[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is His so shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 12
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
Why is it that all the bait threads get 300 replies and any thread that is discussing history has a cap of 50 unless it about a bait topic.
>>
Because very, very few people in the world are actually interested in history beyond a superficial level.
>>
>>1399085
Then why come to the history board is it really that funny
>>
Make quality threads instead of shitty meta complaining threads then dumb faggot
>>
>>1399090
Motherfucker I try and make quality threads but no one ever wants to talk about history here unless it is bait.
>>
File: 1467770556492.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1467770556492.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
>>1399088

Some of the memes here are top-quality, yeah.
>>
>>1399083
It was reasonably decent until summer then suddenly there was an explosion in /pol/tier threads.
>>
>>1399106
Nah his usually has really blantant and unclever shit
>>
>>1399083
You can talk about history in a bait thread

fact of the matter is that most things have already reached a consensus so at least banter is interesting
>>
>>1399111
It did get worse but it wasn't much better before literally the only time when the quality was high was in the first two weeks before the his memes became popular
>>
>>1399123
And reddit isn't going excavations or related things. It's like equal stupidity, but you get banned if you try to have fun
>>
>>1399123
Most people don't realize how small our understanding of history is and how even a current consensus can be easily overthrown with a little bit of new evidence or perspective.
>>
>>1399129
Because in modern 4chan memes are driven to the ground and beaten like a dead horse.
>>
>>1399129
Well I think there has to be a middle
>>
>>1399083

This is my first day checking out /his/. I won't be coming back, and I have a bachelor's in history. (I know it's a useless degree)
>>
>>1399135
They always were memes move slowly and usually only funny for a short period of time
>>
>>1399126
The very early days of /his/ were probably the worst, even worse than it is now.

Like 75% of the threads were a scramble to conjure up new memes.
>>
It's all due to the user-base, only a small percentage actually care about history the rest are meme eurocentric pop history spouted by cucks from /pol/, /int/ and /r9k/ who get triggered every time they hear non-whites actually accomplishing something.
>>
>>1399140
I'm sorry and before you leave may I ask what did you focus on in college
>>
>>1399126

It was shit since the day one.
>>
>>1399144
Yeah but there were some real quality threads I remember specially one thread about historical food that was great and informative and not shit posting
>>
>>1399126
/his/ was a failure from the very day it was created.
>>
>>1399146

It was broad overall, but I tried to take most classes in ancient Mediterranean studies. My final term paper was on the Bagdad pact though.
>>
>>1399145
Yeah the population of the board is too small to fight off interboard cancer
>>
>>1399155

Baghdad *
>>
>>1399155
Yeah that does sound pretty broad I hope you have a enough money to move on.
>>
>>1399150
>>1399152
It really was less shit. Not saying it was great but it was less shit.
>>
>>1399161

I switched paths and got a paralegal certificate, so it wasn't completely useless and I make decent money
>>
Because it's filled with leftists, rarely do they get into anything because then their world view would get shattered to a bilion pieces.
>>
>>1399169
That isn't the problem the problem is that people don't want to discuss history.
>>
>>1399180

It seems they would rather try and argue who was black and who was white
>>
>>1399169
Don't make this shit about politics.
>>
>>1399185
Yeah
>>
It's basically a /pol/ /leftypol/ battleground. Actual discussion of history? Fuck that, let's have our 9000th thread about Marxism followed by a half dozen threads about we WUZ and why Africa is such a shithole.
>>
>>1399207
Yeah that hit it right on the money
>>
>Why is His so shit
Because /his/'s history is short compared to the boards its shitposters hail from, and because the mods don't ban people who complain about some people on /pol/'s deeds, thoughts, words and actions on the appropriate board, which is not /his/.
>>
Why did the mods abandon this board the forst week of /his/ they were really active.
>>
>>1399226
Not enough traffic to Warrent watching
>>
>>1399207
I've never really seen a genuine Marxist thread the same way I have never seen a legit Africa thread in ages because no one knows shit about either.
>>
>>1399226
Yeah no shit. On the first day I got banned for posting a 19th century painting that included bare breasts.
>>
>>1399258
Really? I made a thread about lewd ancient sculptures somewhere in winter 2015 and it went fine.
>>
>>1399135
Are you serious?
Do you even remember advice dog or rage comics or the fucking cats?
Ignoring the normies, their production was probably only equaled (maybe surpassed) with pepe and wojak.
>>
>>1399145
And on other hand I am tired of black people threads, mental gymnastics comparable with Tumblr
>>
>>1399207
Yeah, pretty much this
>>
>>1399140
Oh no
>>
Because most people don't know shit about history

