[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about the execution of the Romanov family /his/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: Tsar-Romanov-307819.jpg (82 KB, 590x525) Image search: [Google]
Tsar-Romanov-307819.jpg
82 KB, 590x525
How do you feel about the execution of the Romanov family /his/?
>>
Shit happens. I don't have any strong feelings either way.

I feel a little bad for the Tsarevich.
>>
>>1381596
It was needlessly brutal and did not serve much purpose other then the satisfaction of psychpaths
>>
>>1381603
Firing squad is probably the least brutal way to carry out a mass execution.
>>
>>1381610
Murder is still murder. The fact that even the children were not spared and were shot is unsettling. Also if I recall correctly the family was told that they were going to pose for a photo before they were killed.
>>
>>1381596
I want a guro doujin about bolsheviks raping the mutilated corpses of the Romanov daughters (and son) shortly after executing them.
>>
>>1381596
Just a continuation of the brutality and incompetance that defined his regime and those that were to follow.
>>
>>1381635
Russians can't do any form of government right, jesus, it always turns into a horrible nightmare. What is wrong with those 'people'?
>>
>>1381596
barbaric event that really highlights the kind of people that would fall for the communism meme
>>
>>1381596
Only slightly more competent that Rasputin's assassination.
>>
File: bolshevist putsch.jpg (200 KB, 924x670) Image search: [Google]
bolshevist putsch.jpg
200 KB, 924x670
The fact that you never hear about this atrocity (the romanovs were german btw) or the other tens of millions of people murdered by bolshevism tells you that it's those same bolshevists from back then owning the media today
>>
Nicky totally deserved it, killing relative was kinda a dick move.
>>
>>1383014
> you never hear about this atrocity
In Russia everyone knows that, beyond Russia who even cares enough?
>>
>>1381596
Annoying meme that /his/ never shuts up about.

I don't like the Bolsheviks at all but anybody who says it wasn't necessary for their cause isn't thinking. The Romanov's were the heart of the old regime and as long as they lived the regime stood a solid chance of being revived more or less as it was.

>>1381619
>the fact that even the children were not spared and were shot is unsettling
The romanov government killed a shitload of people to maintain power and throughout the civil war the Reds and the Whites abused the shit out of Russia's innocent civilian population. Nothing exceptionally cruel happened to the Romanov's considering the time and place.

>>1381635
>>1381644
These two get it. Russia's big, cold and miserable so everyone there is a lazy and bitter asshole. Every now and then you get a Russian who either isn't lazy or isn't an asshole. The ones who aren't assholes are just more pleasant, but the ones who aren't lazy decide that since the world shit on them by making them Russian they'll shit on the world, so they asshole their way to a position of power and start shitting on everyone below them. I challenge you to point out a Russian with authority who isn't a corrupt asshole.

>>1383014
'Anastasia' is a movie that exists and was marketed to children. What do you want? A movie every other year?
>>
>>1381610
Have you ever read a description of how the execution went down? It wasn't exactly clean, and involved quite a bit of bayoneting. I'd describe it as pretty brutal.
>>
the tsars had to be done away with, if they lived they would be a rallying point for the whites and puppets of the foreign powers trying to sabotage russia

there was no nice way to solve the problem of the tsars, revolutions are by nature bloody, and its important to reember that the children werent children....they were royals and tools of polotics destined for political mariges to secure relations with other nations they were symbols by birth with little hope of any other life if living these cute kids could have been siezed upon by russias enemies and groomed as the ligitimate sovreign of russia
>>
>>1383065
Aren't you just the edgiest of edge lords.
>>
It's hilarious how alt-rightists are willing to write off all kinds of murder and atrocity as 'muh rule of law' or 'shit happens quit being triggered SJW' until something happens to their precious white royals and suddenly they're bleeding heart pacifists
>>
>>1381596
>Having feelings for historical events
How old are you? 16?
>>
File: images-4.jpg (5 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
5 KB, 226x223
>>1383246
>>
>>1381596
It's the fact the entire family was executed really gets to me. If it was just Nicholas, that would've been typical and expected in these kinds of situations. But the entire family, even the children, takes it farther.
>>
>>1381610
>Firing squad is probably the least brutal way to carry out a mass execution.

That's if everyone gets shot in the head immediately. The execution of the Romanovs was completely botched and involved needless pain and horror. It took over 20 minutes for them to die, when it should have taken seconds. Ironically, the horror and needless pain was inflicted on the daughters, wife, teenage son, and servants--not the tsar, who died immediately because everyone aimed at him instead of their designated targets.

Netrebin's account:

>The family of Citizen Romanov went into the room and arranged itself across the wall then we entered. Nicholas stood in front of Alexei. As I looked over my comrades' shoulders, I saw Alexei, sickly looking and waxy, watching with wide, curious eyes as he followed our movements. I suddenly thought how very short his sad life had been, and I silently prayed we would all be good shots.

>The shooting was complete chaos. Vyrubova [sic] tried to protect herself with the pillows. After the first shots, I saw Alexei frozen in his chair, and his ashen face was covered with his father's blood as he sat there, unmoving in terror. One of the younger daughters died when she was shot in the back. Comrade Ermakov finished off a daughter by stabbing her in the chest over and over, and I remember Comrade Yurovsky shooting Tatiana in front of me; her head seemed to explode in a shower of blood and brains. The scene was sickening: the room was chaos, with blood and body fluids and brains all over the floor, and several comrades got sick at the sight.
>>
>>1383260
Yurovksy's account:

I said to Nicholas approximately this: His royal and close relatives inside the country and abroad were trying to save him, but the Soviet of Workers' Deputies resolved to shoot them. He asked "What?" and turned toward Alexei. At that moment I shot him and killed him outright. He did not get time to face us to get an answer. At that moment disorganized, not orderly firing began. The room was small, but everybody could come in and carry out the shooting according to the set order. But many shot through the doorway. Bullets began to ricochet because the wall was brick. Moreover, the firing intensified when the victims shouts arose. I managed to stop the firing but with great difficulty.

