[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the abos had domesticated the megalania instead of making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 18
File: Megalania_Girl_130056.jpg (67 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
Megalania_Girl_130056.jpg
67 KB, 700x500
If the abos had domesticated the megalania instead of making it extinct, could this have turned the tide against European colonization?

Discuss.
>>
>>1376407
Have you have a conversation with an abo?
>>
>>1376407
>>1376410
Sorry, I meant have you ever had a conversation with an abo?
>>
>>1376410
>>1376411

Aussie here, answer the question, cunt. Gimmie 2 dollors for some fucking cigarettes you racist white boy.
>>
>>1376407
You can't domesticate reptiles.
>>
>>1376434
R uh Retard3d?
>>
>>1376407
>abos greatest accomplishment
>>
>>1376407
>domesticated the megalania
>domesticate giant reptile
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
File: saltwater croc.jpg (81 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
saltwater croc.jpg
81 KB, 640x427
>>1376407
>>1376445
They still could had domesticated these guys, right?
>>
>>1376417
fuck up cunt
>>
>>1376617
I don't see why in theory a reptile couldn't be domesticated, but probably not the ones around then or now. Mammals were bigger and more numerous, and most reptiles are either too small or dangerous to even want to try. They also don't have the proper social structure. You don't control a "herd" of crocodiles when you break the biggest one.
>>
>>1376617
You understand reptiles are a diverse species right? Which have been extensivly domesticated, see snakes.
>>
>>1376688
>snakes are domesticated
>>
>>1376661
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOmjnioNulo
Not sure if it would be impossible to domesticate non mammals, but a reason exist why the animals that are domesticated were.
>>
>>1376688
>You understand reptiles are a diverse species right? Which have been extensivly domesticated, see snakes.

>u wot m9
>>
>>1376774
Not sure why i put non mammals, what i meant was
>Not sure if it would be possible to domesticate reptiles, but a reason exists why the animals that are domesticated were domesticated and not others.
>>
>>1376688
Oh fuck totally
That's why Anzac use to ride salt water crocodiles as Calvary.
Or would use venomous snakes to put on venom on their bullets and kill Nazis.
It's common knowledge that in the Pacific the Australians used tamed snakes to ambush Japanese forces.
>>
>>1376407
How do you domesticate a 10 foot long lizard
>>
>>1376826
Very carefully
>>
>>1376807
Are you seriosuly trying to imply domestication is tantamount to riding said animal? Go look at the definition of domestication and tell me we havent domesticated reptiles.
>>
>>1376876
Yeah we haven't, we've domesticated like 9 animals total.
>>
File: domestication.png (38 KB, 735x479) Image search: [Google]
domestication.png
38 KB, 735x479
>>1376882
You're a fucking retard.

No one has said we have domesticated them to the level of dogs/cats. To say they haven't been domesticated is sever ignorance. Should look at that, bro.
>>
>>1376895
To add to your utter mental retardation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_domesticated_animals

A lot more than 9 animals domesticated. Educate yourself you fucking idiot.
>>
>>1376895
>>1376897
And not one reptile. Reptiles can't be domesticated. They can be tamed, sure. But not domesticated.
>>
>>1376661
The theory currently is that certain animals are extremely social and came to humans rather than humans making an effort to domesticate unwilling animals.
As for doing exactly that, see the Russian Fox project which has done jack despite literal decades of breeding.
>>
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 206x245) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 206x245
>>1378543
The honorouble Abos had shit loads of time, it should be possible to breed for submissive traits just like the silver fox.

But okay what about the noble steed in pic related. It is a mammal, the short-faced kangaroo. Wouldn't this bring prosperity and strenght to the noble Abo?

(If they did not make it extinct but domesticated it)

Also what if the Abos learned how to use the feral camels effectively? Or did the camels in Aussie land go feral too late?
>>
Weren't there humans in Australia before the abos?
>>
>>1378564
https://youtu.be/wOmjnioNulo
>>
Abos did domesticate dogs I believe
>>
>>1378709
Yep. The dog which also went feral and is known as the dingo. So note the dog came with them.
>>
>>1376407
>>1378564
i think you underastimate how easy it is to domesticate a animal, especially a large carnivorous animal

>The honorouble Abos had shit loads of time

they still hade marginally less time then europeans and middle easterns
>>
>>1376661
removing poison glands and putting it in a glass box for safe keeping is not domesticating
>>
>>1378564
There needs to be some potential for the animals in question. Of the animals we have thoroughly domesticated they've pretty much all been heavily social creatures with a hierarchy system that we can exploit.

