[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/ honest opinion about Dan Carlin's "HARDCORE HISTORY"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: DC_HH_iTunes.jpg (807 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
DC_HH_iTunes.jpg
807 KB, 1400x1400
/his/ honest opinion about Dan Carlin's "HARDCORE HISTORY" ?.
>>
> its a "what does /his/ think of Dan Carlin" episode
>>
>>1394864

My honest opinion is that this entire topic has been done hundreds of times on /his/ and this is a stale question.
>>
File: melv_1917542b.jpg (53 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
melv_1917542b.jpg
53 KB, 620x388
>it's this thread again
>>
>>1394864
slow as fuck
>>
>It's a... big question folks... what exactly is... Hardcore History?
>BUT FIRST I WANT TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT SQUARESPACE
>>
>>1394864
garbage.
Want to see how proper history is taught?
This guy is both brilliant, an actual historian and is interesting as fuck to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B9b9mUPJik
>>
File: 1466240678660.jpg (85 KB, 640x566) Image search: [Google]
1466240678660.jpg
85 KB, 640x566
>>1394864
It does what it sets out to do.

Many appraisals are elitist like>>1395210
but he is not HCH's target audience. HCH's target audience is non-history people who want a glancing understanding of some historical events and trends delivered in an entertaining package.
>>
He finds a way to include the least amount of information into the longest podcasts possible. I've recently been reading Herodotus and I learned more about the persians in a few chapters pages than I did in Carlin's entire King of Kings series.
>>
I prefer a more serious historian, like John Green.
>>
I've enjoyed his podcasts on WWI. I haven't learned that much that is new to me, but I did enjoy his presentation and all of the quotes he dug up. I felt like they did a good job getting me a feeling for how things felt from that time period.
>>
File: safonkin cruc.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
safonkin cruc.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
>>1395486
Carlin is serious, he just uses sports broadcasting tropes to deliver his message because he has an obvious lack of faith in public intelligence (this is also why he talks slow, and reveals fairly common thoughts as being potentially controversial)
>>
>>1395443
But what i linked to is entertaining as hell and im not a historian or study history.
Unless you are talking about total morons who need a hella fuck*n epic experience with shouts and "his guts were ripped out through his mouth" type shit.
Also Dan\s lectures are not interesting because he skips the little things that give stuff that interesting character and which requires thorough knowledge of the topic.
>>
>>1395210
That was pretty interesting
Did enjoy
Thanks
>>
>>1395703
But its a series....
>>
>>1395717
Yeah I noticed
I'm going to start watching the first one since you linked to the second
Also is that guy a Jew?
>Friedman
>ugly
>lispy voice
I'm like 90% sure he is
>>
>>1395731
Well, if you are /pol/ack than you will probably benefit from history lectures more than the average person.
>>
>>1395731
The first is introductory as in giving details about the course itself and technical issues.
>>
>>1395736
I'll admit I'm a /pol/tard and it has left its affects on me
I stopped going though because I can't stand the fucking cuck threads and Sweden yes type threads
I am wary of the Jews though and especially those in teaching positions
>>
I've heard all the criticisms about him, but I think he at least does a decent job of giving a general overview. His WW1 podcast was great (especially for car rides) and I've been doing my own research because of it.
>>
>>1395758
>>1395736

AHH I FUCKINF NEW IT
THERE IT IS

THAT JEW JUST FUCKING SAID ISLAM IS THE HIER TO THE ROMAN EMPIRE
YOU TRICKY CUNT I NEARLY FELL FOR YOUR RUSE
>>
>>1395777
duh...they took more than half of the territories of the roman empire.
Dont worry, he talks about Byzantium as well.
>>
File: 20D.png (732 KB, 643x568) Image search: [Google]
20D.png
732 KB, 643x568
>>1395595
I didn't say anything about what you linked to.
I didn't watch what you linked to.

You assume that what for you is interesting will be interesting to the average joe listening to a podcast while he works.

Most people don't have the time to pursue your interests, just like you don't have the time to pursue theirs. Any humble effort made will likely go for some form of cheap edutainment that can be digested by the uninitiated while working.
>>
>>1395785
You fucking cunt you need to warn people ahead of time if you are going to be sending them to a Jew to learn about anything
One needs to be on guard at all times around these people
>>
>>1395802
I dont understand your problem, oh, you are a nutjob, ok.
>>
>>1395806
I don't want to go off on a /pol/ rant because honestly I come her to get away from that mess but be wary of the merchants
>>
>>1395829
>>1395802
>>1395777

Poe's law in full effect
>>
>>1395758
What do you mean with that I'm wary of the Jews line? If you don't leave your tinfoil hat you'll have a hard time learning history
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.