[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, i have a theory of modern architecture and why japanese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-07-07-17-05-20.png (475 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-07-17-05-20.png
475 KB, 1080x1920
Hey guys, i have a theory of modern architecture and why japanese architecture fits in so well. Le Corbusier, godfather of modern architecture, got influenced by his traveling to turkey a lot. He saw the houses at bosphorus and got inspired by the idea of horizontality and coloms behind walls.
So my theory, the osmans got there influece from 12-13th century china, the same time as chinese culture arrived in japan. The culture in japan got preserved, so old Japanese houses make a lot of sence in modern architecture. Do you understand what i mean? Is there any prof to my theory?
>>
>>1382826
>Is there any prof to my theory?
Making a theory and then searching for evidence to support it is irrational unless you have an agenda to push. Make your theories based around existing evidence.
>>
>>1384442
conduct research before posting about research methods next time okay pal
>>
Does this not go beyond arts? I think the overall cultural trend is towards minimalism, ever since we rejected the golden mean of hellenism/aristocracy. Minimalism is a way of reintroducing moderation into the dominant populist/democratic zeitgeist, but under the guise of modesty instead of discipline/breeding (which we rejected with the revolution).
>>
>>1384452
>pal
Listen here youngster, your generation knows nothing of the strife it took to establish a solid intellectual dialogue. I will not have you spew gibberish and then beg for others to find specks of dirt so you can build your mud house.

Grab a shovel and dig.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.