Snakes are totally cold blooded and solitary predators. I'm not saying that it's impossible but God knows how many generations it would take to breed some social instincts in those creatures.
>>
File: Laughing Byzantine.gif (2 MB, 400x206) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Byzantine.gif
2 MB, 400x206
>>1376407
The Abo's are too worthless and stupid to achieve anything of significance. They might as well be treated as sub human.
>>
>>1379168
Their way of life worked fine.

It is possible that their reliance on fire and hunting hurt them in the end (if agriculture could've been possible). But how could they know?
>>
>>1379240
You're right anon, they were too fucking stupid to know that burning down countless acres of forests was bad
>>
>>1379261
Ok I can agree with that. Still the Middle East and the area around the Sahara used to be much greener too, until bad policies lead to desertification.

I think most humans lack foresight.
>>
>>1379261
>>1379273
Easter Island had the same thing happen. The people burnt down the forest so they would have more farmland.

Except that the Rapa Nui, Polynesian savages, ended up developing pretty amazing feats of landscape engineering in order to survive.

Which confuses me. They accomplished more than any other Polynesians I know about, more than any Africans outside of Nubia/East Africa, and more than Abos, and more than most North American natives.

BUT HOW
>>
>>1378553
The Russian fox project was a success. Curly ears and all.
>>
>>1378543
Crocodiles are literally on that list. You do not understand what it means to domesticate an animal. There are also a few snakes on the list under it's suborder Serpentes.

Are you actually retarded?
>we havent domesticated repltiles even though we have becasue you cannot ride reptiles like you can ride horses

People have pet crocodiles. They have been domesticated, by definition.
>>
>>1380598
Crocs have never been domesticated they have been tamed dumbass.
>>
>>1380598

tamed =/= domesticated
>>
File: head9a.jpg (170 KB, 691x329) Image search: [Google]
head9a.jpg
170 KB, 691x329
>>1380604
It's not like by literal definition it proves we have domesticated Crocs.

>Domestication is the process of adapting wild plants and animals for human use. Domestic species are raised for food, work, clothing, medicine, and many other uses. Domesticated plants and animals must be raised and cared for by humans. Domesticated species are not wild. Plant Domestication.

>food
>work
>clothing
>many other uses
Check, check, check, check. Maybe you should learn what it means to domesticate an animal, before posting.

>third generation crocs bred in captivity are wild
Are you actually retarded? Look at that picture of a very wild and not at all domesticated Croc.
>>
>>1379720

genetics
>>
>>1380609
See >>1380625

No where but ignorant retards like yourself has anyone said it was.
>>
It's a question of efficiency.

Megafauna are huge and eat a lot of food. You will not be able to domesticate these animals for several animal generations, and you must continue feeding them for nothing until you can maybe get one of them to carry your shit for you.

All animal species can be bred selectively in isolation, but it not even close to worth it for a great many of them.
>>
>>1380628
Like I said, the Rapa Nui are polynesians. So what genetic factor makes them so much smarter than other polynesians?

I mean, they're not geniuses or anything, but compared to other polynesians or abos the things they invented are comparable to landing on the damn moon.

Ofc I don't think Abos are modern humans, so genetics could explain why they're so much more capable than abos. But what about other polynesians?
>>
>>1380604
>>1380609
Please respond.
>>
>>1376417
Go sleep in the road, throwback.
>>
>>1379168
They were more intelligent in outdoor survival than most Europeans
>>
>>1380646

So what genetic factor makes them so much smarter than other polynesians?

idk

I'd imagine it's like the small differences between European sub-races that when scaled up turn out to be significant.
>>
>>1380699
Except there is nothing to indicate differences between European sub-races regarding intelligence.
>>
>>1380680
No they werent because you see you fucking retard EVERY SINGLE HUMAN RACE HAS ONCE HAD TO LIVE IN THE WILDERNESS before.
>>
>>1380672
True story:

Friends step-dad passed out on the road on his 18th birthday, I think his friends just ditched him.

