[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eternal Recurrence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: download (1).png (3 KB, 116x119) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
3 KB, 116x119
Can you handle it, /his/?
>>
>I'm too stupid to start a conversation about something
>Better shitpost a thread and hope someone smarter than me does it
>>
Not from first try, but I guess everyone would accommodate soon enough.
>>
>>1388540
The oroboros is a symbol of the universe as a self-reflexive isolated system
>>
Yes, but that doesn't make it true.
>>
>>1388530
Yes, would be pretty rad to relive everything again and again.
>>
I've been doing alright so far, for an eternity even.
>>
>>1388530
>get to meet and be with my waifu over and over again
It would be a pretty sweet deal despite everything else.
>>
>>1388596
>Yes, but that doesn't make it true.
delete this
>>
It's Friday night on 4chan. Wild guess, none of us are capable of the eternal return
>>
I've already survived through the shit ı went through, no reason to fear it under the exact same conditions.
>>
>>1388606
so in one word, the eternal return is the occidental samsara.
(when you meditate, you become conscious of your ''past lives'' (it is not really past lives, but it feels real, you live them as real, just as dreams are real and reality today is real)
the purpose of saying these past lives is to observe that you have been embracing the same degeneracy life after life, to this one very life of yours in 2016. what is this degeneracy? the ignorance of the sterility of hedonism (to conduct your life) ).

but the eternal return is intellectual, so it is a hit or miss on its effects ''to change your life'' (which means ''to break your faith in hedonism''').

the asian meditations is far more systematic, since you see before your eyes that you are a degenerate as long as you have faith in what you think and what you feel (and seeking better sensations (or at least, avoiding those that you do not like)).
>>
File: 1457783919657.jpg (175 KB, 600x756) Image search: [Google]
1457783919657.jpg
175 KB, 600x756
>>1388530
If the Eternal Return is true but when you're reborn your past life will have absolutely no effect on your current one and you will no longer remember anything of your past life then it doesn't even really matter if it's true or not does it?
>>
File: 9200000001652996.jpg (58 KB, 546x840) Image search: [Google]
9200000001652996.jpg
58 KB, 546x840
Yes
>>
>>1390578

really? I thought it was more a return where all your actions have the same result. and more on the meditation part i thought it was just a mental excersize to live lives from different perspectives to better understand humanity
>>
File: trick_or_treat_EYE.jpg (399 KB, 356x1768) Image search: [Google]
trick_or_treat_EYE.jpg
399 KB, 356x1768
I have accepted it for a long time now
>>
Kind of weird since infinity means that it won't be able to repeat itself.

But, we do just keep going.
>>
uberman is not superman
>>
Don't most people technically agree, in a tacit way? After all, given the exact same conditions, would we not still make the same decisions? We could say we wouldn't *now*, but only because we have the results of our past actions. So the problem hinders on whether you believe the past to be a different, separat thing from the present, or not, doesn't it?
>>
>>1388530
My science is gay, and my life is to be lived time and time forever more.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.