[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here are some words of great thinkers on Islam “It is a great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: 1189756.jpg (395 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1189756.jpg
395 KB, 1024x768
Here are some words of great thinkers on Islam

“It is a great shame for any one to listen to the accusation that Islaam is a lie and that Muhammad was a fabricator and a deceiver. We saw that he remained steadfast upon his principles, with firm determination; kind and generous, compassionate, pious, virtuous, with real manhood, hardworking and sincere. Besides all these qualities, he was lenient with others, tolerant, kind, cheerful and praiseworthy and perhaps he would joke and tease his companions. He was just, truthful, smart, pure, magnanimous and present-minded; his face was radiant as if he had lights within him to illuminate the darkest of nights; he was a great man by nature who was not educated in a school nor nurtured by a teacher as he was not in need of any of this.”
-Thomas Carlyle

"Islam, which originated among the Semitic races also consisted of the Law and Tradition, regarded as a formative force, to which the Arab stocks of the origins provided a purer and nobler human material that was shaped by a warrior spirit. The Islamic law (shariah) is a divine law; its foundation, the Koran, is thought of as God’s very own word (kalam Allah) as well as a nonhuman work and an 'uncreated book' that exists in heaven ab eterno."
-Julius Evola

More to come
>>
>>280799

"Christianity destroyed for us the whole harvest of ancient civilization, and later it also destroyed for us the whole harvest of Mohammedan civilization. The wonderful culture of the Moors in Spain, which was fundamentally nearer to us and appealed more to our senses and tastes than that of Rome and Greece, was trampled down (—I do not say by what sort of feet—) Why? Because it had to thank noble and manly instincts for its origin—because it said yes to life, even to the rare and refined luxuriousness of Moorish life!... The crusaders later made war on something before which it would have been more fitting for them to have grovelled in the dust—a civilization beside which even that of our nineteenth century seems very poor and very “senile.”—What they wanted, of course, was booty: the orient was rich.... Let us put aside our prejudices! The crusades were a higher form of piracy, nothing more! The German nobility, which is fundamentally a Viking nobility, was in its element there: the church knew only too well how the German nobility was to be won.... The German noble, always the “Swiss guard” of the church, always in the service of every bad instinct of the church—but well paid.... Consider the fact that it is precisely the aid of German swords and German blood and valour that has enabled the church to carry through its war to the death upon everything noble on earth! "
-Friedrich Nietzsche
>>
File: d4jx56f.jpg (437 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
d4jx56f.jpg
437 KB, 1000x1500
"I respect, more than do the Mamluks, God, his prophet Muhammad and the glorious Qur'an... we are true Muslims. Are we not the one who has destroyed the Pope who preached war against Muslims? Did we not destroy the Knights of Malta, because these fanatics believed that God wanted them to make war against the Muslims?”
-Napoleon Bonaparte
>>
>>280799
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvlzlBov9zc
>>
>mohammed dindu nuffin
>islam is god's word
>im a contrarian faggot and christianity is bad
>mohammed is sexually attractive
summed up every one of your quotes. mfw people think writing more shit makes them more right
>>
>>280825
>>280805
>>280799
Depictions of humans are forbidden in islam you apostate.
>>
>>280805
>>
>>280839

>The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death. A slow death has something comforting about it. The dogma of Christianity gets worn away before the advances of science... The instructions of a hygienic nature that most religions gave, contributed to the foundation of organized communities. The precepts ordering people to wash, to avoid certain drinks, to fast at appointed dates, to take exercise, to rise with the sun, to climb to the top of the minaret — all these were obligations invented by intelligent people. The exhortation to fight courageously is also self-explanatory. Observe, by the way, that, as a corollary, the Moslem was promised a paradise peopled with sensual girls, where wine flowed in streams — a real earthly paradise.
Hitler

>Had Charles Martel not been victorious at Poitiers -already, you see, the world had already fallen into the hands of the Jews, so gutless a thing Christianity! -then we should in all probability have been converted to Mohammedanism [Islam], that cult which glorifies the heroism and which opens up the seventh Heaven to the bold warrior alone. Then the Germanic races would have conquered the world. Christianity alone prevented them from doing so.

