[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why japan is so much more efficient to maintain a civilization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Clipboard01.png (35 KB, 1892x551) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.png
35 KB, 1892x551
why japan is so much more efficient to maintain a civilization in comparison to russia
japan has roughly the same population size as russia but as you know it is fucking tiny and
has absolutely no resources relative to Ivan
>>
> be Russia
> Mongols come and destroy everything
> be Japan
> Mongols destroyed by a random storm
Being located on the fucking Island is easy mode, compared to being bordered by Turkey, Germans, Austrians and god knows who else. Same reason why for England it was so easy to maintain status of the great power.
>>
Russia has been relevant for hundreds of years and was a superpower for almost 50 years. Russia has had to fight for itself and maintain its own security.

Japan has only been relevant since the Meiji Restoration and had an empire for 50 years that was utterly crushed by America. Then, they leeched off of American security and destructive trade policies where American citizens suffered so Japan could become prosperous. So fuck off with your bullshit, Hiroshi.
>>
File: JP_POPDCL0709.jpg (112 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
JP_POPDCL0709.jpg
112 KB, 650x433
> mfw Japanese dying even faster than Russians
>>
>>1387453
When will the Japan is tiny meme die?
>>
File: Illuminator.png (147 KB, 270x435) Image search: [Google]
Illuminator.png
147 KB, 270x435
I bought the game on release. I am still waiting for the random event to trigger so I can finish the third arc. ;_;
>>
>>1387453
most of russia is taiga/tundra
>>
Same reason england was. They were an island and maritime influence begets the rest. Contintentals were spoiled in a sense
>>
Hiro please leave
>>
>>1387577
Japan had practically no maritime influence until like 1900.
>>
>>1387638
How did Japan get into naval stuff at that point? It makes sense for an island nation but they didn't have a strong maritime history like the Brits
>>
>>1387679
Meiji Restoration and copying off British things.
Britain helped them a lot.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.