There's also no elitist attitude
>>
>>1399539
you mean the threads where people try to talk about subsaharan history and pollacks come in to make useless value judgement about how african kingdoms are inferior to post 16th century european empires and a thread about, say african iconography or pottery devolves into arguments about racial genetics
>>
>>1399207
all that was named plus daily hitler and holocaust threads which lead nowhere
>>
>>1399572
Yes, and not only post 16 century European empires, but overall. I am not saying they didn't have anything of worth or achieved anything, but glorifying som mudhuts and how whitie is to blame everything gets boring,and most importantly not even remotely true
>>
>>1399602
Well, my point was that it's as stupid as going into a HRE thread and bitching about how the medieval german dutchies were vastly inferior to the Soviet Union and then starting to talk about germanic and slavic genetics.
>>
>>1399083
Sorry, but you'll be lucky to find rationally minded people anywhere, especially on a meme filled website like 4chan. Go to a dedicated history forum, and try your luck there.
>>
>>1399169
Except it isn't.

Maybe by 4chan standards, but by 4chan standards pretty much everyone is a leftist.
>>
>>1399207
this

other humanities and cucks with contemporary biases on their view of history ruined this board.

i dont care if its not that active if all of the above mentioned people leave and it becomes less active, at least it would still have quality. i want /his/ to be like /hwg/ on /tg/
>>
I blame mods. Were they to ban users that make /pol/ threads, the board could improve.

The stick clearly states /his/ is not /pol/.

I don't mind the others humanities though, there have been ocasionally good philosophy threads. It's just politics and religion that board the retard train.
>>
I once started a thread about Persian rugmaking history

It ended with all caps lock, genetic charts, insults hurled in various languages, political propaganda, weird blogs about mysticism, crime stats, and war crime/gore pictures spammed

Why?
>>
>>1400258
kek
>>
>>1399083
>why is /his/ so shit?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
File: HRmQ9FT.jpg (89 KB, 644x781) Image search: [Google]
HRmQ9FT.jpg
89 KB, 644x781
>>1399083
Because nobody discovers 4chan and immediately starts browsing /his/

They start coming to 4chan for /pol/, /tv/, /v/, /b/, or /a/, then eventually find their way to more niche boards like /his/.
Also, /his/ was created very recently relative to other boards, so it's pretty much certain that the vast majority of browsers have been on this site for a good while.

By the time they get here, they have been thoroughly trained by the high-traffic boards on how to use this site. And what you see on high-traffic boards is that when 50+ threads are created every hour, only the ones that guarantee responses - the bait posts - survive. Bait posts are familiar to people (thus activating pattern-recognition endorphins) and center on topics literally every retard has an opinion on. Things that only a few people are knowledgable about just can't stay up long enough to get a good discussion going. People learn over time that when making a thread, it needs a strong bait element or it will be useless.

Like how just now I gave my post a well-known meme as its pic. This will get people to notice it, and I believe that my post deserves discussion.
>>
>>1399083
I'll tell you why OP.
They're the people who want to seem smart, so they go to a board that they believe has smart people in it and shit it up with their mediocre posting. Remember when /r9k/ was "a board of intellectuals" full of "gentlemen" well it got flooded by pseudo intellectuals and normalfags and now the threads there are nothing but bait, every and all attempts at intelligent conversation gets ignored. This is the fait of every the board on this site.
>>
I see both /his/ and /news/ mainly as slightly less retarded versions of /pol/ without those stupid flags.
>History
What is there even to be discussed about sodding history? Read up the sources and collectively state the facts, and that's about it. Any further discussion like "But *why* did X invade Y?" automatically becomes humanities/politics.

>>1400258
Something something Edward Said
>>
File: mr_ratburn.png (77 KB, 372x524) Image search: [Google]
mr_ratburn.png
77 KB, 372x524
>it's a /his/ meta thread
>>
File: cb6.jpg (34 KB, 500x575) Image search: [Google]
cb6.jpg
34 KB, 500x575
What do you want to talk about then Op?
>>
>>1399083
It was shit because of the Humanities section.