Got run over and is now permanent paraplegic in a wheelchair. He is probably THE nicest person I have ever met.

Sleeping on the road is no joke.
>>
>>1380750
He is regarded anyways.
Great Lakes natives also lived outdoors and most did not build permanent settlements, but they were many times more advanced than abos.

Abos are the bottom of the barrel. Maybe some African tribes were equally primitive when contacted? No structures, no tools?
>>
>>1380777
You understand Aboriginals for over 40 thousand years were able to live in perfect harmony with the land. There is literally no reason to advance your technology when everything you need is readily available at all times.
>>
>>1380795
>perfect harmony
>burn down entire forests

Sure thing!

And 'we have no need to evolve technologically' is a pretty poor excuse.

Did they also have no reason to create artwork? And I don't mean spitting dye over your hand, either.

Abos are simply the least accomplished and intelligence people on Earth.
>>
>>1380811
>Did they also have no reason to create artwork? And I don't mean spitting dye over your hand, either.
>their art is shit because I don't luike it!
That's not how it works. Their art was extensive although unfortunatly lost as it was oral tradition (dream time stories).

>Abos are simply the least accomplished and intelligence people on Earth.
You are a racist. Of course this is true when you compare to modern peoples. It's literally got nothing to do with anything though, rememeber only 300 years ago they were all still living their tribal life. Which they have lived, for many thousands of years.

>And 'we have no need to evolve technologically' is a pretty poor excuse.
It's literally true. Agriculture are among the very first inventions of human kind. If you don't need agriculture, aboriginals did not, why the fuck do you advance technology?
>>
>>1376617
they're too wide and flat. you'd have to ride them on your knees, and it'd hurt too much
>>
Usually, for tribal like people, the amount of resources around you dictate whether you advance tech or not. The more resources the less need for innovation. Its why Africa is a shithole despite being plentiful as fuck
>>
>>1376410

Irony beyond words.

You should go back to pol.
>>
>>1379240
Read your post again, hombre
>Their way of life worked fine.
>It is possible that their reliance on fire and hunting hurt them in the end
That is most certainly not fucking fine m80
>>
>>1376417
Fuck you you fucking Bogan
>>
even if somehow they were capable of domesticating a solitary predator larger and more powerful than a human and somehow managed to find a way to actually train said solitary predator into a war animal they'd still be virtually useless due to the massive food requirements which would severely limit the development of communities with populations of the megalania
its essentially all the problems of taming a predator, combined with all the problems of taming a reptile combined with all the problems of elephants just to get an animal that is decidedly worse at warfare than an elephant and all of this in a society which didn't even have 1/100th the resources of societies that actually did manage to field sizeable numbers of war elephants
>>
>>1380822

holy shit, /his/ is a bunch of libcucks. They literally eat their first-born. Now they just drink petrol and sleep in the road. They didn't advance like other humans.You would have to be a revisionist to believe that abos had a meaningful culture or any technological advancement besides whatever burned down their forests faster.
>>
>>1381115
>.You would have to be a revisionist to believe that abos had a meaningful culture or any technological advancement besides whatever burned down their forests faster.

2/10, try harder next time.
>>
More like if the megalania had domesticated the Abbos
>>
>>1381123

Ok, enlighten me. Let's see some prime abo culture by the time anglos got there. Remember, anglos had boats, otherwise they wouldn't be there. Lets see some abo culture and innovation that tops a nicely decorated boat.
>>
>>1381138
Your argument is literally, I do not like it therefore it was shit.

How about you form a proper argument not based on your subjectivity?

>the oldest civilisation in history staying the essentially the same state for it's existence isterrible
You understand just how wrong that is right?

You also understand your metric for judging what is 'good' is utterly retarded.

http://aboriginalart.com.au/culture/dreamtime2.html
>>
>>1381155

I would say, advancement in cultural sophistication and in technology show an advancement in people. That's fine. I'm sure their oral stories were on the level of shakespeare. I hope you are baiting. I'll be leaving.
>>
>>1381155
Abos were stagnant for thousands of years and if we look at IQ tests they score on average 90.
The Australian government had to forcibly take them into government housing because they were living in inhumane conditions.

