[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wasn't really possible to send the blacks back to Africa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: subliminalspielperg.jpg (32 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
subliminalspielperg.jpg
32 KB, 1024x576
Wasn't really possible to send the blacks back to Africa at the end of slavery? Did any politician ever considered it as an option?
>>
>Wasn't really possible to send the blacks back to Africa at the end of slavery?
No.

>Did any politician ever considered it as an option?
Yes.

Great thread OP, this was totally worth it.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Liberia
>>
>>1386090
>Wasn't really possible to send the blacks back to Africa at the end of slavery?
If there is a will there is a way, they got them over didn't they?
>>
>>1386304
There was a great economic incentive one way, not so much the way back
>>
>>1386090
Look up liberia you dumb fuck
>>
>>1386311
>There was a great economic incentive one way, not so much the way back
>not so much the way back
>>>>>>>>
>>
>>1386317
That's right, shipping blacks back to Africa would require a large investment with zero return
>>
>>1386328
See it as if an insurance company pays you to cut down a tree that is looking a bit unstable, instead of waiting for it to fall on your garage you cut it down before. That way you might save money in the future.

Racial unrest is crazy atm in the US.
>>
>>1386339
I want you to ask yourself who would front the bill and when they would expect the money back, plus a little for their trouble.
>>
>>1386353
They literally just a civil war, do you think anyone but a select few benefited from that?
>>
>>1386276
I'm not even American and I still know this.
>>
>>1386328
>shipping blacks back to Africa would require a large investment with zero return
Well considering how much they cost for a single year today equates to more than they ever created as slaves, I'd say there's a fairly large return there. They just didn't know it (which is also false because there were many calls to send them back to Africa rather than keeping them on US soil).
>>
>>1388508
You do know if they shipped blacks they'd lose a fuckton of labour with huge losses?
>>
>>1386339

Now cut out the insurance company.

Lots of people probably wouldn't fix the brakes on their fucking car unless they were forced to.

Abstractly going "not blowing your fortune shipping blacks back to Africa might cause some racial tension" isn't going to motivate anyone. SOMEBODY has to pay for it and not many people are going to do repeated Atlantic voyages as some sort of retarded public service. Get your head out of your ass for a second and actually think.
>>
>>1388519
You do know that even with all the dead bodies, there was a massive non-skilled labor surplus in the South which remained until after WWII, right? They wouldn't miss anything if the blacks suddenly up and left.
>>
>>1388536
>>1388519
Also blacks were less than 5% of the population at the end of the civil war, they really weren't worth all that much when it came to labor.
>>
>>1386090
>what is Liberia

Short answer: they did exactly that and it went even more wrong than you'd imagine
>>
>>1388521
>Lots of people probably wouldn't fix the brakes on their fucking car unless they were forced to.
Citation needed.
>>
>>1386090
well, liberia happened
>>
Whats wrong with Liberia?
>>
>>1388519
>fuckton of labour

There were only 5.3 millions people in total in the USA in the year 1800; with the tons of people steadily coming from Europe, sending back 50,000 blacks per year, and blocking the import of more blacks, could have solved the problem by 1820:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_racial_and_ethnic_demographics_of_the_United_States
>>
>>1386573
>Implying that Americans have a good education
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.