[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's your favorite museum? i'm starting to think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
what's your favorite museum? i'm starting to think about vacations, and generally thoroughly enjoy spending a couple of days in local museums.

i live a few blocks from pic related, and love it
>>
All modern art ones
>>
I live on Long Island. I fucking love the Met. Louvre was pretty great when I visited a few years ago (minus all the North Africans)
>>
File: Glyptoteket_palme.jpg (880 KB, 2288x1712) Image search: [Google]
Glyptoteket_palme.jpg
880 KB, 2288x1712
>>1394800
Almost all of the museums in Copenhagen.

If you genuinly like museums, go to CPH.

I was there last summer, and the longest I ever had to bycycle/walk between the museums were 30 mins. And most of the museums are free, so you can just walk right in.

And the others are genuinly interested in getting people to have a good experience and get a bit more cultural, so they won't overcharge you + if you have a student ID you can usually get 50% off.

Ps. One of the best modern art museum, sadly lies in northern Zealand, it's called Louisiana, it's a modern art museum. It takes 15-20 mins with train to get there.
>>
>>1395091
Man, i went to Europe a month ago and there were so many obsidian North Africans. They all had hate in their eyes
>>
>>1395091
it's such a great place, even to just spend a few hours. i have a membership, and will go on random saturdays / sundays when i have a bit of time to kill just to wander for a few hours

>>1395104
cool, thanks for the copenhagen recommendation! sadly it's been a long time since i had a student id, but thankfully because of that i can afford to pay, when necessary. any small museums you hit there that aren't normally on the main list you'd recommend?
>>
>>1395142
David's Collection,

Can't tell if it's on the main list or anything, but there was literally no waiting time. As in 0, we walked right in and got the ticket.

Which suprised me, considering how huge and beautiful the collection was.

There was an abundance of near- and far oriental art. I mean they had whole floors with such. First time in my life I've seen so much (I even visited Syrian museums before the war broke out). I can definetly reccomend it.

My favorite part of the museums were the books [spoiler] and the open book of a persian/arabic fairytale. It had drawings which had clear Chinese inspirations (the museum didn't mention it itself), which made sense since it was from the Caliphate's Golden Age. [/spoiler]
>>
I live in Madrid and love the Prado Museum.

I go two or three times a year, and I really enjoy going to Goya's Paintings and the room where the Fusilamiento de Torrijos is.
>>
>>1395201
nice! i'll put it on the list

>>1395230
that's where guernica is, right? i've been there, albeit ~10 years ago... great museum
>>
>>1394800
I can't speak to art but the British museum is my favorite for history. They basically raided their global empire for cool shit and won't give it back, it's awesome.

The main Athens history museum is great if you like Greek history and early bronze age stuff as well.

The American museum of natural history is incredible for its fossil collection. If you like dinosaurs and other extinct animals it's probably the best in the world. They have a a real t-Rex fossil (not a casting) on display, which is extremely rare.
>>
>>1395441
It's been a long time since I was in the British Museum, but remember being absolutely enthralled as a kid. Now that I've done a LOT more reading (probably been about 15 years since I went), I would probably appreciate it even more. That's a great suggestion.

Athens will definitely be happening, but timing is TBD (I want to do a boat trip in the Aegean, and the next trip will be solo).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.