Hitler
>>
>>280856
Verse, please.
>>
>>280865
I don't get if alcohol is bad therefore allah forbids it why does he promise it in paradise?
>>
>>280868
Book 34 Hadith 172:

Narrated Sa`id bin Abu Al-Hasan:

While I was with Ibn `Abbas a man came and said, "O father of `Abbas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures." Ibn `Abbas said, "I will tell you only what I heard from Allah's Apostle . I heard him saying, 'Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.' " Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn `Abbas said to him, "What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects."
>>
>>280865
That's a bit of hypocrisy I never liked. By having a sensual heaven full of young girls and wine God basically admits that fornication and getting drunk are the shit. He's just fucking testing you like a sadistic parent.

At least the Christians and Jews have an esoteric, ineffable heaven.
>>
>>280880
You're more responsible. Mohammed (PBUH) also had thirteen wives, but we are only allowed four ourselves because we are not responsible enough.
>>
File: 32.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>280883
>accepting that Hadith
>>
>>280894
Sounds like attempted scamming from a bigoted and hypocritical crook to me.
>>
>>280903
Or maybe YOU are the bigot, sir!
>>
>>280894
I am plenty responsible though, likely more than him, that's why I can drink a good beer and not get drunk off it.
>>
>>280918
But you are not spiritual responsible at all. If you were, you'd be a Muslim.
>>
>>280911
bigot
noun big·ot \ˈbi-gət\
: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

Yeah that sounds like muhammad all right.
>>
>>280934
Muslims were way more tolerant of Jews and Christians than Christians were of Jews and Muslims.
>>
>>280923
I don't think wanting to destroy everything and everyone who disagrees with my religion's worldview which I am expected to blindly follow like a child is being spiritually responsible. If I were spiritually responsible, I'd be a Buddhist.
>>
>>280953
You can literally think Islam for your perspective. Christian thinkers got their love of reason from Muslim thinkers, and it was that which influenced Europe ultimately in the direction of the Enlightenment.
>>
File: 1448086040404.png (70 KB, 727x669) Image search: [Google]
1448086040404.png
70 KB, 727x669
>>280947
>muslims were way more tolerant of Jews and Christians than Christians were of Jews and muslims
>give us your money or convert or die

Christians only expelled muslim invaders from their own lands.
>>
>>280963
>Christian thinkers got their love of reason from Muslim thinkers
>what is Greek philosophy guys
>>
>>280972
Ignored until Aquinas found Averroes
>>
>>280965
>Christians only took everything from Muslims

>>280972
We literally were the ones who managed to incorporate it into our theology, and that is where you got it from. You're welcome.
>>
>>280980
Which means the guy was a good means of transmission, but it's still Greek philosophy that spread the love of reason, not the koran or hadiths or anything else muhammad said.
>>
>>280947
Italians treated Jews very well, considering the times.
>>
>>280993
Muslims were the ones who managed to apply it to an Abrahamic religion...if they couldn't, Christian Europe wouldn't have seen it as anything more than a novelty.

>>280995
That's because Italians were essentially Jews back then.
>>
>>280990
Took everything like what? Even in 634 people were already calling muhammad out for being a scam.

>[Y]ou will discover nothing true from the said prophet except human bloodshed".[5]

>>280990
Whoa now, that's just bullshit.
>>
>>280883
And they didn't know trees were life? What a wise god.
>>
>>281011
>Whoa now, that's just bullshit.
Nope.
>>
>>280993
It was Greek philosophy as interpreted through an Abrahamic world view for the first time. Aristotle wasn't unknown until then, he'd been sitting around for centuries in monasteries collecting dust before that moment.
>>
>>281007
>Muslims were the ones who managed to apply it to an Abrahamic religion...

