[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Family History
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: Family-Tree.jpg (56 KB, 640x451) Image search: [Google]
Family-Tree.jpg
56 KB, 640x451
Have you ever done any ancestry research?

I decided to follow my family name and patriline and ended up all the way back to 1630s Salem, MA. after my 10x great grandfather came over from England. He was killed in an Indian raid, and his wife supposedly was a Quaker that protested the Puritan church by stripping naked in public (part of the so called "Naked Quakers") and got whipped for it. Some women with my name (though I haven't been able to connect them to my line) were accused of witchcraft during the trials, but released. My 5x great grandfather fought in the revolutionary war and was a potter. His son possibly fought in the war of 1812 but the only record I've found were orders to report to militia at the time. My 3x great grandfather fought in the civil war, and he worked in a shoe factory. I found a picture of his son, my great-great grandfather, taken in 1872.

This was all pretty cool to me since I just assumed my family came in the 19th century immigration waves.

What have you found out about your family history?

Any tips on how best to research this stuff?
>>
>>1370633
Check out your city website or local library. My city council for example runs a monthly genealogy workshop. You'd be surprised at the amount of information you can learn if you just look for it.
>>
Dad's side came over to the States in 1925 from Ireland, where they had been since the 11th century. Mom's side was also from Ireland, came to Quebec in the 1850s and moved to the US in the 1910s
>>
>>1370648
I'll have to check that out. There's a lot more that I want to find out.
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 201x172) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 201x172
I live in a town called appleton in WI (last name Lutz). I could have been a rich fag if the Lutz Ice co. Would have switched over to eletric refrigeration. But they thought that cutting ice out of the river and selling it would be sustainable.

I got some pics for proof
>>
>>
>>1373177
>>1373174
>electric refrigeration is a meme
>people will always need ice
>lutz ice co. is bulletproof
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.