Humanities is literally under the sun and is right up there in Pol's shit. Japmoot is retarded for combining history with the cancerous, aimless beast that is Humanities.
>>
>>1399083
We will prove you wrong by replying 300 times in this thread
>>
>>1400623
>implying this isn't a bait thread
>>
>>1400258
link?
http://desuarchive.org/his/search/
>>
>>1400608
The more aimless a board is the worse it is.
>>
>>1399207
You forgot the 30 or so spastics arguing about swords vs spears.
>>
>>1400678
swords are a meme
Stirner is a meme
african history is a meme
Slavs are a meme, Marx is a meme, >H>R>E is a meme, armor is a meme, the pope is a meme

/pol/ migrants coming here with meme culture are like muslim migrants coming to Europe with Islamic culture, it's shit and they're too immersed in it to give it up and adapt

Excuse my /pol/itically incorrect analogy
>>
Serious discussions tends to ends with one or an another decisive answer. The shit posting has no logical end and would flow basically forever.
>>
>>1400623
No this thread proves my point it doesn't discuss history at all it won't die.
>>
>>1400698
(you)
>>
>>1399083
Most people here aren't interested in talking about history. Everything tends to devolve into racial shit, bashing anything left of Hitler, and derailing the few actual discussions into crap. Oh also, accusing every claim of being a "meme" instead of actually addressing it.

History is a discipline that takes serious self-control to engage with effectively. That means leaving ideological crap at the door, and doing your research. People on 4chan are more likely to just grab the nearest acceptable board reply (kek, implying, faggot, cuckservative, leftcuck, wewuz, "your reply is a meme") than to actually attempt to make sense of the past.
>>
>>1399083
Remove the "Humanities". You're only allowed to discuss events before the treaty of Versailles. There I fixed 90% of this board's problems.
>>
>>1399258
They were also ignorant asshats that preferred revisionist history. I expect that out of posters, but mods being that way too was just shitty.
>>
>>1401582
do you have a single fact to back that up
>>
>>1401595
Oh hai mod.
Deleted posts and threads while threads and posts supporting particular revisionist views persisted.
It could be that they were just lazy and only deleted things that were unpopular enough to be reported by enough pained doltards, but I highly doubt that.
>>
>>1401611
>everyone who disagrees with me is le mod boogeymang
nice /v/ meme you weak white millennial newmale faggot cuckold
>>
>>1401614
OK, so you're not a mod, you're just one of the revisionist history poster idiots.
>>
I blame /int/ and /pol/ crossposters
>>
>>1401619
>everyone who disagrees with me is le revision man boogeymang
another typical neo-redditumblr4chanist neo-millennial newmale memesexual memegendered USEFUL IDIOT SOCJUS SHILL hyperliberal brainwashed idiot cuckold TURK idiot NERD cuck TURK MAD idiot MAD cuck NERD millennial FAGGOT
>>
>>1400426
>tfw no one noticed this post
Dont worry anon, I got u covered
>>
>>1400698
This is correct. They shit up their own board, get tired of it after the 100th accusation of being JIDF, go somewhere else, and carry their backwards views along with them. And just as the refugees have wahabbi, /pol/ has it's alt-right autism.
>>
>>1401622
How much shitposting really comes from /int/? I mean, yeah they suck but I don't think it's fair to compare it to /pol/
>>
>>1399090
>just ignore the problem, the cross posting, the raids
>just keep making history threads that get ignored
Yeah I'm sure /pol/ will just leave of their own accord
>>
Quality posts in bait threads can turn them into constructive discussions. If you don't like what you see in an online community, start posting what you want to see.
>>
I remember the /his/ threads on /int/. they were quite good quality.
>>
>>1401661
/int/ is kinda fun. But /pol/ is just a cesspit.
>>
>>1400426
You, my friendo, talk real deal.
>>
>>1400698
That's not very tolerant you nazi
#openborders44chan
>>
Because shitposting is fun
>>
>>1401731
Doesn't work that often
>>
>>1401839
That doesn't mean you shouldn't keep trying.

Also, >>1401820
Mindless fun isn't the worst thing in the world if done in moderation.
>>
File: 1467492051878.jpg (50 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1467492051878.jpg
50 KB, 700x700
>/his/ wonders why this board is shit
>thread devolves into another Lefty/pol/ vs /pol/ shitfest

pottery
>>
>>1401874
It's a meta thread though. People aren't actually arguing here, just recognizing the problem.
>>
>>1401611
>I'm mad that my Holocaust denial and racist threads were deleted
>>
>>1399083
Because it devolves into a /tumblr/ vs. /pol/ fight in every single fucking thread
>>
>>1401874

I fucking hate pottery,

>lol we know the exact year a culture was in x location cause we found ceramic shards in the dirt there
>>
>>1401928
Yeah just like this thread
>>
It's because the Humanities. Makes people think they can talk about religion, politics and philosophy. If you're talking about it in a historical context that's fine, but I get irritated with all the threads. Politics goes to /pol/. Religion is somewhat bearable, since Humanities.

