[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you meant to do with your life? To put a more historical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1421882911859.jpg (210 KB, 1600x1295) Image search: [Google]
1421882911859.jpg
210 KB, 1600x1295
What are you meant to do with your life?

To put a more historical slant on it, what did people do in their spare time in the past?

I spend most of my time shitposting on 4chan, playing vidya, and watching religious debates on Youtube. There's probably more to life than this but I can't quite figure out what. Furthermore this kind of time wasting wasn't possible in the past, so what did they do? Did the Romans shitpost in the real life forvm? Did they just not have spare time?

I think this is an area where philosophy is lacking. We can argue all day about the big metaphysical questions, but what are you meant to do with the other 99% of your life?
>>
Eat. Sleep. Maybe have sex. Perhaps even reproduce. Maybe get really good at something that you'll be remembered for it (unlikely given your statistically guaranteed to be another boring average schlub). Count yourself lucky that unlike 99% of your ancestors you have the time and comfort to ponder such questions.
>>
>>1395954
>What are you meant to do with your life?
/his/ has established that the meaning of life is to complain about /pol/
>>
>>1395954

from my experience youre suposed to perform the functions youre given
>>
>>1395972
This and also do social shit.

Play with your kids, go to church, write theses and nail them to church doors.

Something involving direct human interaction.
>>
File: Colosseum_Rome.jpg (119 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Colosseum_Rome.jpg
119 KB, 800x600
>>1395954
>Did the Romans shitpost in the real life forvm?
They debated the philosophy that we're shitposting about on this board in live forvms.

...and some, ummm, "organized sports". (I mean, seriously, how bored to you have to be to create something like this, fill it with water, and do mock ship battles in it?)
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.