Life ain't fair, someone had to draw the short stick and Abos did. Their culture and way of life was completely inferior to every other culture we've ever seen. Living the same way we did 40,000 years ago is not an accomplishment. It's a failure to innovate. Living to 32 is not something to be proud of.

I'm not that guy but you'd have to be delusional to think abo culture is worth anything. Nothing has inherent value. Value is derived out of utility or pleasure. Abo culture produced no utility, and the digery doo is their only pleasure.
>>
>>1381138
Some of them farmed eels.

http://austhrutime.com/eel_harvesting.htm
>>
>>1381187
>show an advancement in people
And this matters how? No one has said that they are the most advanced peoples on the planet, actually the opposite.

Somehow saying thweir culture and peoples are 'trash' becasue they stayed the same is bad is quite frankly, literally, retarded.

>>1381198
>Living the same way we did 40,000 years ago is not an accomplishment. It's a failure to innovate.
What are you even saying. How does it matter. When in both 40,000 years both species still are alive, one species has the iPod and the other does not. This is no metric on judging wheater or not a peoples is 'good' or 'bad'. You are retarded as well.

> Nothing has inherent value. Value is derived out of utility or pleasure. Abo culture produced no utility, and the digery doo is their only pleasure.
Hahahahaha wow. This is literally the point of Aboriginal culture, how are you so retarded? They live a country where everything was so readily available there was no need for anything except perfection of their hunting methods, which is what happened. Are you also aware just how easy it is to hunt kangaroo? You can literally walk right up to and throw rocks at it. There are millions of kangaroo's around the joint.
>ib4 nuh-huh
>inb4 muh noble savages
It's factual evidence that cannot be refuted. One of the first things that link says exactly that.
>'The land is our food, our culture, our spirit and identity'

You are saying the same things over and over and over and over again, how about you innovate a new argument? Literally everything you have said has been shut down and you judge your metric of good on technology, when their are many number of speices out there that have existed longer than we have without technology.

Just stop, you don't like Aboriginals, that's fine. That's a simple subjective opinion though and almost everything you have said has been factually wrong, or unable to be proven.

Let's just agree to disagree. At least I can say I am not ignorant though.
>>
>>1381155
I am pretty sure dream stories and dream time are just dehydration-induced hallucinations.

Thats why they like sleeping in the road. It is hot.
>>
>>1381272
>Somehow saying thweir culture and peoples are 'trash' becasue they stayed the same is bad is quite frankly, literally, retarded.

No. They are retarded. The phenomenon they represent is fascinating, though. Humans are evidently hardwired to innovate. That is why we see it in literally all cultures. A few uncontacted tribes are primitive as fuck, but they still show more advancement than Abos.

Abos got to australia. How? They floating on rot wood? Everywhere we look we see cultures that evolved, and advanced. The more isolated, the less they did so generally. But Abos never moved forwards.

Did they even know how to swim when they were discovered?
>>
>>1381470
How much do you weigh?
>>
>>1381485
Before or after I dump a load in your mother?
>>
>>1381485
What relevance does that question have
>>
>>1376445

Gators have been domesticated for meat, eggs, and leather. It's just basically impossible to train them for domestic work. Also dangerous.

They also eat meat, which means they compete with humans and dogs for meat. Cattle on the other hand eat grass which humans cannot eat, and therefore they are easy to domesticate since you lose nothing of value in the process.
>>
>>1381490
The exact same amount of relevance as everything he said.

>>1381489
>Before or after I dump a load in your mother?
Fat people dodge the question.
>>
>>1381187
>I would say, advancement in cultural sophistication and in technology show an advancement in people.
What is and what is not "advancement" is 100% subjective. Your arguments are based on opinions.
>>
>>1381470
>
No. They are retarded. The phenomenon they represent is fascinating, though. Humans are evidently hardwired to innovate. That is why we see it in literally all cultures. A few uncontacted tribes are primitive as fuck, but they still show more advancement than Abos.
There is no evidence that the Sentilese even use fire, making them by your standards less "advanced" than abos, defeating your own argument. That's pretending that "advancement" isn't entirely subjective anyway.

