[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video Games with Historical Settings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: TheGuild2Renaissancejpg.jpg (140 KB, 620x868) Image search: [Google]
TheGuild2Renaissancejpg.jpg
140 KB, 620x868
So I saw this game (pic related) on a video game thread on here a week ago and I just played it and it was actually quite good but there were some things that were really bothering me, in some maps the titles are wrong like having an Emperor instead of a Vogt and a Sovereign instead of a Mayor.

Also women holding offices and certain is another thing that bothers me. The voting system ain't bad but can be improved to be more historically accurate for each map, the same can be said for the office titles.
And another thing that really bothers me is that there are no Italian maps considering that this game is about medieval city states I expected that it would have maps for Genoa, Florence, or any of the great number of cities in northern Italy.

So what are your favourite /his/ related video game?
>>
>>1367822
Wasn't Guild 2 about the Hansa?
>>
>>1367846
It has some Hansa maps and most the maps are HRE maps.
I think some of them maybe made up cities.
>>
>>1367822
DEFCON
Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm
Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars (and viking conquest)
Crusader Kings 2
>>
>>1367875
Are DEFCON matches like frenetic Diplomacy matches? I really like the concept, but wikipedia makes the game seem to fast paced for me. I usually stick with turn-based strategy. What's your opinion of DEFCON?
>>
>>1367903
I'm not the other guy but IIRC DEFCON had a major flaw in that the missiles are drawn in a ballistic arc going to the top of the screen, instead of least-time paths, so a north-south defense orientation was more effective and meant that Africa and South America where the "strongest" continents.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.