[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"According to Unwin, after a nation becomes prosperous it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: mona_lisa_kim_kardashian.jpg (300 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
mona_lisa_kim_kardashian.jpg
300 KB, 620x412
"According to Unwin, after a nation becomes prosperous it becomes increasingly liberal with regard to sexual morality and as a result loses it cohesion, its impetus and its purpose. The process, says the author, is irreversible..."

Does tension among the sexes and lack of cohesion lead to society's decline? It sounds plausible but I don't want to get caught up in alt-right/reactionary though if it isn't necessarily meritorious.

First thing that comes to mind is sexuality in Rome which is regarded as liberal. Though reading further into it there seems to have been some societal imposed patriarchal values that extol the virtues of, well, virtue; chastity, and family values to some degree.

Has there been a functioning society that is 'egalitarian' yet prospered? Is there a way to integrate both sexes and celebrate them without a female 'revolt' to consolidate power then fracturing sexual relations?
>>
>>1367359
bump...
>>
I feel like loose sexual morality is a result of a decadent society and not the cause. Abundance causes people to drift apart since they do not need to rely on others to have a good quality of life. Therefore institutions weaken and society becomes fractured and unable to resist a unified invading force. Maybe technology will allow current Western societies to maintain decadence while rebuffing or assimilating outsiders.
>>
>>1367359
I don't get it, they don't even look similar.
>>
>>1367359
Found the virgin.
>>
File: McDonalds Labe.jpg (160 KB, 1844x1210) Image search: [Google]
McDonalds Labe.jpg
160 KB, 1844x1210
>after a nation becomes prosperous it becomes increasingly liberal with regard to sexual morality and as a result loses it cohesion, its impetus and its purpose
Oh yes, I distinctly remember the Byzantine Empire losing the Battle of Manzikert because all the wanton sluts were distracting the Cataphracts.
>>
It might contribute to the lack of social cohesion, but I'm pretty sure the lack of political will, political apathy, corrupt leadership, and economics are far more destructive factors.
>>
>>1367359
>Does tension among the sexes and lack of cohesion lead to society's decline?
No. It's just another step on the path of decline. It might contribute to later phases of the decline but it's not the cause of it.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.