Your entire argument is literally "I don't like them so they're stupid"
>>
File: 1429597436546.png (256 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1429597436546.png
256 KB, 500x364
>>1381530
I think his argument is that abos are by all measurable scientific methods borderline mentally retarded.
Now you can accept that people smarter than us think this is true or continue to think with emotion and find an excuse for why abos aren't actually dumber than average because "insert excuse here."
>>
>>1376407
To answer your question, if they did, perhaps it would be possible, but mega fauna died out for a reason, they were probably untamable, and nothing would be stopping the bits from getting super reptile elephants as well
>>
>>1381155
>>
>>1381198
Your an idiot. It's 2016 and I am still dumbstruck by the hate towards aboriginal people. Maybe if you white racist dogs took time out to understand my culture history and way of life you might learn something useful. We had art work, we didn't burn bush land for the fun of it. The IQ comment is unbelievable to say the least. Have you heard of David unaipon? The inventor of the shearing machine a centrifugal motor? And writer? He was also an aboriginal. We are not all petrol sniffing dole bludging drunks.
>>
File: 1386066133900.gif (884 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1386066133900.gif
884 KB, 320x180
>domesticating reptiles

hmmm
>>
>>1381949
>implying modern white people dont do similar stuff
>>
>>1381198
Sounds like you need to open your mind to perspective mannn.
>>
>>1382361
>implying it's accepted and even encouraged
Show me the village in Latvia where the split the boy's penis and have other men fuck it.
>>
>>1381451
Chemical induced hallucinations maybe. But that's more like inspiration isn't it?

This is somewhat related, but Abos had some sick history regarding the Australian alps. But so do Europeans. That whole region is sick as a nut.
>>
>>1379261
Yeah and Western civilization is too stupid to prevent climate change.
>>
>>1382373
>implying it's accepted and even encouraged

no but its usually practiced by the rich and powerfull, the people who are in charge of our society
just because its not in the open dosent mean that is not as depraved, mabey even more so since it is coveted by the same people who govern us
>>
>>1382403
But the point is that this was celebrated in aboriginal society. It was normal for mothers to masturbate their babies. It was encouraged and arguably socially mandated to feed your second born son to your first born. That's their culture, and I think it's sick that you're defending it.
>>
>>1380637
well horses, bisons, auruchs, camels are huge and eat a shit load but were domesticated

>>1381237
abos alsovharvested ants, worms

big game hunting was the main way of humans for thousands of years

it wasnt until bisons, mammoths were hunted to extinction did humans transition to herding animals

as others said, abos reached equililbrium kangz were everywhere
>>
>>1376407
>what are guns?
if the abos managed to drive them to extinction with spears, what makes you think the redcoats couldn't with gunpowder and swords?
>>
>>1382410
Who the fuck said i was defending it,
im just trying to show you that western civilization aint as civilized as you think
>>
>>1382396
>prevent climate change

do you have any theories for such a machine to stop climate changing, it would have been useful during the countless ice ages in the past
>>
>>1382410
>>1382410
It is not our culture that article is a load of shit lol how do people believe that rubbish is beyond me
>>
>>1382310
Burning bushland was smart because it improved hunting succes. I do not even known if there were even any potential suitable crops.

Papuans did go farming. From memory, which may be false, it is a really sustainable way too.

Anon, do you happen to know any good books on the culture of the Aboriginals in general (since there were different tribes). I am interested.
>>
>there are abbologists on /his/
wew, didn't think this board could sink so low
>>
If the abos did kill them all why did they target megalania and not fresh and saltwater crocodiles when they probably just looked like a variant of a similar species to primitive abos without an entire knowledge of taxonomy?
>>
>>1382955
Maybe they killed its prey and environment instead, the giant wombats and so on.

A terrestrial i.e. land, crocodile also existed in the Pleistocene Aussie land.
>>
File: australia.jpg (578 KB, 1149x1600) Image search: [Google]
australia.jpg
578 KB, 1149x1600
>>1382745
>Burning bushland was smart because it improved hunting succes.
Only short-term sucess tho

>tfw no Reptile Mounted Troops
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

>yfw abbos riding emus could have won ww2
>>
>>1384359
How suitable is the emu for riding though? And wouldn't it need to be bred bigger?
>>
>>1383117
Nah this is not necessarly true. You should read up on that theory by the dude that lectures at ANU on about studies. He basically says that Abos gardened the landscape en masse so they could hunt successfully essentially forever.

