[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DAILY REMINDER THAT THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION IS THE WORST T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: ted kkkkkkkkkkk.jpg (56 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
ted kkkkkkkkkkk.jpg
56 KB, 850x400
DAILY REMINDER THAT THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION IS THE WORST THING THAT HAPPENED TO MANKIND

http://editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf
>>
I would say it was a necessary evil
>>
>>1396603
It is like adapt or die type of thing yea
>>
>people living in an industrial society have the choice to completely abandon the industrial economy and live like medieval peasants
>medieval peasants don't have the chance to live like first worlders
>>
File: 1-anglo-saxon-warriors.jpg (811 KB, 2222x3026) Image search: [Google]
1-anglo-saxon-warriors.jpg
811 KB, 2222x3026
>>1396603
>>1396612
no it wasn't you cunts

>>1396636
Medieval peasants are an exception.
Germanic Tribesmen (Anglo Saxons, Norse, Continental Germanics) could easily rise up in ranks in their tribal society, they would just have to do feats of honour or shows of prowess (fighting, hunting, swimming, running, etc).

They could also make their own villages, travel on their own, leave villages, etc.

Medieval Feudal system is an exception to that, idiot.
>>
>>1396647
There are a ton of different alternative societies in the industrial world that let you opt out of modern technology.

You won't though.
>>
>>1396657

This.
>>
>>1396647
>Medieval peasants are an exception.
>Germanic Tribesmen (Anglo Saxons, Norse, Continental Germanics) could easily rise up in ranks in their tribal society, they would just have to do feats of honour or shows of prowess (fighting, hunting, swimming, running, etc).
>They could also make their own villages, travel on their own, leave villages, etc.
>Medieval Feudal system is an exception to that, idiot.
You still weren't able to ditch the Agricultural life of your surrounding peers unless you wanted to end up conquered though. Unless you wanted to become one of the Sapmi or something else quite unrealistic.
>>
File: 1467006914126.jpg (329 KB, 1000x1600) Image search: [Google]
1467006914126.jpg
329 KB, 1000x1600
>>1396657
>>1396690
Except I'm saving up to buy land in a forest where I can build my own home and life a traditional life. and no, hippies and homeless people aren't good alternative societies.
>>
>>1396636
tell that to the hundreds of people who try to live INNAWOODS only to get sanctioned out the ass.

also

>imlying free will
>implying we aren't dependent of the current model of social organization and maladapted for more primitive ones
>>
File: rec.jpg (230 KB, 990x1373) Image search: [Google]
rec.jpg
230 KB, 990x1373
>>1396707
>You still weren't able to ditch the Agricultural life of your surrounding peers unless you wanted to end up conquered though. Unless you wanted to become one of the Sapmi or something else quite unrealistic
You realise that The Tribes I talked about did not use agriculture much? Most of their food was from hunting and gathering, they did use agriculture to supplement their diet.
>>
>>1396746
Got any thing I may read for that? I got pretty hard to think that tribes who managed to form relatively big centralized groups weren't mainly agricultural or pastoral.
>>
File: RedwaldPic2.jpg (34 KB, 451x729) Image search: [Google]
RedwaldPic2.jpg
34 KB, 451x729
>>1396766
Tacticus-Germania
It mentions Germanic Tribes mainly living off hunted meat, milk and some grain and fruits.
I doubt this would have changed into Anglo Saxon times and "vikings", Because why would they?
>>
>>1396589
No because then we wouldn't have cool shit
>>
>>1396773
Because of better equipment for Agriculture as well as conquest of new more easier farmed lands?
>>
File: berry.jpg (12 KB, 233x261) Image search: [Google]
berry.jpg
12 KB, 233x261
Ted Kaczynski was a sociopath, and thus hardly a defender of nature.

Listen instead to the likes of Wendell Berry and Leo Tolstoy.
>>
File: you_cant_win.png (395 KB, 400x518) Image search: [Google]
you_cant_win.png
395 KB, 400x518
>>1396589
>THE WORST THING THAT HAPPENED TO MANKIND
Maybe the worst thing that happened to some individual men.

...but as far as Mankind is concerned, the alternative is inevitable extinction.

So fuck it.
>>
>>1396589
That's a silly idea and a silly article. I will never understand people who prefer
>dying at 30, constantly struggling to eat, any injury or malady could be a death sentence, too worried about not dying to even worry about being happy
over
>materially fine, no danger from most sicknesses or injuries, so much food we literally have health problems from eating too much, only problem is being sad

Its just a very privileged idea to say that we have it worse than our ancestors. Only in a society where everything is provided free of charge can one wish for a society where it is a struggle to survive.

I mean honestly, ask literally anyone before the industrial revolution whether they would rather live today or then, and they would always, always say they want today's privileges. Even if you're the kind of person that likes to do survivalism or go camping a lot, you still have to appreciate the fact that its your own choice and that you are only able to survive "on your own" because of the tools and knowledge that modern society has provided for you.

If you think spiritual/intellectual pain is worse than material/physical pain, you have never experienced actual physical hardship.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.