history left-handed people have been persecuted?

Christians believed they were influenced by satan, multiple cultures used their words for left to denote clumsiness, weakness, or other generally negative meanings, and applied this to people using their left hand.
>>
>>1404193
right = dexter
left = sinister
lefties are a minority, the left-hand path is the "sinister" path, literally
>>
>>1404202
wasn't dexter pretty evil though?
>>
>>1404193

IIRC (fact-check me on this) right-handed chauvinism kicked into high gear with the Roman Empire. Although the roman salute has both a legitimate ancient version and an imagined modern version which became the fascist salute, there is evidence of some sort of a right-handed gesture to pledge trust, fealty etc which was then later re-imagined by modern painters.

Also the latin script was (is) strictly left-to-right, as opposed to other writing systems (greek boustrophedon [sic?] , say). Also I think the meme about throwing salt over your right shoulder for luck comes from ancient rome, but like I say, fact-check.
>>
It's because you're sodomite pedophiles.
>>
they say left handed people are smarter and wiser than right handed people ( a little )
>>
>>1404274
You say that as if it's a bad thing.
>>
>>1404277
Or that they are better at combat, since right side of the brain controls spatial awareness, something something. Pretty sure no study ever found anything conclusive.
>>
>>1404193
Sinistra!
>>
>>1404277

Everything positive about left-handedness is roughly negated by the negative aspects: clumsiness, shorter life expectancy, etc.

Just now I saw reference to two conflicting studies, one insisting that left-handed people make about 10% more money over the course of their lives, while another study reached a diametrically opposed conclusion of about 10% less.
>>
>>1404319
In what way would being left handed increase someone's wealth? I could also create a correlation between the size of my penis and the my country's economical activity if I wanted too
>>
>>1404285
Dextros fight dextros 90% of the time and levos 10% of the time. Levos fight dextros 90% of the time and levos 10% of the time

Levos have a distinct advantage over the right handed.
>>
people that hadn't encountered people of a different colour needed to find other things to get mad about

like religious sect, language, dominant hand, buttsex
>>
>>1404335
The only thing that fucks us is that with a shield fighting is super annoying.

Fencing however is really great for us, unless we face a left handed opponent. The times thats happened to me Its felt really awkward and just bizzare
>>
>>1404333
I would again wager that it has something to do with that myth that left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and vice versa. Meaning that if you're left handed, you are controlled by your right side, which is more creative. If you're more creative you'll be able to come up with a better solution to be more rich, or something.
>>
>>1404335
Sure, but it's not because of some distinct biological superiority. Just a matter of habit and fighting style.
>>
>>1404285
i think if they are it's because they fight like a mirror image of the opponent you're used to
>>
THE RIGHT HAND IS CONTROLLED BY THE LEFT HEMISPHERE OF THE BRAIN; THE LEFT HAND IS CONTROLLED BY THE RIGHT HEMISPHERE OF THE BRAIN.

THE RIGHT HEMISPHERE OF THE BRAIN IS THE DOMINANT HEMISPHERE IN VIRTUALLY ALL INDIVIDUALS, INCLUDING "LEFTHANDED" ONES, BUT IT WAS NOT ALWAYS SO; THE GENESIS OF CONSCIOUSNESS CAUSED A NEUROLOGICAL SHIFT ONE OF THE CONSEQUENCES OF WHICH WAS THAT THE RIGHT HEMISPHERE BECAME DOMINANT, AND THE LEFT HEMISPHERE BECAME PASSIVE; THIS MUTATION WAS EPIGENETIC, AND WAS THUS, INHERITABLE, AND GRADUALLY, UNCONSCIOUS INDIVIDUALS DWINDLED UNTIL THEY WERE VIRTUALLY REPLACED BY CONSCIOUS "RIGHTHANDED" ONES.

REGARDLESS OF WHETHER UNCONSCIOUS PEOPLE WERE NECESSARILY NEUROLOGICALLY ASYMMETRICAL, ONE CAN INFER THAT "LEFTHANDEDNESS" IS A TRAIT COMMON TO INDIVIDUALS DISPLAYING ATAVISTIC UNCONSCIOUS TRAITS, AND THAT TO THE NEW CONSCIOUS MUTANTS THESE ATAVISTIC OCCURRENCES OF A COGNITIVELY OBSOLETE TYPE PROVOKED AN INSTINCTUAL REPULSION WHICH MANIFESTED IN HOSTILITY; THIS KIND OF HOSTILITY TOWARD INDIVIDUALS DISPLAYING ATAVISTIC UNCONSCIOUS TRAITS IS ATTESTED IN HISTORICAL TEXTS AS "SEERS", AND "PROPHETS", BEING PERSECUTED, AND/OR KILLED, PRECISELY BECAUSE THEY MANIFESTED TRAITS THAT WERE COMMON TO UNCONSCIOUS PEOPLE.

AVERSION TOWARD "LEFTHANDEDNESS" IS A PRIMAL REACTION OF A PARTICULAR KIND OF CONSCIOUS HUMAN, TOWARD UNCONSCIOUSNESS.
>>
>>1404410
WHY ARE YOU YELLING!!!!!!
>>
>>1404420
Do you see any exclamation marks? You don't, because there aren't any.
>>
>>1404421
I see six of them.
>>
>>1404421
Dude stop being weird, its common to use all capital spelling for "yelling"
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.