Huh-uh, that's why muslim countries live by Socrates' principle of 'I know that I know nothing' and have questioned and dissected the Quran to Enlightenment and modern philosophy and scientific discoveries... OH WAIT.
>>
>>281018
>>281030
So why did you apply it wrong?
>>
>>281054
Yeah, it's almost as if the heartland of scholarship which produced such works weren't overrun with Spaniards and Mongols.
>>
>>281054
You haven't even read Plato, have you? Socrates never said that.
>>
>>281077
You sound like blacks whining that they are still poor and shiieeeet because raciss white man not gibin' Sambo enough.
Considering what the Spaniards achieved after the Reconquista I'd say that wasn't a bad thing.
The Mongols had a pretty badass empire too. Even to this day China is one of the few countries that keeps muslims in line.
>>
>>281064
What do you mean? You mean who don't our women sleep around and why we don't have sex on day time TV?
>>
>>281096
>You sound like blacks whining that they are still poor and shiieeeet because raciss white man not gibin' Sambo enough.

Besides being completely right because actual facts, sure.

Let's hear about all those Spanish and Mongol Averroeses then.
>>
File: 1433111800049.jpg (171 KB, 800x507) Image search: [Google]
1433111800049.jpg
171 KB, 800x507
>>280856

Really?
>>
>>281094
It's a good principle regardless and that's why it was kept.

>>281099
No, I mean why do you kill people for not wanting to be muslim, kill people for eating pork and drinking wine, lash people meeting up with friends of both genders by themselves, kill women for making love with their boyfriends, kill girls who want to dress like normal western girls and live a normal western life, kill people for making cartoons and going to concerts, etc.

I think women who responsibly sleep around and sex on day time TV is better than all that violence, responsible sex with the right person is a good and wonderful thing while killing people because they want to be happy by themselves is not a good thing at all. Do you not know the concept of "live and let live"?
>>
>>281129
>>280883
Really.
>>
>>281129
DELET THIS
>>
>>281136
>No, I mean why do you kill people for not wanting to be muslim, kill people for eating pork and drinking wine, lash people meeting up with friends of both genders by themselves, kill women for making love with their boyfriends, kill girls who want to dress like normal western girls and live a normal western life, kill people for making cartoons and going to concerts, etc.
Tribalism replacing the collapse of the traditional state and urbanization.
>>
>>281136
>It's a good principle regardless and that's why it was kept.
You can't know nuffin was kept as a principle?
>>
>>281142
You do know there are plenty of apocryphal Hadiths, right? That's one of them.
>>
>>281119
>Let's hear about all those Spanish and Mongol Averroeses then

Here just read this thread. >>280536
>>
>>281163
>apocryphal Hadiths
Isn't that an oxymoron
>>
>>281171
So none
>>
>>281152
Yes. Socratic Ignorance: It is important to note that Socrates himself did not claim to know better than others. In the above listed dialogues he frequently emphases that he is ignorant of the answer. The importance of this helps to draw the line between dogma and genuine philosophy. It is one thing to state one's opinion of how things are and should be. Powerful institutions such as religions and political systems are built upon such dogmas and the demands that others abide by them. Socrates, on the other hand, started from a position of ignorance and sought the truth. In the end, he has no dogmatic program for us to follow, just a method for seeking the truth for ourselves, without any guarantee that we will find it. Philosophy as practiced by Socrates is an open system.
>>
>>281172
Technically. I mean that there is no universal consensus among Muslims about which Hadiths are valid and which aren't, nothing near a consensus. And Quarnist Muslims reject Hadiths altogether.
>>
>>281174
What you don't get is that no one in China or Spain needed another Averroe. Cervantes, Lope de Vega, El greco, Confucius etc. etc. did more in laying out a good culture for the places.
>>
>>281205
Socrates claimed people knew more than he did, he thought he hardly knew anything, but that other people knew a lot. He said he was wiser because he didn't claim to know what he didn't know, whereas other people, though they DID know more than him, exaggerated their knowledge. Socrates' words about knowing less than everyone else aren't meant to be a maxim.
>>
>>281205
In Apology by Plato, Socrates explains why he follows his philosophical path, even to his death [note: "apology" implies not admission of guilt but an intention to give justification for some action or position].
>>
>>281234
The ancient Greeks had a sacred temple in Delphi. In the temple was a woman who was said to be possessed by the gods and able to get answers from them. Chaerephon traveled to Delphi to ask the Oracle; "Who is the wisest of men?" The answer came back that "No one is wiser than Socrates." Socrates explains to the court;
When I heard the answer, I said to myself, What can the god mean? and what is the interpretation of this riddle? for I know that I have no wisdom, small or great. What can he mean when he says that I am the wisest of men? And yet he is a god and cannot lie; that would be against his nature. After a long consideration, I at last thought of a method of trying the question. I reflected that if I could only find a man wiser than myself, then I might go to the god with a refutation in my hand. I should say to him, "Here is a man who is wiser than I am; but you said that I was the wisest." Accordingly I went to one who had the reputation of wisdom, and observed to him - his name I need not mention; he was a politician whom I selected for examination - and the result was as follows: When I began to talk with him, I could not help thinking that he was not really wise, although he was thought wise by many, and wiser still by himself; and I went and tried to explain to him that he thought himself wise, but was not really wise; and the consequence was that he hated me, and his enmity was shared by several who were present and heard me.
>>
>/his/ has become /islam/ general

