[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doing philosophy is producing philosophical content. Writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: דגכגד.jpg (361 KB, 776x950) Image search: [Google]
דגכגד.jpg
361 KB, 776x950
Doing philosophy is producing philosophical content.
Writing essays, books and so on.
To do it correctly one has to write ellequently and be able to express himself precisely while relying on established philosophic terminology and history.
Philosophers have certain intuitions and ideas about different topics and they explore them and write their ideas or conclusion.
What I want to ask is, can people who are not philosophers and who are not as precise in their wording or as able to put all they think and feel into a proper philosophical structure still intuitivly feel something is problematic?

What do you think is the most bothersome thing about your life or the life of people or society or a certain view of the world? What do you feel is weighing you down about society, about yourself, about your place in the world?
But try to get to the bottom of it. Try to be as specific as possible about what it is that bothers you but only about things you truly feel very strongly about on a personal level.
Try to break it into more fundamental and precise parts.
What is it you feel you cannot explain about the issue or situation, what you cannot relate or cannot find the right word or term for..
>>
File: 1462396473757.jpg (869 KB, 1118x1656) Image search: [Google]
1462396473757.jpg
869 KB, 1118x1656
this is actually a good thread that deserves a response

im only able to contribute that i feel a pretty unpleasant cognitive dissonance as long as im not able to formulate precisely what bothers me about a certain issue

its like feeling dishonest because you are bothered while not even knowing what your exact problem is
>>
File: Words.jpg (36 KB, 259x400) Image search: [Google]
Words.jpg
36 KB, 259x400
>>1384558
>To do it correctly one has to write ellequently and be able to express himself precisely while relying on established philosophic terminology and history.
Read pic related.

Literally impossible to do what you are asking, at least with English. Writing something and expecting to be understood in something such as philsophy is pointless and that book will explain why.

It's also a fun read which touches on a few instances in history which happened a certain way because of the way words are so easily misused and misunderstood.
>>
>>1385907
But this is why I mentioned intuitions.
It is exactly when you are not clear, not specific that intuition comes into play.
When you describe a yearning, a confusion, a desire that is somewhat general and yet and because of that is relevant and inspiring and interesting.
Imagine a person that does not know your language but wants to convey to you the wonderful feeling he gets when looking at the stars at night.
He cannot relate it to you using clear words but through gesticulations, body movement, , and noises you can understand what he refers to and it inspires you to also feel something majestic about the stars as you look at them with him but you do it in your own way and yet you both refer to the same wonder or awe.

In our case, we do speak and understand the same language but we dont necessarily require linguistic complexity when trying to point at something unclear.
Like a demonstration of people calling for change. they dont know the causes of their misery but they can express though their actions and emotions that something particular is bothering them, they jsut dont know EXACTLY how to articulate it in the proper jargon.
>>
I posted this in another thread, but as a student of philosophy that has an incredibly difficult time expressing himself I think this is a very nice thread to make op.

I'd say first the intense feeling of mediocrity underlines my current views on existence. As so much as I can comprehend reality (I guess I just stick to an empirical understanding of a reality of appearance, one I cannot fully understand and have to take in stride, which I guess will come up later.)

So as a being stuck in a reality I cannot fully comprehend, one that's viewed as linear when it is not, one that is clouded by both the failures of my senses and memory I already feel depersonalized to the point of a constant walking dream.

Since reality is shallow to me, I feel an intense need to project onto it. Like making shadow puppets I guess. Literally become the source of light in the cave. Doing this through artistic creation. An affirmation of my being against a unreality of being I find myself stuck in. Purgatory basically.

It's the mediocrity of my being that constrains me (think Rimbaud). My life is dull, comfortable, empty, I cannot create the projections I need to justify my existence and I am bogged down by the extreme banality of a constant refreshing scene. I hate sleep because of this.

I feel that all things are simply projections onto this dream like unreality we all find ourselves in. My existence is propped up by the suffering of others, I am afraid of suicide because of its discomfort and the uncertainty of what comes next.
>>
>>1384558
everyone is fucking stupid and we deserve each other whether we like it or not.

there are no experts, just people who can speak with confidence.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.