[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have an extreme Bible thread on masturbation? If not,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 24954835.jpg (22 KB, 359x240) Image search: [Google]
24954835.jpg
22 KB, 359x240
Can we have an extreme Bible thread on masturbation? If not, why not?

Masturbation: sounds wacky, is not.
Masturbation: anything that does not lead to offspring

Other important life's matters are welcome too. Being too law law, nothing but the law is not the way.
>>
>Go out of the world:
This position does not mean too little space for normal things of life. Or that are connected to functioning well.

There are no people left to be the world. No one opposes a spiritual house that is correct. Or real right principles of what to do with lust.

>All is sin all is useless:
This is useless in the meaning of sin. Not as Ecclesiastes says.

>Lust is sin:
This is unfundable. There has to be a clear reason why.

>The whole christianity is seeing this wrong:
This is probably true. (...)
Or say or show something why not. That the whole of christianity is seeing this wrong is no reason why it would be right.
>>
"Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in "another" or "better" life."
>Not masturbating right now to enjoy your only life youre getting.
>>
File: 1463011996511.png (186 KB, 463x515) Image search: [Google]
1463011996511.png
186 KB, 463x515
>>1390587
>Masturbation: sounds wacky, is not.
Cute pun
>Masturbation: anything that does not lead to offspring
What? Like homosexuality or heterosexual birth control?

The Bible may mention not giving into lust, but the Bible does not mention masturbation.
Onan's crime (Gen 38) was coitus interuptus.
The emission of semen in Lev 15:16-18 is nocturnal emissions (wet dreams)

It's all about given in to lustful desires, not about a strict prohibition about masturbation.
>>
This is just a collection of fucking spooks.

/thread
>>
>>1390973
>This is just a collection of fucking spooks
What do you mean by spooks?
>>
>>1390964
>What? Like homosexuality or heterosexual birth control?
Yes, this is a part of it. The word ''''homosexuality'''' mentioned in the New Testament refers to something else as current day homosexuality. In any way truth, a right ordinance and the freedom Christ prescribed rules in this. Not a word that can be interpreted in a number of ways.

So to do away with an untruth now: I don't have some special preference. Saying something about this does not draw one in personally. But this is why the real truth would not be able to come out.
>>
silly thread
>>
File: 16340768_s.jpg (106 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
16340768_s.jpg
106 KB, 450x450
>>1391112
No no
>>
Matthew 22
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Damage: that is the only thing here.
Neighbour is understandable. God is abstract as an understanding. How to not-damage God? What has this to do with the subject of this thread? I don't see how there would be any damage.
>>
>>1390977
He thinks this is /lit/ where quoting a philosopher he's never read and doesn't really understand is enough to discredit any opposition.
>>
>>1390587
>Can we have an extreme Bible thread on masturbation?
No, but we can have an extreme masturbation thread if you want
>>
>>1391653
How would you know? I mean this as an actual question.

Even though I do know the Bible, I would not come up with scores of Bible texts to prove it.

To give an example that fits this nicely at the same time.
Romans 14
14B...nothing is unclean in itself...

This is what the Bible says throughout the New Testament. I would mention this text and point to the fact that this is a typical principle from the New Testament.

Or this also Romans 14
19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification...

>22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. >Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves.
This is no longer the case. The subject of this thread is ALWAYS considered a faulty thing.

So the Bible confirms that be it lust be it some other thing. The Bible does not speak against it. There has to be a real understandable reason why the Bible would speak against anything.
>>
>>1391653
How depressed are you anyway?
>>
None of the popular atheists know Scripture well enouh to settle debates; neither do I follow the popular nor do your deluded retarded memes apply to me. My post was antitheist. I somewhat doubt your kind can learn new proper words.
>>
Isn't it dangerous that a lot of people think this is a bad thing?
>>
I mean, can't even accept any normal spiritualities this way.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.