Another problem is the amount of /pol/ and /leftypol/. You get the lefties constantly praising Communism, Anarchism, Islam, hating on Western civilisation, etc. Meanwhile you get /pol/ constantly going "doos volt we need another crusade heil hitler xD". Threads will ALWAYS diverge into this pointless conflict. Both are incapable of seeing the middle ground.

And then you have the Reddit & /b/ tier /His/ Humour threads.
>>
File: image.png (566 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
566 KB, 1136x640
>>1399083
>meta thread
Great contribution fool
>>
>>1399083
Because this is a /pol/ colony board with a rare few guerilla fighters from /int/.
>>
>>1400426
But... when I first came here, I went straight to /his/. Well, not really, it's the second thing I got to. First board I got into was /lit/. You do raise a good point, though.
>>
File: 1386245821837.jpg (42 KB, 453x335) Image search: [Google]
1386245821837.jpg
42 KB, 453x335
>It's a thread that could have been answered if the OP just googled it or even better; read a book

the worst
>>
Why do sjws get mad that /pol/ blames sjws for everything when they blame /pol/ for everything?
>>
>>1399163
/pol/ was shitting up this place the week it was created

And it was full of "x vs y" threads, "who was the best x" and similar shit. So unless your referring to the nanosecond of time between Hirohito creating this board and someone actually posting, this board is, was and always will be irredeemable shit
>>
>>1403509
"Sjw" =! someone who actually wants to discuss history/humanities on a history board without being reminded that the Jews run the world and blacks are inferior every six seconds
>>
>>1403520
Spotted the anti white sjw
>>
I had a pretty nice thread about Pedro II of Brazil. Got some nice book suggestions on the dude
>>
As demonstrated by this fellow
>>1403642

Another problem is that people think parroting /pol/ or /leftypol/ shit is really fucking clever and amusing trolling. It's like the worst of ironic shitposting, with an occasional dash of edge.

God forbid we just talk about history itself and not have idiots projecting modern views on to history every thread.
>>
>>1404630
>implying postironic shitposting isn't a far greater threat to /his/
How can you debate someone who doesn't even know themselves if they have a stance or not?
>>
>>1399083
I barely post or visit /his/ anymore. This board is in serious need of moderation.
>>
>>1403112
Lol "leftypol" is just a boogyman people make up to justify their political persecution complex.
the pol posting is not from pol mostly but either shit posters or idiots who genuinely think that but inhabit other boards. like most pol posting is like 40% the rest are people looking for kicks because no one bothers to hide their threads.
>>
>>1405857
At most I mean
>>
>>1399083
Because gook thought it would be a great idea to add the "and humanities" part to the board's name.
>>
>>1399145

Go kill some Nestorian Christians and Platonists harder, Ahmed.
>>
>>1401931
Ritual purposes
>>
>>1399083
Something needs to be done.

If I see another "BUT WHY DIDN'T AFRICA DEVELOP LEL" thread I might actually cry.
>>
I'm from /int/ and I have been here ever since /his/ got created. We basically covered most of his at first but it turned more into shitposting as flags were introduced. Eventually people started to isolate themselves in their generals and that was pretty much the death of this board.

I honestly dont like this board. There are so many things to discuss yet people concentrate themselves on ideologies from either /pol/ or /leftypol/. A lot or posters seem to be second year college dipshits who think to know it all. Now the rightwingers are blatant shitposters but the lefties have this smug sense of knowing that feels like someone is peeling my nails.
>>
>>1399083
>why do fish like bait?
Gee i wonder why
>>
discussion requires critical think and analytical skills beyond the average level. most people are below average, so shit posting will reign.
>>
M

>>1405857
>Lol "leftypol" is just a boogyman people make up to justify their political persecution complex.
Spotted the leftypol drone
>>
what the fuck is "leftypol"

