[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel like the Jesuits are one or two bad decisions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: pope-francis.jpg (599 KB, 967x1200) Image search: [Google]
pope-francis.jpg
599 KB, 967x1200
Anyone else feel like the Jesuits are one or two bad decisions away from getting culled like the Templars were?

I worry what's going to happen to them after Francis dies. Could be bad.
>>
>>1389688
And who's gonna cull them? King of France?
>>
File: 1466893291503.png (353 KB, 556x480) Image search: [Google]
1466893291503.png
353 KB, 556x480
The Cardinals love Francis

>In 2014, addressing a question raised on the family, he argued that church doctrine can change over time, and "doesn't depend on the spirit of time but can develop over time." "Saying that the doctrine will never change is a restrictive view of things," Marx later clarified at a Vatican press conference. "The core of the Catholic Church remains the Gospel, but have we discovered everything? This is what I doubt."[12]

>We have to respect the decisions of people. We have to respect also, as I said in the first synod on the family — some were shocked, but I think it’s normal — you cannot say that a relationship between a man and a man, and they are faithful, [that] that is nothing, that has no worth,

>He said it was up to the state “to make regulations for homosexuals so they have equal rights or nearly equal . . . but marriage is another point,” adding that the state “has to regulate these partnerships and to bring them into a just position, and we as church cannot be against it

>The history of homosexuals in our societies is very bad because we’ve done a lot to marginalize [them],” he said, adding that as a Church and as a society “we’ve also to say ‘sorry, sorry.’
>>
File: 1466439487019.jpg (91 KB, 692x463) Image search: [Google]
1466439487019.jpg
91 KB, 692x463
>>1389724
Gotta love this guy too, the Pope's right-hand man, and a very close friend of Benedict

>In April 2012, the election of a young gay man who was living in a registered same-sex partnership to a pastoral council in Vienna was vetoed by the parish priest. After meeting with the couple, Schönborn reinstated him. He later advised in a homily that priests must apply a pastoral approach that is "neither rigorist nor lax" in counselling Catholics who "don't live according to [God's] master plan".[38]
>>
File: Russian Orthodox Army 12.jpg (19 KB, 450x301) Image search: [Google]
Russian Orthodox Army 12.jpg
19 KB, 450x301
>>1389724
>>1389728

>mfw
>>
>>1389724
>>1389728
These cardinals are in the minority, Anon, and you know it. I could find the same sorts among the Orthodox hierarchy.

Take note they're also all from Europe, where the Church has regressed in recent decades. Places where the Church is growing have much more conservative, and much more assertive, cardinals. Africa and Asia will not allow Europe to hijack their dogma.
>>
>>1389972
>based Cardinal Sarah
>>
File: 1362404200902.jpg (8 KB, 135x180) Image search: [Google]
1362404200902.jpg
8 KB, 135x180
>>1389972
>tfw Sarah will never make the Church Great Again
>>
>>1389972
>These cardinals are in the minority
They are both extremely influential. The second one played a large part in getting Benedict elected, as well as the current Pope.

>I could find the same sorts among the Orthodox hierarchy.
No, you couldn't. When our bishops go off the deep end they go the opposite direction.
>>
>>1389688
>Anyone else feel like the Jesuits are one or two bad decisions away from getting culled like the Templars were?
Like, for the second time?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppression_of_the_Society_of_Jesus
>>
>>1389972
>I could find the same sorts among the Orthodox hierarchy.
Not really. When Lazar Pugalo was promoting SJW bullshit, the American Synod told him to STFU.

Heard some finnish clergymen had some tendencies, though.
>>
>>1389724
This. People underestimate the profundity and extent of the rot. They think that Francis is a wild card and that after he's gone it will all be fine. And it's not just the cardinals and bishops, but the low clergy and laymen. It's a satanic orgy. The only people condemning Vatican II are a couple old bishops in France. It's all over.

>>>/ortho/
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.