[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which country was the biggest JUST of WW1 and why was it Russia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
Which country was the biggest JUST of WW1 and why was it Russia?
>>
>>1395269
Russia definitely, but the Ottoman Empire and the Austro-Hungarian Empire come in as close seconds.
>>
>>1395269

Italy.
>>
>>1395269
Italy, no doubt about it, any other answer is wrong.

they changed sides like 4 times
>>
Russia had an extremely effective offensive going in 1916 which basically broke the back of the Austro-Hungarian army. The rest of their efforts, except for the first few weeks, were pretty pathetic. But they at least had that.

Italy, on the other hand, had no such offensives, and kept on fucking up every single time.
>>
File: Petain and Luigi Cadorna.jpg (70 KB, 997x759) Image search: [Google]
Petain and Luigi Cadorna.jpg
70 KB, 997x759
>"Austrians? A trifle. It was simply a matter of outsmarting them. You see, Austrians have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and ran out of ammunition. Petain, show them the medal I won!"
>>
>>1395346

>During the Battle of Caporetto, he ordered the summary execution of officers whose units retreated. Six percent of Italian soldiers under his leadership faced a disciplinary charge during the war and 61 percent of them were found guilty. About 750 were executed, the highest number in any army in World War I. Claims have been made that he also reintroduced the ancient Roman practice of decimation—the killing of every tenth man—for units which failed to perform in battle
>>
Italy's saving grace was being on the winning side. Otherwise they'd have gotten the Austro-Hungarian or Russian treatment.
>>
>>1395335

They also really fucked the austrians at galicia
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.