[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It seems from reading the Bible that God and Jesus only care
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
It seems from reading the Bible that God and Jesus only care about Jews. To make the Bibles words applicable to gentiles, Christians have to replace terms like "Israel" with "the church" and "my people" with "Christians". There is incredible mental gymnastics which must be undertaken for the bible to have any relevance to non-Jews.

Paul is the only apostle to the gentiles in the new Testament. While Jesus himself calls a gentile woman a "dog" (but is also ready to help a high ranking Roman centurion when his male child sex slave is sick). The crazy thing is the Jews hated Paul and tried to kill him, Paul was rejected by all the other Christian Jews at the time.

I still think Jesus Christ's words are amazing and like no others, he spoke the Truth which is extremely important. But I cannot deny the utter lack of interest that God and Jesus have for gentiles in the Bible yet he is worshipped by them in almost all major religions.
>>
>>1374275
>Adopting a heresy of a foreign religion
>Wandering why you are not mentioned
Maybe you should start worshiping Zeus and wonder why he is only interested in Greeks.
>>
>>1374275
Yep, Jesus was jewish messianic figure, but you have to admit gentiles took up his religion pretty quickly. By Paul's time only a few decades later there were established gentile communities of Christians. I don't know what the reasons are for this, I know the Jesus of the gospels seems to say that obeying the laws isn't important anymore, but it takes innovation from people like Paul for it to make any sense for gentiles.

I think it was just a nice-sounding cult which proselytised a lot more than judaism, and thus went from aramaic-speaking jews to greek-speaking jews to greek-speaking gentiles and then across the Roman empire.
>>
John 10:16

I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.

Matthew 28:18-20

And Jesus came and said to them, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.’

Luke 10:29-37

But wanting to justify himself, he asked Jesus, ‘And who is my neighbour?’ Jesus replied, ‘A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell into the hands of robbers, who stripped him, beat him, and went away, leaving him half dead. Now by chance a priest was going down that road; and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. So likewise a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan while travelling came near him; and when he saw him, he was moved with pity. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, having poured oil and wine on them. Then he put him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. The next day he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said, “Take care of him; and when I come back, I will repay you whatever more you spend.” Which of these three, do you think, was a neighbour to the man who fell into the hands of the robbers?’ He said, ‘The one who showed him mercy.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Go and do likewise.’
>>
>>1374275
You literally haven't finished a single one of the gospels.
>>
>>1374403
John 4:22-26

You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews. But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such as these to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.’ The woman said to him, ‘I know that Messiah is coming’ (who is called Christ). ‘When he comes, he will proclaim all things to us.’ Jesus said to her, ‘I am he, the one who is speaking to you.’

Isaiah 42:6

I am the Lord, I have called you in righteousness,
I have taken you by the hand and kept you;
I have given you as a covenant to the people,
a light to the nations
>>
>>1374275
It's taken you this long to notice? Have you not compared the gospels of Mark and Mathew to Luke? In the former, Jesus is described as properly messianic, full of parallels to David and heralded gloriously by kings travelling to the city of Herod, as a Jew would expect of their messiah, while the latter describes the humble beginning with more of a focus on Mary (Isis) that a non-Jew with background in the Roman or Egyptian religion would find more sympathetic. Unless I'm REALLY getting my money's worth out of catholic uni I always thought of that as Bible Study 101, like the two conflicting accounts in the very first few pages of Genesis.
>>
>>1374420
Mark's audience are Gentiles.
>>
“Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”[a] 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
>>
>>1374275
/his/, why did Christianity spread so readily if it was initially associated with Jews?
>>
God takes care of children, regardless of race.

All of mankind is of the same origin.

The Jews (in the Bible) are God's chose people until they denied the One God sent. This is where in the Bible, the Gentiles inherit the Kingdom.

It is like God is adopting all of those who are spiritual orphans roaming around the world, lost, looking at a passing phenomena that in the mortal life they have to live in for a time.
>>
>>1374275
> There is incredible mental gymnastics which must be undertaken for the bible to have any relevance to non-Jews.
No there isn't.
> the Jews hated Paul and tried to kill him, Paul was rejected by all the other Christian Jews at the time.
False.
> I still think Jesus Christ's words are amazing and like no others
No you don't.
> the utter lack of interest that God and Jesus have for gentiles in the Bible
Nope.
>>
>>1374275
Nah, there were always righteous Gentiles who could and would join the nation of Israel, as long as they got circumcised, baptized and swore to follow the Law of Moses.

Paul taught the New Covenant in a way the other apostles could not, because they did not receive it directly from Jesus. They were having too much fun being important figures in the Temple to realize that they were not saving anybody. Paul brought that to their attention, and in the end, they gave Paul and Barnabus their blessing, the right hand of fellowship, and Peter wrote loving things about Paul and the difficult things Paul wrote.

Paul was an intellectual; Peter was a fisherman. The two could hardly have been more different. Yet the more Jewey was sent to the Gentiles, and the more Gentile was sent to the Jews.
>>
>>1374420
They're not conflicting at all. And the gospels were written to different audiences; the audience you're in will dictate which gospel speaks more to you.

You seem Jewey, and Luke wrote to the Greeks.
>>
>>1375426
Because Jesus performed many signs and wonders, was crucified, and rose from the dead to be seen by hundreds for 40 days before ascending bodily into heaven.
>>
>>1374275

You are correct in stating that salvation was offered first to the Jews and then to the Gentiles when the Jews rejected it.

However, Paul reveals that this mystery was always Plan A. It was always God's intent to save both Jew and Gentile, and to transform both Jew and Gentile into something new, a new creation in Christ Jesus, something capable of being transformed to see God face to face.

There is no Plan B.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.