[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? How can we take what we learned from their mistakes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Zimbabwe flag.png (59 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Zimbabwe flag.png
59 KB, 2000x1000
What went wrong? How can we take what we learned from their mistakes and prevent a similar situation occurring in South Africa?
>>
Nepothism and race based ecominic politics. Basically thinga just niggers would do.

Anyway, to stop Europe from becoming like that we whites must confiscate the industries from the Jews and lend it out to our friends and relatives as well as give their high ranking jobs to them, should solve everything.
>>
>>1386473
Maybe when a country comes to an internal solution for transition to majority rule, let them do it, rather than forcing literal terrorists into power because of your incredibly frail Foreign Office busybody's ego.
>>
Mugabe was actually a really good President until someone embezzled the fund his party had set up for veterans of the Bush War

The "veterans" then chimped out and demanded gibsmedats, so Mugabe hung white farmers out to try, got rid of the willing buyer, willing seller clause that was part of the land redistribution program, and basically fucked everything up

His response to the problem ruined the country possibly beyond the hope of recovery, but I don't know what I would have done in his situation. If the veterans didn't get their gibsmedats then they might've started an armed insurgency, and then he'd be fucked no matter what
>>
>>1387010
What happened to the fund
>>
>>1387010
>until someone embezzled the fund
''''''someone''''''
>>
>>1387023
Officially we don't know, one of Mugabe's cronies probably nicked it

>>1387026
It's definitely a possibility but I don't think Mugabe took it for himself. It caused a lot of problems with what at that point wasn't a terrible transition to self-rule by African standards
>>
>>1386473
How long until this society starts building pyramids? Now that the white man is gone there isn't anything holding them back
>>
>>1387042
Please don't shit up a potentially good thread with /pol/ fuckery
>>
>>1387042
Kek
>>
File: zw_1979.gif (4 KB, 432x216) Image search: [Google]
zw_1979.gif
4 KB, 432x216
>>1386473
Better flag coming through
>>
>>1386473
Ugh the thread is already flooded with /pol/ circlejerk

Alright I'll try to put some perspective on things.

Zimbabwe has not successfully decolonized itself. They went from a tribal nation to a semi-modern nation under Rhodesia, but in an effort to completely modernize and decolonize itself they adapted communism and marxism.

Except none of that was applied to the actual workings of the state. It was all slogans and propaganda. The state more or less operated like during Ian Smith's reign, except to distance itself from the white colonialist state, they killed white landowners and upper class. They tried to take a few notes from communists by centralizing economy, but never went under heavy industrialization similar to Russia or China, instead opting to rely on Rhodesian-era infrastructure.

And to make up for the economic collapse, the government tried to cover the voids by printing more paper currency, which resulted in massive inflation.
>>
>>1387057
>Ugh the thread is already flooded with /pol/ circlejerk
>>1387042 is the only /pol/ one I see, and even that's just a humorous shitpost. Also
>Ugh
Come on now, have some self-respect
>>
File: muhrhodesia.png (274 KB, 1864x789) Image search: [Google]
muhrhodesia.png
274 KB, 1864x789
>>1387042
>>
File: 1738543197.png (38 KB, 842x479) Image search: [Google]
1738543197.png
38 KB, 842x479
>>1387057
>Ugh
>>
File: Zimbabwe.jpg (526 KB, 2465x795) Image search: [Google]
Zimbabwe.jpg
526 KB, 2465x795
>>1387204
>>
>>1387057
dank
>>
>>1387057
This is excellent.

>The state more or less operated like during Ian Smith's reign, except to distance itself from the white colonialist state, they killed white landowners and upper class.

It's also worth noting that a power struggle broke out between the two black rebel groups that were now part of the government in the wake of Lancaster House agreement. Mugabe's faction brutally purged the other faction from government and other bastions of power, and by the end of the 80s the country was a one-party state. Tribal politics played a big part in this. The white landowners only started to really become persecuted in the latter half of the 90s, when Mugabe used them as a scapegoat for a sluggish economy.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.