[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Icelandic Army
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: flaggy mcswaggy.png (150 KB, 2400x1618) Image search: [Google]
flaggy mcswaggy.png
150 KB, 2400x1618
Hey /his/,

I would like to know more about the military in Iceland. I'm not speaking about "vikings xd", but things more recent. Did they play big roles in the world wars? How about things since then?

All I can really find is things regarding the Icelandic coast guard and things.

Thank you for any contributions you may have!
>>
>>1388278
no, they could have been nuked 400 years ago and nothing would have changed in the world
>>
>>1388278

They didn't do much in WW2, I know that. They were occupied by Britain and later the U.S., with some protest, but non-violently. Used as a naval and air base, but again, it was British-American forces stationed there, not the Icelandics themselves.

Dunno about WW1. I assume they were still a Danish quasi-colony/protectorate at the time and thus stayed out of things, but I don't really know.
>>
>>1388278
what military? they have a couple of lightly armed patrol boats and rescue helicopters. ThereĀ“s a big NATO base there, Keflavik.
>>
>>1388278
They defeated Britain in the Cod War.
>>
>>1388292
>>1388293
>>1388320

Thanks guys

I know they had a coastguard pretty much, was wondering if they contributed anything to any wars, thanks guys!
>>
File: 1460572970642.jpg (22 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1460572970642.jpg
22 KB, 300x400
>>1388358
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.