[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the hard problem an autism filter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: download (8).jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
6 KB, 275x183
Is the hard problem an autism filter?
>>
The hard problem of consciousness? I'd rather say it's a p-zombie filter. We should take all the p-zombies who fail to understand it, and should study their brains using all neuroscientific methodology available. Then we should compare their brains to real human brains. Perhaps we'd find something interesting.
>>
>>1399817
I don't think I'll ever get just what makes the hard problem so difficult to understand
>>
>>1399817
>being able to detect p-zombies

The whole fucking point is you can't.
>>
>>1400007
The fact that non-living matter can create something that is aware of its own awareness, which has its own subjective qualia? You tell me then if it's so easy
>>
>>1401666
I'm not saying it's easy, I'm saying there are autists who can't even wrap their heads around what you just posted and keep posting that's all in the brain
>>
>>1399817
maybe they're not p zombies, just trying to be edgy or don't understand it
>>
>>1401674
Except what he posted doesn't actually counter that position.
>>
File: cute nazi grandfather.jpg (356 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
cute nazi grandfather.jpg
356 KB, 1024x768
>>1398819
Yes
>>
>>1399817
Only p-zombies can understand it, for only they are outside consciousness.

Everyone else just goes, "b-b-ut, muh soul!"
>>
>>1401666
>non-living matter
You again?
>>
>>1401710
Congrats, this thread was for you
>>
>>1401725
What? Are you implying atoms are living?
>>
>>1401832
>what
The particular poster who is obsessed with the idea that "non-living matter becoming aware" is a miracle that proves there's something out there, man, and goes on huge rants whenever anyone points out an error. Likes to say "you just don't get it" a lot.
>>
>>1401877
I'm him and that wasn't me. Stop stalking me you deranged faggot
>>
>>1401898
This guy is not me.
>>
>>1402064
>>1401898
The "easy" problem of consciousness, in a nutshell.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.