is it just a meme some underage millennial neo-nazi cuckster invented
>>
>>1399088
Each communication system will favor certain modes of conversation. 4chan is not very conductive to serious discussions.
You still get some here and there but imageboards favor entertainment.
If you havent realized this by now then you are right where you should be.
>>
>>1399145
But the only non-whites who ever accomplished anything were the gooks, and whites mopped the floor with them
Are you salty that you were born a nigger?
>>
>>1399233
Commie scum
>>
>>1409814
>revisionisting this hard
EPCOT
simply EPCOT
>>
>>1401925
>ban holocaust threads, revisionism is cancer
>btw we wuz kangz
>>
>>1409845
epic /pol/ memes my epic /int/ /his/ /gsg/ comrade /b/rother storm power klan united legion federation brothers in arms brothers in power brothers in legion
white islamic syrian kurdish empire legion
syria is for the kurds
allahu akbar
allahu akbar
allahu akbar
>>
>>1409850
And yet I'm the cancer that is killing /his/
>>
>>1409864
yes you are
>>
shouldn't /his/ be called /her/ for reparations?
>>
>>1409950
i don't get it
>>
>>1409744
>sure buddy
>>
>>1410014
please explain
>>
File: z296.jpg (129 KB, 701x576) Image search: [Google]
z296.jpg
129 KB, 701x576
Alright motherfuckers, let's see how shit of a board this really is
>>
>>1410127
66% of you do not replace the ball.
75% if you do.
>>
>>1399083
/tv/ ruined this whole fucking site
>>
>>1410127
50% without replacement if I'm doing this right and there's no replacement.

If the first ball you picked was gold, it can't be box 3.

That leaves 1 and 2, so you get an even 50-50
>>
>>1410127
ball 1 = ball 2
ball 2 = ball 1
ball 3 = grey ball
2/3
>>
>>1410127
50%. Ignore only silver box.
>>
>>1410127
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bertrand's_box_paradox
nice try you monty hall faggot
>>
File: wish I was at Rome.png (382 KB, 1342x1346) Image search: [Google]
wish I was at Rome.png
382 KB, 1342x1346
>>1401731
>Quality posts in bait threads can turn them into constructive discussions. If you don't like what you see in an online community, start posting what you want to see.

This, this. A thousand times, this.

yes but
>>1401839
>Doesn't work that often

well
>>1401864
>That doesn't mean you shouldn't keep trying.

This.

>mindless fun isn't the worst thing in the world if done in moderation

And this!

Memers gonna meme. Pols gonna pol. Best you can do is start threads on topics you care about with care and quality info. Define or set parameters to guide discussion from the outset. Provide examples, links, etc. Stick around and reply accordingly. Lurk the archives for ideas, new topic ideas, get inspired, make new historic OC.
Reply to posts that fit what you had in mind for the thread. Ignore the memes if you don't like them (they are in the right to post as they wish) but if you stick with it, you can keep the discussion anons posting (and attract more) around some silly meme posts. (new content will distract them!) Same with pol...
Yes, politics and current events aren't allowed here, but that doesn't mean people from pol can't come here and post. It may be the exception and not the rule but there are anons with pol's views who can carry on a discussion. If it's blatantly racism and off-topic, in no way any kind of real contribution, report the post and move on. Try posting a screencap of the rules, and saying something to get the thread back on topic without replying to anyone.
As far as what threads you want or don't want, use the catalog, ignore what you don't like, join what you do and like anon said above "post what you want to see".

We don't get to decide how good or bad the board is, what threads work and which ones don't, what threads live or die, or fail or succeed - even the mods don't to a certain extent. Putting a stop to what we don't want here isn't going to work. Making quality threads, posts, and content about what we do want, will.
>>
>>141087
You are very optimistic it's strange
>>
>>1409845
if you think theres any unironic we wuz kanging and if youre blind to the 4 daily threads that are literally 'why is africa so shit xDDDD' you may be too retarded to post here
>>
>>1410955
>leftypol defending black supremacists this hard
Hilarious
>>
>>1411364
>leftypol
what is this
i keep seeing this meme all over /his/
can someone explain it
>>
>>1411387
It's just another boogyman.
>>
>>1411400
yeah but what does it come from
there's never been a leftist side of /pol/, as far as i know
>>
>>1411408
>never been to /pol/

/leftypol/ is a spinoffchan board made up of all the leftists who felt repressed on /pol/
>>
>>1411424
well then why bring up 8cuck shit on 4chan
i've never seen people do it as much on any other board as they do on /his/

what is it about the population of /his/ that compels them to drag 8cuck shit into every argument
>>
>>1411430
Because /his/ is a self-parody that tries so hard not to be like /pol/ that is turns in on itself and becomes just a different side of /pol/.
>>
>>1411430
Because you Sjws are constantly raiding /his/ from leftypol
>>
>>1411465
what
i'm not even a part of the argument you were having, dude
i never even go to 8cuck. it's full of people who were literally too cancerous and shitposty for 4chan

try to think about that for a moment
literally too cancerous and shitposty
for 4chan
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.