[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were there any superstitions for/against Left-Handed People?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: lefthand7.jpg (28 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
lefthand7.jpg
28 KB, 600x337
Were there any superstitions for/against Left-Handed People?

Asking this because I watched an episode of American Dad a few years back and the mom there grew up in a catholic orphanage run by nuns and spanked her whenever she used her left hand, making her a righty.
>>
File: Jaguar_warrior.jpg (426 KB, 890x1056) Image search: [Google]
Jaguar_warrior.jpg
426 KB, 890x1056
>>1368925
The Aztecs believed that a left handed warrior literally had superpowers.

Because most cunts trained to fight versus normally right handed people and here comes a chump with his Macahuitl in the "wrong" hand, screwing up everything you ever trained for.
>>
I recall similar stories with the result of making one ambidexterous.

It has nothing to do with theology, and everything to do with the purpose of education, and discipline, being conformity.
>>
>>1368933
Which is sort of incredibly seeing how one in ten people is left-handed.
>>
>>1368925
Some Muslims believe that "eating with" the left hand is a sin. Not sure if this has actual Quranic roots.
I think people were just butthurt that some people did a fundamental daily action differently than they did tbqh. People will always find something retarded to get mad at.
>>
>>1369044
I've heard that the excuse for that is that the left hand is used to clean the butt after taking a shit
>>
>>1368925
Left handed people have been discriminated against throughout all of history simply for being different.

In all Latin languages Left Handed is called Sinistra which literally means Sinister, evil, bad.

Even into the 80s in the west if you were left handed you were forced to write right handed in school as a child. Today in most of the world out of the west it is the same. My ex gf was from south Asia and born left handed, they beat her to make her right handed, she ended up ambidextrous.
Humans are cunts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bias_against_left-handed_people
>>
>>1369065
Thats just a story, i dont think anyone actually wipes their butt with their hand, poop is fundamentally disgusting to humans universally. They use water rather than tissues in the islamic world.
>>
>>1369083
>my gf is from south Asia

Have you taught her to poo in loo?
>>
>>1369090
>ex
She left me and a chance at life in the west and got addicted to drugs and alcohol
I'll never understand women
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.