[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was taking a shit today, and my mind drifted off and I started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Persian.jpg (89 KB, 356x479) Image search: [Google]
Persian.jpg
89 KB, 356x479
I was taking a shit today, and my mind drifted off and I started to think about why humanity took so long to develop some sort of civlization, with laws and architecture, along with some sort of centralized authority governing its borders. Do you think that maybe the reason so much mythology around the world has some sort of legitimacy to it? If you think about it, there's so many connections with ancient mythology. People who could have never possibly come into contact with each other could string out more or less similar beliefs, with similar architecture. It's interesting to think that maybe there was an advanced civilization (of humans, not going Ancient Aliens-tier shitposting here) before ours, and that that humans drove each other to extinction through warfare. In ancient Indian epics for example (my knowledge on this is very rusty) the gods unleashed something very similar to what can be described to the effects of a nuclear bomb on the people. What do you think?
>>
You would think an ancient advanced civilization would have left some more archeological evidence behind
>>
>>1373331
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baigong_pipes

http://www.zmescience.com/other/most-amazing-unexplained-artifacts/

It's shit like this that makes me think desu.
>>
>>1373311
No. It's because civilization requires agriculture, which requires hunting and gathering to be the worse option, which requires a large enough population, which requires a lot of time.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.