Also if you've ever lived outside a capital city you can probably understand why back burning makes a lot of sense. It clears out scrub thereby reducing bushfire hazards while also providing nutrients to soil.
>>
>>1376407
>them big lizards
In which milennia or century have they became extinct?
>>
>>1376407

Sure bud. Monitor lizards are all just yearning to serve man. That's why komodo dragons make such good guard pets amirite.

Komodo dragons are scary as fuck. Monitor lizards are cunts at best but anything larger than a komodo dragon needs to die STAT.
>>
>>1385376
>He basically says that Abos gardened the landscape en masse so they could hunt successfully essentially forever.
Abos are too dumb for this to be possible, its the same as haitians they burned down all the stuff because they had no forethought at all.
>>
>>1378553
What are you smoking right now?
Soviet fox experiment was success they get domesticated version in like 4 generations. They breed the one with friendly reactions to human and it start morphology changes and even mating habit.
>>
>>1379720
Society and laws.
The outside pressure can broke society down into the state of anarchy or force them to organize.
Both are valid strategy for survival.
Thing is 1st choice will not work with limited place/people/resources.
Rapa Nui have no choice to organize or die.
Rest have place to fallback. They survive but lost laws and structure.
>>
>>1382955
Crocodiles live in the water, its not easy to find them
>>1385376
>while also providing nutrients to soil.
Does this matter when you have no agriculture?
>>
>>1386370
Well I mean...they obviously weren't thinking 'hey let's make giant european style gardens. It'll be like Versailles but with more kangaroos!'
But I don't see anything overly sensational in suggesting that they influenced their environment to provide better result when hunting and stuff.

Abos haven't exactly had it easy over the last 150years. You can't blame them for acting a little retarded from time to time.
>>
>>1386462
Yes you bum. No nutrients = nothing grows = no flora or fauna
>>
Well .... Given they didn't even invent a wheel...
>>
>>1386487
What's the point if you don't have beasts of burden? The Americas seemed to do fine without.
>>
>>1382373
Wait, how did this become about Latvia?

t. Latvian
>>
>>1378564
>Also what if the Abos learned how to use the feral camels effectively? Or did the camels in Aussie land go feral too late?

u wot

Do you know what feral means? Europeans introduced already domesticated camels that went feral. They weren't here before people.
>>
>>1386742
Lol stupid. I know. That's why I said "go feral too late". In other words: did the Europeans release the camels too late for the Aboriginals to use them or not?

The Natives in the Americas used feral horses. Why not the Abos?
>>
From Wikipedia "camels and abos":

Pitjantjatjara man Andy Tjilari describes camping with his family as a child, when a man traveling with camels arrived in search of dingo scalps. When the initial shock wore off, Mr Tjilari describes following the camels with his family, mimicking them and talking to them. The discovery led him to assert that "this horse is ignorant".

Kek.
>>
>>1376407
When I saw this picture I thought there was going to finally be a vore thread on /his/. Damn shame...
>>
>>1379168
What movie is this from?
>>
File: 1427117697106.jpg (52 KB, 573x609) Image search: [Google]
1427117697106.jpg
52 KB, 573x609
>>1381155
>no urban development whatsoever
>civilisation
>>
>>1388986
Troy
>>
>>1376407

Megalania died out before mankind domesticated ANY animal, you uneducated swine.
>>
>>1389881

Has anyone domesticated alligators?

I mean can you seriously have a 6ft alligator on your farm and not have it eat other farm animals?
>>
>>1389906

For what purpose?
>>
>>1386772

"From 1928 to 1933, the missionary Ernest Kramer undertook camel safaris in Central Australia with the aim of spreading the gospel. On most journeys, he employed Arrernte man Mickey Dow Dow as cameleer, guide and translator and sometimes a man called Barney. The first of Kramer’s trips was to the Musgrave Ranges and Mann Ranges, and was sponsored by the Aborigines Friends Association, which sought a report on Indigenous living conditions. According to Kramer’s biography, as the men travelled through the desert and encountered local people, they handed them boiled lollies, tea and sugar and played Jesus Loves Me on the gramophone. At night, using a ‘magic lantern projector’, Kramer showed slides of Christmas and the life of Christ. For many people, this was their first experience of Christmas and the event picturesquely established "an association between camels, gifts and Christianity that was not merely symbolic but had material reality"."

