[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
White Gods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 935x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 935x570
Did Native Americans really believe Whitey were gods or is just Eurocentristic bullshit?
>I tell you Cortes, We wuz gods and shit
>>
File: Atlantis_map_1882.jpg (52 KB, 595x330) Image search: [Google]
Atlantis_map_1882.jpg
52 KB, 595x330
The spiritual Tradition and High culture of the Mesoamerican people were founded by Phoenician colonizers and scholars who claimed to be High Priests, Philospher Kings and divine Scions of Atlantis.
>>
>>1381225
Tenochtitlan is a display of this Atlantean style theology as a basis for Aztec cultural expression and state craft.
>>
I'm not an expert, but since they had horses, guns, ships, and shining armor, it would make sense to see them that way, from a Mesoamerican perspective.
>>
Yeah the Aztecs probably did initially and treated them as such until those smelly spaniards opened their mouths and started lisping funny sounding spanish words that they couldn't understand.
>>
File: 1-Prince Phillip Movement.jpg (66 KB, 579x391) Image search: [Google]
1-Prince Phillip Movement.jpg
66 KB, 579x391
Cargo Cults like the Prince Philip Movement seem to really buy it.
>>
File: Cargo-Cult.jpg (51 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
Cargo-Cult.jpg
51 KB, 600x448
>>1381339
But damn do they try their hardest to please us. Nobody has ever made me an airplane in hopes that I'll just send them random shit
>>
>>1381202
The Aztec emperor Moctezuma II probably believed it. Some of his citizens did, but by the Sad Night they had realized that the Spanish weren't gods, because the gods wanted feathers, not gold.

Most other Native Americans didn't believe it. It's possible that some minor tribes did at first, but the Aztecs only believed it because they had a legend saying a blonde-haired, blue-eyed god would return in 1 reed, or 1519 AD

Keep in mind that by 1600 most tribes had heard rumors of whitey. The Incans seem to have been prepared as early as the 1530s
>>
>>1381339
>>1381351
do they ever actually get anything?
>>
>>1381837

AIDS
>>
>>1381837
>Cargo Cults
>broken hopes and dreams
>>
>>1381248
Disregard this I suck cocks
>>
>>1381843
are you 12?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.