[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the story about this island?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: map_of_corsica.jpg (43 KB, 466x350) Image search: [Google]
map_of_corsica.jpg
43 KB, 466x350
What is the story about this island?
>>
>>1366398
French clay
>>
>nobody cares
>Napoleon is born there
>Napoleon leaves
>no one cares
>no one cares
>no one cares
>Napoleon returns
>Napoleon leaves again
>no one cares
>no one cares
>no one cares
>>
File: Pasquale Paoli.png (161 KB, 305x356) Image search: [Google]
Pasquale Paoli.png
161 KB, 305x356
>>1366409
>>
>>1366398
Is it a good resort island?
>>
>>1366398
All I know is that it wasn't settled before the Renaissance because navigation wasn't developed enough to go there before.
>>
>>1366447
oh no not you again
>>
File: 750px-Flag_of_Corsica.png (43 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
750px-Flag_of_Corsica.png
43 KB, 750x450
Their flag is pretty cool
>>
>>1366473

HOL UP
>>
>>1366447
You're 100% wrong
>>1366485
SO YOU BE SAYIN
>>
>>1366447
>people sailed all across the mediterranean since antiquity
>couldn't reach a giant island a few miles off the coast of Italy
>>
>>1366503
>>1366473
>>1366485

Napoleon was black.

The French Revolution was orchestrated by black people.
>>
>>1366398
The tl;dr version is this >>1366419 and it's surprisingly accurate.

Other than that.. meh. It was never formally part of any Kingdom of Italy so the Italians claiming it, and by extent Napoleon (again: they don't care about the island, only about Napoleon) is retarded. It was part of the Genoese Republic, then it became the independent Republic of Corsica (with its own constitution and stuff, shit was so cash), then it became French, then the British landed there during the Revolution and created the Anglo-Corsican kingdom with George III (or was it IV?) as its monarch but they quickly abandoned it after the French rekt Spain's shit. There were plans to make Corsica independent once more after Napoleon's fall, but those plans were abandoned (at least Talleyrand did ONE thing right in his pitiful career).

>>1366440
It's full of retarded Corsican separatist bombers. After Marseille probably the worst place in France, and it doesn't even have sandniggers as an excuse.

>>1366473
>>1366503
>>1366485
I'm surprised niggers haven't complained that a decapitated Moor is waycis'.
>>
>>1366398
>settled in the Neolithic

>during the Bronze age the south of the island is most likely settled by Nuragics who build their structures there and a series of statues menhirs with disturbing parallels to those of the Sherden are created..

>The tribes of south Corsica and North Eastern Sardinia are both known as Corsi

>Etruscans settle it during the early iron age

>Greeks settle it

>Lombards invade it but Franks free it
>The island population drops heavily because of the Saracen raids as most of the inhabitants flee to Central Italy

>Settlers from mainland Italy come

>Napoleon is born

Mainly this
>>
>>1366554
Also I forgot

>Both Corsi of Corsica and those of Sardinia rebel to the Roman Republic after Carthage is defeated

>tens of thousands are taken captive as slaves, and they're considered by the Romans the worst slave ever because they either kill themselves, or just stay completely apathetic or stuborn, never accepting their fates
>>
File: Alexandre_Dumas_(1762-1806).jpg (150 KB, 800x614) Image search: [Google]
Alexandre_Dumas_(1762-1806).jpg
150 KB, 800x614
>>1366545
>The French Revolution was orchestrated by black people.
There is some merit to that.
>>
>>1366398
Colonized by turks at a time so much of the island has Turkish admixture, ergo it's only claim to relevancy (napoleon) is really a turk
>>
>>1366626
What a load of bullshit.

As long as you don't consider Phoceans Turks which is anachronistic, also the Phoeceans got kicked out by Tyrrenians and Phoenicians.
>>
File: porto-vecchio-CORSICA.jpg (311 KB, 800x300) Image search: [Google]
porto-vecchio-CORSICA.jpg
311 KB, 800x300
>>1366626

Turks?

There's been the native Corsi tribes, Etruscans, Phoenicians, Greeks, Carthaginians, Romans, Moors, Pisans, Genoese, French on this island but no Turks
>>
>>1366713
Moors never settled there as far as we know so I wouldn't count them in.
>>
>>1366551
Don't forget they tried to become a kingdom under a german Baron
>>
>>1366551
Hey man, Marseille is really awesome. It has all sorts of great weed. You should try go there. Plus it has some really amazing light you know.
Why do you talk shit about it?
>>
>>1366473
just think what people would say if this was common knowledge. i imagine a footabll game between corsica and USA or some country like that. would love to see them freaking out. (i'm aware corsica is not an independent state)
>>
>>1366447
so acording to your logic, sardinia (wich is close as fuck) should also been discovered then, crete is as isolated as corsica, mallorca as well (and it's much smaller). let's not even talk about the faroe, iceland, madeira, malta, sao miguel, socotra, and much more i don't even know that are smaller and more isolated than corsica.
also, even the flag (a moorish beheaded head) hints you its been inhabitated even by moorish
>>
>>1366545
that's a nice essay for black history month
>>
File: Cruz_de_Alcoraz,_1536.jpg (51 KB, 200x271) Image search: [Google]
Cruz_de_Alcoraz,_1536.jpg
51 KB, 200x271
>>1367507
Sardinia has four of those
>>
>>1366473
I thought that was the flag of Argentina.
>>
>>1367212
>It has all sorts of great weed.
Yeah, that happens in most kebab infested regions. You know weed is illegal in France, right?

Saying Marseille has great weed and saying Amsterdam has great weed has two entirely different implications.
>>
>>1366713
He meant ancient anatolian farmers im guessing dont get your pantaloons in a twist
>>
>>1366551
But keeping corsica was not a good thing. At the time it was useless, and now it's a burden.
>>
>>1367575
who were these 4 black kings of corsica
>>
>>1366473
This is the beheaded head of a moor. This flag is based.
>>
>>1369128
A symbol of the moors who got beheaded by the Sardinians and Genoans after their failed attack on Sardinia.

>>1369128
You can still see the blood in them>>1367575
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.