[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this even possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (506 KB, 1095x1296) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
506 KB, 1095x1296
>The earliest civilizations started here
>Still underdeveloped today
>>
>>1393971
It has nothing to do with Islam.
>>
File: euphoric.gif (1 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
euphoric.gif
1 MB, 230x172
>>1393973
Imagine no religion.
>>
>War.
>Then war.
>Another war.
>A war or two.
>Throw in some more war.
>Add a bit of war.
>Spice things up with just a pinch of war.
>Now get serious and have a war.
>Don't forget the war!

And that's just the first 1,000 years, only 7,000 more to go!
>>
>>1393998
>only 7,000 more to go!

What happens after then?
>>
>>1394003
Well there was war for 8,000 years, and there's war right now. Call it a wild stab in the dark but I think that war might happen.
>>
>>1393973

This. Islam is a religion of peace. Also marrying your cousins is perfectly fine.
>>
>>1393971
Mongols.
They rape Muslim so hard that they couldn't get up from their knees by 800 years.
>>
>>1394044
Yup. Mongols can be credited largely for the great divergence in general too
>>
>>1393971
Lack of natural resources, other than oil.
Soil is not as fertile as in europe
Constant wars. Lack of institutions that protect private property.
>>
>>1393971
It wasn't underdeveloped back then. Sandniggers gotta destroy everything they create. See ISIS.
>>
File: 706iran.png (464 KB, 2754x1397) Image search: [Google]
706iran.png
464 KB, 2754x1397
>>1393973

israel developed from the ground up from nothing. it might have something to do with religion
>>
>>1393971
To say the Saudia Arabia or Qatar are underdeveloped is laughable. If you honestly believe this you know absolutely nothing about the middle east.

In regards to their extremist ideologies that's a different manner. But they're certainly doing pretty well for themselves.

>look up the Jeddah tower
>>
>>1393971
they lived in relative (forced) peace under the ottoman empire, this is their 30 years war basically
>>
>>1394145
>To say the Saudia Arabia or Qatar are underdeveloped is laughable.
they are, they have no industry or education systems
without oil money and western backing those countries are basically africa
>>
>>1394095
This
Any other answer is "Dark Ages" tier
>>
>>1394149
They do have an education system actually, they're literacy rates are nearly at 100%. And around 20,000 Saudi students went to college in the U.S in 2010/11.

That's true what you say about the oil money, but that just proves my point.
>>
>>1394174
Have you ever actually looked into their curriculum? Their schools are abysmal and the overwhelming majority of the population have no real skills. They have to import all of their labor both skilled and unskilled that's why Aramco has basically a massive American colony by their oil pumps.
>>
>>1394174
They're obviously not the best systems, but again, to say their underdeveloped is just not true. Yes you will have nomads in that parts of the world, but you have those people in China as well.

The middle east isn't just a desert wasteland with mud huts all over the place, this is a /pol/ level stereotype.
>>
>>1393998
>>1394013
>Europe is exactly the same until 20 years ago
>Still more developed than anywhere else in Eurasia
Makes perfect sense
>>
>>1394180
>>1394181
I replied to myself before you responded.

>Education System
>kids come out with no skills
>this describes most education systems in the world.

Also, they have a system to start with.
>>
>>1394181
>Coastal China is developed
>Therefore China is developed
What the fuck kind of argument is that? China is by and large an undeveloped shithole.
>>
>>1393971
When I was there I couldn't even stand outside for more than an hour without feeling light headed

It's a surprise they can do ANYTHING
>>
>>1394203

What the hell is your definition of underdeveloped? Any country that isn't completely westernized?

You know the yuan is a reserve currency now? I guess that shithold underdeveloped country is doing pretty well for itself
>>
>>1393984
You don't need to be a fedora tipping atheist to see that there's a problem with Islam
>>
>>1394209
Shithole*
>>
>>1394209
Well let's break this down
>buildings are in shambles, even the new ones
>interior has little to no development whatsoever
>drinking water isn't clean, even in the developed areas

>You know the yuan is a reserve currency now?
So monetary worth is developed?

Even the fucking World Bank still considers China to be a developing country. Again, just because Coastal China is developed, that doesn't mean that China is developed.
>>
>>1394197
But you're wrong. When their king encourages competent students to go abroad for technical training you know their school system is a joke.

The Saudi educational system is considered world wide to be one of the worst.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.