[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good books or documentaries about Latin American
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Latin_America.png (100 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
Latin_America.png
100 KB, 550x550
What are some good books or documentaries about Latin American history? I would especially like to learn more about the 19th century revolutions and the following aftermath.
>>
do you speak spanish?
>>
>>1387966
His is not the place to ask this.
Go on int and ask the south Americans there for recommendations.
>>
>>1387988
no
>>
>>1388000
pity, well many universities in USA and Europe have latin american history scholars (from left and right), do some google
>>1387998
> asking the guys ih /lat
lel they are the most braindead ppl I ever seen
>>
>>1387966
Comparative Politics of Latin America: Democracy at Last ? by Daniel C. Hellinger
>>
>>1388026
at least they don't use "ppl"
>>
>>1387966
Central America:
>Inevitable Revolutions by Walter LaFeber

Mexico:
>Recollections of Mexico by Samuel Basch
>Revolutionary Mexico by John Hart
>Judas at the Jockey Club
>Unequal Partners by Sidney Weintraub
Cuba:
>That Infernal Little Cuban Republic

USLA Relations in an American context:
>The United States and Latin America by Frederick Pike

There's every book recommended to me in university through 3 classes that I still have on hand. They're all quite good.
>>
File: 51CcI8FeOML.jpg (41 KB, 321x500) Image search: [Google]
51CcI8FeOML.jpg
41 KB, 321x500
I would recommend the Reader series. They tend to be 500 to 800 pages long, and are really really good starting points for Latin American history. I myself have read the Peru reader, the Mexico reader, the Brazil reader and the Argentina reader. There are a couple more I think, I think there is also a Cuba and Costa Rica reader bUT I don't know desu.
>>
>>1388026
The people on /lat/ are indeed pretty dumb, but if you made a thread you may be able to get some answers. Not that I see why, /his/ should be the place for this.

That said, unfortunately I can't help you. I have a few sources, but all of them are in Spanish and I doubt they've been translated, because they've been published by my university's editorial.
>>
File: 51.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
51.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
jajajajajaj los """""intelectuales historicos"""" jsajajjajajajaaaa
>>
>>1392013
NOOOOOO SEAS MAALO AJSKASJKAJKS
>>
File: HCH23.jpg (99 KB, 544x399) Image search: [Google]
HCH23.jpg
99 KB, 544x399
dale jasjksakjaskjasjksajkajskkajs leanse esos mangas que salen en el mercurio jkjasjksakjsakjaskjjksajkasjkasjkas
>>
After all these years of historical research, I can guarantee there's an awful, dreadful CHICANO smell in here
>>
File: 1466823574205.jpg (57 KB, 959x677) Image search: [Google]
1466823574205.jpg
57 KB, 959x677
After all these years of historical research, I can guarantee there's UNA VELA here
>>
this guy went into /lat/ with """""serious questions about their heritage""""" and got bullied out of it lmao what an oatmeal >>1390101
>>
>>1387966
yokese, no soi 100tifiko xd
>>
>>1387966
1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus
>>
>>1387966

use this

http://universitypublishingonline.org/cambridge/histories/subject_title_list.jsf?seriesCode=CHLA&heading=The+Cambridge+History+of+Latin+America&tSort=title+closed&aSort=author+default_list&ySort=year+default_list
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.