[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that the US propped up Democratic Kampuchea? If so, why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Is it true that the US propped up Democratic Kampuchea? If so, why?
>>
>>1392653
>democratic
there you go
>>
No. Pol Pot came to power because the US simply stopped propping up the Cambodian Kingdom.

Democratic Kampuchea is one of the great tales is irony though, where the US fought against what they believed to be the evil Communists in Vietnam, only for the Vietnamese to bring more stability to Indochina and thwart the genocide going on in Cambodia.
>>
>>1394887
Lmao you think the Viet commies did it out of pure heart?
>>
>>1394934
nothing is done out of some altruistic reason simply for the greater good. I'm in no way defending them.

I'm just stating it's ironic that that Vietnam did more to stabilize the region after nearly 50 years of nonstop war brought on by France/Japan/the US.
>>
>>1394948
How did they stabilize the region?

Cambodia has been a permanent destabilized shithole ever since their forced puppet government.

Cambodians hate Viets now.
>>
>>1392653

No.

But the Khmer Rouge are an excellent example of the unintended consequences of the USA's militarism.

The situation that allowed it to be created was due to the Vietnam War and the bombing of Cambodia. Just like we have the Iraq War to thank for ISIS and the arming of militants in Afghanistan to thank for Al-Quaeda and 9/11.
>>
buffer state to stop communism spreading
>>
>>1395008

You what?

"Democratic" Kampuchea's ideological basis was a distorted version of Marxism.
>>
>>1392653
I hope they did, everybody knows Khmer Rogue did nothing wrong.
>>
>>1394972
I'm assuming whatever is going on in Cambodia now is better than Pol Pot's killing fields
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.