[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How important is sex in history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: sex.jpg (99 KB, 640x508) Image search: [Google]
sex.jpg
99 KB, 640x508
How important is sex in history?
>>
>>1375794
wouldn't have history without it.

>sacred act between two people in love
Now before the hedonists arrive let me tell you.
There has never been one instance of a civilization being built and a truly progressive society arising from peoples who did not treat sex as a sacred act between two committed partners.
>>
>>1375852
except, you know, literally every single civilization on the face of the earth without a single exemption. you're a sheltered waterbaby if you think the laymen didn't just fuck.
>>
>>1375866
Believing that sex can exist outside of a relationship and treating it as sacred within one aren't mutually exclusive.

People are commodities like lumber or anything else. One use for them is sex. But you don't treat your church cloths like rags like you don't treat your wife like a prostitute.

A relationship is necessary to raise a family and live a comfortable life, because it spreads the work load and increases stability. Viewing sex as sacred and an act for two committed persons helps to promote intimacy and strengthen the relationship and ensures progeny are legitimate so the male isn't wasting his energy.

No culture has ever been observed to treat sex like a strictly case affair and gone on to succeed. If you study archaic Greek society/poetry and the late republic/early empire you will see how even the most liberal societies of antiquity drew distinctions. And a lot, a lot, of Roman commentary exists on the hedonistic lifestyle in Rome and most paints it in a bad light.

Free sex and neglect of the family unit is a hallmark of a failing society. Barriers between the acts of casual and marriage sex are absolutely necessary to prevent social moral decline like we are witness to now.
>>
>>1375852

Infidelity has always been rife. You're deluding youself if you think it hasn't. Most people in history got married because of family or economics. The only reason divorce is going up is because its now allowed. The issues have always been there.
>>
>>1375980
>Barriers between the acts of casual and marriage sex are absolutely necessary to prevent social moral decline like we are witness to now.

Deluded Christcuck
>>
>>1375980
A lot of hedonists are gonna jump on you to justify their lifestyles, but you're absolutely right. Regarding sex as something higher than just a physical affair is one of the things that separates humans and our civilizations from animals.
>>
>>1376227
But so is 4chan?
>>
>>1376133
>The only reason divorce is going up
But it's not...
>>
File: 1467523042807.jpg (24 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1467523042807.jpg
24 KB, 401x372
>>1375852
>I literally know nothing about history, culture, civilization, or biology
>seriously guys, nothing
Kill yourself you fucking mongoloid. Why do you even come to a history board?
>>
>>1375980
>>Barriers between the acts of casual and marriage sex are absolutely necessary to prevent social moral decline like we are witness to now.
Where do you base this on?

>>1376191
I also don't see why this is exclusively some bad hedonism.
>>
>>1375980
Go back to /pol/ you dumb fag
>>
>>1376630
He's right tho
>>
>>1375794
Wars have been fought over pussy.

See the Trojan War or the Rape of the Sabine.
>>
I'd say sex and alcohol are probably the two most important factors in world history.
>>
>>1376677
Stories that came out of the Sabine war are some of my favorite. Shit was so ridiculous.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.