Aww that's cute.
>>
>>1380646
>Ofc I don't think Abos are modern humans

They are though you'd have to be a complete retard to think they aren't Homo Sapiens.
>>
File: 1464742168808.png (254 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1464742168808.png
254 KB, 900x900
>>1381198
>And then the Abo said that it was a human
>>
>>1383117
Lol it's the reason why Kangaroo's are everywhere in Australia and are a pest.
>>
>>1386370
>its the same as haitians they burned down all the stuff because they had no forethought at all.

no it's because Haitians needed wood for say to day life and to pay off the debt to France they did logging as well back then. There'sa lot of stupid shit people did to the environment and trying to make it look like only a few groups did is plain idiocy.
>>
>>1381198
>IQ tests they score on average 90.
Give sources for statements like these dammit
>>
>>1389913

To run off fuckin' Abos, mate, have you not been following the conversation?
>>
>>1380582
>>1386435

Yet they had all the experiences and knowledge of the 1960's world while no one had that shit back then. Even then it was done on a fox so it still isn't that useful to people in the past because dogs were already a thing and no one back then had foresight in what animals are the best to domesticate or whether they should waste effort on certain creatures.
>>
>>1389881
That assumption you made: you would be surprised if you knew me. Anyway, I am pretty sure the Aboriginals brought the dingo with them. So unless you can discredit that you are absolutely wrong.

Also my confession: this was originally a joke thread. But it actually turned out somewhat interesting (excluding all that the bashing of the Abos).
>>
>>1376407
if you wanna look for stupidity you come to threads like these. i came here only to be reminded that 4chan is not a place for learning and should only be used for shitposting. having said that, i wish that discussions about australians would cease on this board. on one hand you have biased morons with obvious native-inflicted trauma and on the other you have fresh out of college liberals who have never met a native but insist on fighting racism even though they have never experienced it. it's too bad really but what do you expect from a board with the sponsoring thought of anime. some shit i found interesting about the first nation australians:
>they farmed yams, eels and grains ( more suitable to the conditions yet farrer insisted on wasting time breeding a wheat strain that could survive in the arid land)
>they had 2 hrs of chores per day, the rest was dedicated to frolicking
i don't get all this hate in the thread for the "abo"s, must be australians. are you all locked in fear of the simple native because you realise that as our world progresses you will essentially have to give back your stolen land? do you really think you can avoid signing a treaty within the next few years? i smell a whole country of scared boat people that will cry out "native savage" while you face the didgeridoo. it's the way of the world right now that all white races are being out-bred and constantly apologising to the black races. Will new memes arise involving the abo taking on the nigger's role and cucking all the white men in oz?
t. an irish highlander with a hatred for the british and their southern convicts
>>
>>1376774
Very useful video, Anon
>>
>>1376407
>domesticating reptiles
quality thread OP
>>
Guys do you think if the Creoles domesticated alligators, the Murricans wouldn't have blown them the fuck out?
>>
>>1378553
>>1389983
Adults were killed and pups/small ones were taken and grow up with humans. The aggressive, hard to control were culled, die from stress or run into wild where the submissive one stay and breed.
Next generation even if crossbreeded with wild ones were more friendly and acceptable of human dominance, better suited to living enslaved.
Humans replace alpha in social animals like dogs, cull aggressiveness from herbivores(like cows), live in symbiotic relationship with other(like cats) that give advantage to the ones that live close to humans.
Fox experiment prove it(faster than it probably happen) as they breed next generations based on behaviour that is seen by naked eye.
>>
File: 1467771778052.jpg (10 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
1467771778052.jpg
10 KB, 275x183
>>1376407
>domesticating reptiles
>>
>>1381198
>The Australian government had to forcibly take them into government housing because they were living in inhumane conditions.
>Human living just fine for literally tens of thousands of years
>"This is uncivilized! This is inhumane!" bleats the statist
>"Lets force our superior way of life on them, it's more moral and leads to a better life."
Meanwhile, on a different board
>"Why are multiculturalists trying to force their ideology on everyone? Why are the so successful? I bet the jews did this! I don't want to be forcibly 'civilized!'"

