[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Historically speaking, what is the ideological basis behind pan-turanist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
Historically speaking, what is the ideological basis behind pan-turanist thought on the european continent?

By studying the ethnogenesis and pantheon/mystic pre-christian folk religion of the magyar people, it should become abundantly clear that said spiritual conceptions are heavily inspired by norse germanic cultural area.

Despite this, the pan-turanist ideologues do these incredible mental gymnastics where they somehow link all of these european archetypes and folklore traditions to some asian steppe tribes in bumfuck nowhere somewhere behind the urals. And all this based on some vague supposed linguistical links between magyars and said asian steppe peoples - Nevermind the fact that genetically speaking they have nothing whatsofuckingever in common!

So why is this, how did these claims came to be in the first place? Pan-turanism strikes me as even more absurd and illogical than pan-slavism. At least with pan-slavism there's somewhat of a consistant geographical link (even though a "slavic race" as such of course never existed), but in the case of pan-turanism we are literally talking entire continents from the postuled "source population" apart.
>>
>>1382286
Pan-anything is a fucking meme, mostly used as a basis for imperialism.
>>
>>1382306
>>1382306
Yes but why would hungarians want to imperialize some godforsaken steppe place in the urals thousands of kilometres away? That's what i really don't get at all when it comes to pan-turanism
>>
>>1382313
because "make WEWUZ great again"

linguistic connection between hungarian and turkic languages is indisputable
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.