[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was the Free city of Danzig not reestablished after WWII?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Why was the Free city of Danzig not reestablished after WWII? Why did Poland get to annex it?
>>
>>1386088
Commies
>>
>>1386088
because as germans were resettled from pomerelia there was no sense in reestablishing it
>>
File: Danzig.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Danzig.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>1386088
Why would the Soviets even consider allowing a "Free State" of anything?
>>
>>1386088
GdaƄsk*
>>
>>1386098
>resettled
Nice wording
>>
>>1386705
German resettlement was the best decision of Stalin.
>>
>>1386727
Probably the best decision of 20th century too.
>>
>>1386088
I have family who ran a business there. They moved to Israel thanks to you know who. Most of the populace were ethnic Germans who were killed/kicked out at the end of WW2.
>>
>>1386735
My grandma has a different opinion :)
>>
>>1386827
Your grandma was a nazi
>>
>>1386838
My grandma was 12 when they were resettled and my great grandfather wasn't a NSDAP member
>>
>>1386843
>my grandma wasn't a nazi
Sounds like something a nazi would say!
>>
>>1386843
at that point your grandma has lived all her life in the 3rd reich being told nazi propaganda and was essentially raised by nazi organisation like the bund deutscher maedchen since she was 6 or so. your grandma might not have chosen to be a nazi, but she sure enough was one.
>>
>>1387105
Slow down, Schlomo.
>>
File: 1441856267390.jpg (7 KB, 192x262) Image search: [Google]
1441856267390.jpg
7 KB, 192x262
The allies wanted war

http://balder.org/judea/Important-Quotations-For-A-Better-Understanding-Of-WWII.php
>>
>>1388873
>Hitler was good boy dindu nuthin
>>
Danzig was a compromise between a polish state that wanted/needed a developed port city and the vast majority of Germans that lived in that port city. Not only was it a clusterfuck, but it was pointless after the deep dicking Germany and Germans got during ww2.
>>
>>1386843
>>1386827
Your grandmother was a subhuman g*rman whore
>>
>>1386088
Because fuck the Krauts.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.