Fucking mods do your jobs
>>
>>281234
>>281240
So I left him, saying to myself, as I went away: Well, although I do not suppose that either of us knows anything really beautiful and good, I am better off than he is - for he knows nothing, and thinks that he knows. I neither know nor think that I know. In this latter particular, then, I seem to have slightly the advantage of him. Then I went to another, who had still higher philosophical pretensions, and my conclusion was exactly the same. I made another enemy of him, and of many others besides him....therefore I asked myself on behalf of the oracle, whether I would like to be as I was, neither having their knowledge nor their ignorance, or like them in both; and I made answer to myself and the oracle that I was better off as I was.

In this excerpt we find a key to the Socrates and the philosophical tradition that he gave birth to. When he finds that the experts are just as ignorant about what things really are, he reasons; "I do not suppose that either of us knows anything really beautiful and good, I am better off than he is - for he knows nothing, and thinks that he knows. I neither know nor think that I know." Socrates concludes that it is better to have honest ignorance than self-deceptive ignorance. Socrates may not know the ultimate answers to the questions he raises, but he knows himself. It is this self-knowledge and integrity that constitutes the wisdom of Socrates. The open invitation is for all of us to ask ourselves how much we truly know of what we claim.

>>281218
They are a good principle though for keeping your mind open to new knowledge that might disprove everything you mistakenly assumed to be true and seeking new knowledge yourself so that it always be richer and more accurate than before.

Certainly better than saying THIS BOOK IS GOD'S WORD AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IS INFALLIBLE AND IF YOU QUESTION THIS YOU DIE.
>>
>>281265
This is the religion board, dude
>>
>>280799
That doesn't look like Mio at all you faggot.
>>
>>281096
>Considering what the Spaniards achieved after the Reconquista I'd say that wasn't a bad thing.

What did they achieved? They had the best manufacturing park in continental Europe, and a vast scientific repository, all inherited from the conquered. They crossed the ocean, inflated gold with looting, invaded a continent with vast resources, and succeeded, after all, the exploit of breaking in less than two centuries.

>The Mongols had a pretty badass empire too.

Imploded in less than two centuries. After exterminate one third of human civilization, from China to Iraq. This is "pretty badass", to you? It was a barbaric, weak and extremely lethal horde, without cohesion, order, robustness, lower than all the conquered, and who succumbed to them.
>>
>>281265
>historyfags thinking the entire board is theirs only
Let me quote the stick for you.
>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion
>other humanities such as ... religion
>>
>>280880
All that is harmful will be removed from the drink so that all may enjoy it without damage to their health. That being said, anything and everything that we know of in Jannah (Paradise) is by name alone, and that all the luxuries are beyond our wildest imaginations.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.