[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Detrimental Repitition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: wink.jpg (13 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
wink.jpg
13 KB, 259x194
Is a place like 4chan detrimental to the mind and its ability to learn?

>Constant insulting

>bias opinions

>use of made up internet slang

Do you guys feel like you are on the same threads every day for the past couple of years or no?

Do you guys think people actually come on here to discuss religious ideas?

Two people arguing, both sides just end up with the same opinion just stronger.
>>
>>1393792
Fuck you bitch, I'm a lawyer!
>>
>>1393792
Animosity, and free speech are some of the best aspects of 4chan, but so many people abuse them.

Great concepts wasted, because humans are scum.
>>
>>1394054
They're not great concepts if they work theoretically and not practically. Great concepts must consider the fact that humans are scum
>>
Eh, at least it's better than 8c which has more if those things you describe.
Try:
* philosophyforums.com
* 8/logic
* 8/logicpol
* making your own
* finding your own
This is now an alternatives to 4chan tread
>>
>>1393792
memes are the best way to make a person interested in a subject
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-10-12-00-08.png (70 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-10-12-00-08.png
70 KB, 720x1280
>>1394054
Do you mean anonymity?
>>
>>1394483 #
If anyone does manage find one which they think is good please tell us about it here.
>>
>>1393792
The way some people on this site argue, it's like they only understand four, maybe five rhetorical concepts:
1)the strawman
2)the Hitler analogy
3)the no true Scotsman (and the 'false flag')
4)"cuck"
5)"objectivity" (as in, "my viewpoint is objectively correct and logical, while you are illogical and emotional")>>1393792

And that's it, that's as much ground as they can cover, mentally.
>>
>>1394058
Exactly the reason why Reddit is vastly superior to 4chan. I just come here to bait these days.
>>
>>1393792
Yes, this place is poison for the brain.

In some ways it can actually be positive, but the chief problem is if you're exposed to this place for long enough you start to assimilate into the subculture (for lack of a better word). So eventually whilst you may learn some new good stuff, you'll also pick up a lot of nasty habits and ways of thinking.
>>
>>1393792
>Two people arguing, both sides just end up with the same opinion just stronger.
Change almost always happens after the fact.
You get someone stirred up you wont get a "Oh I never thought of it that way, you are right!"
But after the conversation when they are about to go to sleep they might run through the day and seriously consider what was said and this is when they change their point of view or examine the validity of certain arguments.
>>1395222
Reddit is bad because it is the censorship of the masses, polemics have no use there....
Which is a huge problem because polemical attacks are usually what provokes a deeper response or the need for a deeper response.
Reddit can literally only have one opinion, the popular one.
4chan will make you think*
No really, 4chan is where you are going to get the most exposure to the most radical opinions.
Baiting is trash because b8ers never defend their opinions or their assertions and thus ruin any attempt at pursuing truth.
I mean, at least a true Nazi and a true Communist can pursue truth and come to objective conclusions because they can argue for their own worldview.
But plebbit tier b8ers are the bane of intellectual discourse.

The Agora will always trump your filthy hovel.
Reddit is Adeimantius and 4chan is Socrates.

one is an angry little bitch and the other is a philosophical provocateur.
>>
>>1395252
>Reddit can literally only have one opinion, the popular one.
No, actually Reddit has loads of opinions.
Have you ever actually been there or are you just taking popular beliefs as fact?
>>
>>1395252
>Baiting is trash because b8ers never defend their opinions or their assertions and thus ruin any attempt at pursuing truth.
>I mean, at least a true Nazi and a true Communist can pursue truth and come to objective conclusions because they can argue for their own worldview.
>But plebbit tier b8ers are the bane of intellectual discourse.
What defines baiting?
>>
>>1396584
Low effort posts that overgeneralize or oversimplify are the most common form.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.