[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /his/ I am looking for textual criticism of the Bible and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hello /his/ I am looking for textual criticism of the Bible and perhaps the Quran, though that's probably not very common.
>pic unrelated, just something I want to read eventually
>>
Really niggas? Not a single suggestion?
>>
>>1366823
>>1367175
Hold up I've got a fragments of a longform Zoroastrian shitpost against Jews, Christians, and Muslims, but mostly Jews...gotta hunt down the link.
>>
>>1367210
>Contradictions and Vile Utterances - Zoroastrian Critique of Judaism.pdf

https://mega.nz/#!UUBxzCRb!6V_vm_XCS6poMGseRknGJ8gEjrVDofvZlhg_-Sbuuxk
>>
>>1367223
Holy shit. Do you have any modern suggestions?
>>
>>1367233
I mostly have it for the high rate of keks per page. I don't think I've any modern longform exegetical critques of religious source texts. Closest other in my library's Abhinavagupta's commentary on the Bhagavad Gita.
>>
>>1367256
Ah, thanks anyway. I'll just have to find some myself, then.
I was thinking some of the Christian fanatics and /pol/posters would have shit that has to do with the Quran but apparently no such luck
>>
>>1367264
Nobody on this website understands Islam, including like 7/10ths of self professed Muslims.

I don't either, I should note, but even here it's almost impossible to get a discussion brewing on fiqh or historicity or ideological influence or Hadith collections.
>>
>>1367277
Do you have a recommended translation? I've read the bible (Protestant, so I've not read the entire Apocrypha or any of the Othrodox ones) and I wanted to get around to the Quran
>>
>>1367304
I have no idea what the line of transmission the one on my bookshelf comes through, again, I don't understand Islam.

If you want Apocrypha, "The Other Bible" edited by Willis Barnstone is a great springboard to other materials by offering various fragments thereof, and in some short cases entire texts.

Gnosis: Nature and History of Gnosticism (by Kurt Rudolph) is great for a broad understanding of various Gnostic groups, factions, and sects, and helps you not sound like you're fresh from /pol/ bleating about the evil demiurge.
>>
>>1367317
Thanks a lot tripfag, I appreciate it
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.