[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Will to power" really should have been translated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
"Will to power" really should have been translated "will to action", I think we could have cleared up all of the edgy misinterpretation, and the Christian misinterpretation, if people understood that.

Why does this guy trigger Christians so much? The book "American Nietzsche" talks in great depth about how much American evangelicals freaked the fuck out about Nietzsche's writings, and it's just so beautiful.
>>
>Let us look a century ahead, let us suppose that my attentat on two millennia of anti-nature and the violation of man succeeds. That party of life which takes in hand the greatest of all tasks, the higher breeding of humanity, together with the remorseless destruction of all degenerate and parasitic elements, will again make possible on earth that superfluity of life out of which the dionysian condition must again proceed. I promise a tragic age: the supreme art in the affirmation of life, tragedy, will be reborn when mankind has behind it the conscousness of the harshest but most necessary wars without suffering from it

Yeah, if only we just used a slightly different English translation of "der Wille zur Macht," Nietzsche would never have written all the shit he wrote.
>>
>>1401035
Kek he did like war and strife, but you're taking alot of that shit in the wrong way.
>>
>>1400993
How about people actually read the fucking books to understand the words in context?

No, we don't need more dumbing down of the culture.

No, it will not work because stupid people are stupid.
>>
>>1401154
kek
>>
>>1400993
der Wille zur Macht means Will to Power

Christians are triggered by the narcissistic, barbarian stuff Nietzsche came up with.

/thread

OP is retarded
>>
>>1401449
It matters how Nietzsche uses it, not how you would translate the words, retard.
>>
>>1400993
Because he said, "God is dead".

...and people, taking it of context, didn't realize that this was a lament, equally damning of materialism and religion.

Plus, he was kind of a dick.
>>
>>1401555
He's sort of a materialist, in the sense that he wants to take us back to the Earth, he doesn't like that materialism creates a sort of "other-world" when taken too seriously.

Nietzsche's primary goal is to get us acting in this world, the one we're in, not to fantasize about other worlds.
>>
>>1401573
He was a monist, but not a materialist. He was of the duel aspect theory group of thinkers.
>>
>>1400993
>why did this guy trigger Christians so much?

I don't know, maybe it's because he wrote a book entitled The Anti-Christ in which he systematically discredits Christian morality.

Or, and here's just a blind guess, maybe because he infamously declared the death of God and is one of the most influential atheists in the history of philosophy.
>>
>>1401511

THE SUBSTANTIVE OF MACHEN IS NOT 'AKTION'.

THE PHRASE *MEANS* 'WILL TO POWER'
>>
>>1400993
>I call Christianity the one great curse, the one great intrinsic depravity, the one great instinct for revenge for which no expedient is sufficiently poisonous, secret, subterranean, petty — I call it the one immortal blemish of mankind… And one calculates time from the dies nefastus on which this fatality arose - from the first day of Christianity! Why not rather from its last? From today? Revaluation of all values!
>>
>>1400993
Nietzsche is totally against the christian values (compassion). He considers this values as a form of neglecting life, instead he praises lord values, ie, the necessity of satisfy desires.

He also detroys the concepts of heaven and universal morals laws; this is in contradiction with some important figures of western philosophy (Kant, Plato, etc.). The only important is the sensible world, the earth. Heaven seems to be a metaphysical speculation made by life haters.

Now you can see why he triggers christians.

P.D: sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker.
>>
>>1401035

I fucking love this

It's a shame that all the wars and destruction of the 20th century only led us deeper into the realm of cuckoldry, collectivism and big government
>>
>>1402398
>instead he praises lord values, ie, the necessity of satisfy desires.
N. is against hedonism. the uberman is not hedonistic, so he is not superman
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.