[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he a meme general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: Zhukov-LIFE-1944-1945.jpg (23 KB, 230x318) Image search: [Google]
Zhukov-LIFE-1944-1945.jpg
23 KB, 230x318
Was he a meme general?
>>
>>1378854
Was _____ a meme _____?

History & Humanities
>>
>>1378854
He was no meme, but he was dank.
Life gave him a hammer, and he hit those nails good.
I am sure that if he were given a scalpel, he'd perform fine sugary.
>>
Yes, very much so
>>
MEME MEMEMEMEME MAYMAUMAYMAYMAU MEMEMEM
MEME MEMEM MEMEM MEMEMEMEMEMEM MEME MEMEAMEME
4chan needs to die.
>>
I don't think he was an "Any unit of cultural information, such as a practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another in a comparable way to the transmission of genes" general.
>>
File: get meme'd.jpg (338 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
get meme'd.jpg
338 KB, 1000x1000
>>1379323
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 600x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 600x442
>>1378854
I'm going to say yes because he has way too many medals that he didn't earn. That goes fretted much every other Russian general at that time. The entire Russian command was a meme.
>>
All great generals are either memefied or forgotten.
The question is, is he more memefied than Axis and Allied dittos?
>>
> BTFO Japanese, then Germans
dunno you tell me
>>
>>1378964
>I am sure that if he were given a scalpel, he'd perform fine sugary.
>fine sugary
>>
>>1381252
that was the US
>>
Zhukov can't be a meme because he was a practical general while having a peculiarly keen grasp on German strategy. Vasilevsky is also criminally underrated by the West.

Compare this to Patton, who had little substance aside from his public image, and you'll see what a real meme general is. Bradley and Eisenhower were great, Patton wasn't. He just fit an American trope of compensating badassery that has little use on a modern battlefield.
>>
Does Deep Battle > Blitzkrieg?
>>
File: MacArthur_Manila.jpg (27 KB, 240x404) Image search: [Google]
MacArthur_Manila.jpg
27 KB, 240x404
>>1378854
Nope.

This one though, most definitely was.
>>
File: wut.jpg (12 KB, 259x365) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
12 KB, 259x365
>>1383021
He was the reason Tojo stayed the fuck out of Russia, and it's because of him that the Germans on the eastern front were basically annihilated after Kursk.
America loves complaining about the panther and the tiger, but forget that most of Germany's best equipment and troops were sent to Russia. Most of the divisions we faced in the west were sent from the east to recover and re arm from the shit being kicked out of em in the east
>>
>>1383181
which one won the war?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.