A bullet, fired by somebody in the back, hummed near my head and grazed either the palm or finger (I do not remember) of somebody. When the firing stopped, it turned out that the daughters, Alexandra Feodrovna and, it seems, Demidova and Alexei too, were alive. I think they had fallen from fear or maybe intentionally, and so they were alive. Then we proceeded to finish the shooting. (Previously I had suggested shooting at the heart to avoid a lot of blood). Alexei remained sitting petrified. I killed him. They shot the daughters but did not kill them. Then Yermakov resorted to a bayonet, but that did not work either. Finally they killed them by shooting them in the head. Only in the forest did I finally discover the reason why it had been so hard to kill the daughters and Alexandra Feodrovna.
>>
>>1383065
>I challenge you to point out a Russian with authority who isn't a corrupt asshole.
>>
>>1383261
And from a non-fiction book, but the information is from an account by one of the men who wrote about what they did with the bodies:

>But Anastasia was still alive, and Marie, too, for as their bodies were carried to a Fiat truck that stood waiting int he courtyard, first one, then the other, suddenly sat up, coughing blood, moaning, screaming. They were outside now, and the men couldn't shoot them; the bayonets came out, slashing through the air, but the knives struck the hidden jewels. And so someone grabbed a rifle, turned it around, and hammered away at the barely conscious faces, driving a the wooden stock down again and again and again. Battered into silence, choking on splintered bone and shattered teeth, drowning in her own blood--this is how Anastasia died.
>>
>>1383259
Except it makes sense: it is not just any family but it's a monarchical dynasty. Every single one of them that survives becomes a political rallying point.
>>
>>1383260
>>1383261
>>1383270
They sure fucked that one up. What is it about Leftists being so clumsy and incompetent? This makes the murder of Rasputin look like a highly professional silent assassination.
>>
>>1383274
I'm aware. But Jesus, only in Russia would you hear of this shit happening.
>>
File: bigsmile.jpg (19 KB, 319x240) Image search: [Google]
bigsmile.jpg
19 KB, 319x240
>>1383269
> Gorbachev
> authority
> russian
>>
>>1383274
>Every single one of them that survives becomes a political rallying point.

Romanov family members did survive. They didn't become political rallying points.

The daughters and wife would not have become political rallying points of any serious degree because they had zero political power or political respect in Russia. And in order to attempt to put the Romanovs back on the throne, any foreign army or pro-monarchy army (which didn't exist in Russia, so it likely would have had to come from outside Russia anyway) would have needed to have an absolute clincher of a banner: in other words, a male heir, not a female who would have never been viewed as the proper ruler of Russia.
>>
>>1383283
>I'm aware. But Jesus, only in Russia would you hear of this shit happening.

To be fair, during the French Revolution, the following happened with government approval:

-Executed Marie Antoinette (politically powerless wife)
-Executed Elisabeth (Louis XVI's sister, no political power)
-Abused a 10 year old boy to death through neglect after violently separating him from his family, forcing him to become drunk and sing songs about how his mother is a whore and his father deserved to die, and forcing him to accuse his mother and aunt of sexual abuse (heir to the throne/presumptive king, but jesus)

And that's to say nothing of the non-officially sanctioned violence (September Massacres, etc)
>>
>>1381597
Eh he was a haemophiliac would have died any way and probably in a worse manner
>>
>>1383269
Putin too tbqh.
>>
>>1383276
No it is more people acting on their own initiative when they think the romanovs might escape.
>>
File: whoa_transparent.png (90 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
whoa_transparent.png
90 KB, 2048x2048
>>1383307
>Abused a 10 year old boy to death through neglect after violently separating him from his family, forcing him to become drunk and sing songs about how his mother is a whore and his father deserved to die, and forcing him to accuse his mother and aunt of sexual abuse
Ow-ow-ow-ouch.... That. Is. Fucked.
>>
>>1383065
>there are times and places where killing children were not considered exceptionally cruel

this is basically the only sentence you need to know about human history
>>
>>1383274
there is nothing about killing children that will ever make sense.
>>
File: Pelmenflower.jpg (34 KB, 401x500) Image search: [Google]
Pelmenflower.jpg
34 KB, 401x500
>>1383318
> Putin
> aren't corrupt asshole
Russia Today, please
>>
>>1383377
>Asshole
Yeah
>Corrupt
I dunno, probably not
>>
File: Nicolau_e_Jorge.jpg (650 KB, 1908x2656) Image search: [Google]
Nicolau_e_Jorge.jpg
650 KB, 1908x2656
>>1381596
That his cousin is an asshole
>>
>>1383382
> probably not
He was corrupt in his early days of being nobody. Probably still corrupted now. Just like not golden statues of himself levels of corrupt.
>>
>>1383420
He climbed the scale of corruption by playing the system and then tore down huge chunks of corruption across the country once he was on top. Can't blame him for that.
>>
>>1383318
>Putin
>not corrupt
You have to be fucking deluded to think that.
>>
>>1383503
Explain it.
>>
>>1383065
There is still an heir to the romanov throne alive... he's a duke or something in england...
>>
>>1383521
Russian political system is deeply corrupted, as if you doesn't know that simple truth.
>>
>>1383651
Wow! He should just wait for a moment and press these sweet claims.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.