/pol/tard hypocrisy
>>
File: 1466659505240.jpg (18 KB, 279x274) Image search: [Google]
1466659505240.jpg
18 KB, 279x274
>domesticating a apex reptilian predator
>>
>>1392737
Fuck of back to/lgbt/
>>
ITT people argue that Abos are glorious beautiful people because they act like wild animals.

How stupid are you to have to think this?

>durr hurr, they lived in sync with nature they didn't need to change for 40,000 years!
>durr hurrhrrrur, you can't call them less advanced because they never invented anything!

You know what other creatures never have to invent items to ease their lives in the wilderness? Animals. Abos are literally human animals. They are too stupid and incapable of doing what every other culture in human history has done - innovate technologically.

You don't live in the stone age for 40,000 years 'because it works', you do it because you're too stupid to think of a better way to live.
>>
>>1376774
I hate how all the videos about this stuff exist to apologize for Native Americans and Africans not domesticating animals.

There are literal reindeer herders in Scandinavia, all across Europe boars and the aurochs were domesticated, even fucking elephants have been domesticated. But instead of talking about theories on how it was done all the conversation ever seems to be is "It was completely out of the hands of the poor oppressed brown people to domesticate any large animals".
>>
>>1386487
Anyone else thinks lines of thought like this is a mark of an idiot?
>T-they didn't invent wheels! I mean, look at how useful cars are and they need wheels!

Would you say our current civilization is primitive and sub-human because we don't have FTL space travel and General AI?

Really weird how "conservatives" are so quick to look down on people in the past, but will rabidly defend their "primitive" believes against people thinking from the future.
>>
>>1376407
Would the europeans of that era have realistically acomplish that?

Not a feasible task. Maybe in the modern era we could, but back then not.

Regardless of that, if they did, they could have gone full valyrian on asia, conquering islands after island with the strenght of reptiles.
>>
>>1396176
Elephants are not domesticated dumbass. There may be some tamed ones, but that isn't what domestication was.
America had no large land animals at the point domestication happened, except llamas which were domesticated. Horses weren't even introduced til the 1500's in America.
>>
>>1397030
See >>1396125

Celebrating Abos for living like wild animals is not a positive thing. It is scientifically fascinating. It is a great discovery. But it is not an accomplishment to be proud of.

>>1397056
>America had no large land animals at the point domestication happened,

Moose
Deer
Elk
Bison
Bears
Wolves
Alligators
Cougars
>>
>>1397056
Their were horses in America, its just that the natives chose to eat them all
>>
>>1397094
I'm not celebrating abbos at all dumbass,
I'm saying if that is Objectively Superior Cultures exist, there is a culture that is Objectively Superior to your current one, maybe even to the point there is barely any difference between abbos and you. The only way around this is to accepting cultural relativity or accept you're nothing more than a dumb nigger scarcely better than any abbo and completely ignorant of the Objectively Superior Culture.
>>
>>1398547
What is this 'objectively superior culture'? We can only deal in variables that are known, so you can't phrase this as a hypothetical.

What culture on Earth is 'objectively superior' when compared to western civilization (referring to all cultures that operate on a western-based blue print of modernity).

And, why can't we try to evaluate and rank cultures to some extent or another?
>>
>>1376434
Yes, we've discovered that over 300 years of colonization in Australia.. but what about the megalania?
>>
>>1386761
Why don't you look up how long camels have been feral in Australia before embarrassing yourself further.
>>
File: multiple_keks.png (167 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
multiple_keks.png
167 KB, 256x384
>>1376407
I have no idea but this is an interesting and hilarious question. Thank you for asking OP.
>>
>>1398199
Well, paleo-siberian hunters, not really natives. The ice age climate shift probably put stress on all large animals, but yea horses were probably finished off by humans.
>>
>>1397094
All of those animals you listed either would be unable to pull things around to be a decent beast of burden for large scale farming or were solitary creatures that didn't have a social ladder to exploit. Hell the only one that comes close is Bison and that was only fairly recently after people had a shitload of knowhow and technology to do it with.
>>
>>1381198
90 is an average IQ...
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.