[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name of this sort of helmet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 1024x768
Guts' Golden Age helmet. I'm curious on what it's based on as well.

[spoiler] Stealth armour thread? [/spoiler]
>>
>>1379232
I hope you don't mind getting stabbed in the face.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 200x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 200x243
>>1379288
He only did lose an eye when he wasn't wearing it.
>>
It's a galea with a visor. It was probably made up.
>>
It always bothered me that the status of the band of the hawk constantly went up but their armor never improved.
>>
File: helmet.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
helmet.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>1379288
There were plenty of helmets with even less face protection in real life
>>
>>1379288
>I don't know how helmets work
Open faced helmets actually survived long past full helmets, bruh. There was always a balance between visibility and protection of the face, and generally speaking being able to see where you're going took priority. The only thing that really worries me about that helmet is how the teeth are unprotected.
>>
File: image.png (149 KB, 324x385) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149 KB, 324x385
Apparently sallets got replaced by Burgonets. How come?

>>1379371
Ah thanks anon.
Always wondered, is there a naming difference/term to the pull down visors which cover the entire face and ones which only go up to half(like nose area)?
>>
>>1379232
>""""""""""""""""""""""Stealth armour"""""""""""""""""""""""""

Kill yourself, my man
>>
>>1379232
What the fuck is stealth armour?

armor with soot on it?
>>
>>1379555
>>1379571
I think he means stealth armor thread as in unofficial armor thread not a thread about literal armor used for stealth.
>>
>>1379589
well mabey he should have said that instead of looking like a retard
>>
>>1379595
The only retard is you. Everyone else understood.
>>
File: 1004627.jpg (54 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1004627.jpg
54 KB, 960x720
Looks like the same design philosophy as a lobstertail
>>
>>1379541
Renaissance boner for ancient shit and they're great helmets, look cool too desu
>>
>>1379288
If you're a shitty enough fighter to let the enemy get close enough to stab you in the face, no amount of armor would've saved you.
>>
File: HAI YAAAAI.jpg (94 KB, 700x379) Image search: [Google]
HAI YAAAAI.jpg
94 KB, 700x379
>>1379232
>a Berserk thread on /his/
Am I in heaven?
>>
>>1379447
>how the teeth are unprotected.
How are you meant to bite?
>>
>>1385200
There was a thread on here too when they got off the boat I think. I guess it shouldn't be surprising that there's a heafty overlap between anime fans and people who go on 4chan
>>
>>1379595
>oh no, im a massive faggot
>better call him a retard to save face

kill yourself senpai
>>
File: otm.jpg (19 KB, 236x347) Image search: [Google]
otm.jpg
19 KB, 236x347
roman ear hole >>1379418 + lobster pot >>1381885

there were all manners of different faceguards in the medieval era, from masks like those found at sutton hoo to things like this, it is not unrealistic
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.