[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is materialistic about Marxism? I don't quite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 500x704) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 500x704
What exactly is materialistic about Marxism? I don't quite understand it.
>>
>Morality, religion, metaphysics, all the rest of ideology and their corresponding forms of consciousness, thus no longer retain the semblance of independence. They have no history, no development; but men, developing their material production and their material intercourse, alter, along with this their real existence, their thinking and the products of their thinking.
>>
>>1361309
Congratulations, you're stupid.

Don't worry your little head about this stuff and run off to somewhere else.
>>
>>1361334
I'm sorry, I just need help on the whole materialism vs idealism thing.

What would dialectical idealism be?
>>
Everything is economic and things you don't think are economic follow an economic base structure. Always follow the money. ALWAYS.

Feelings, ideology, hopes, dreams, "great men", all are shaped first and foremost by banal material pressures. A rich, stable, prosperous society has no need of revolutionaries. A poor tribe in a near barren wasteland will not produce "great men".

So in the question of does culture form a violent society or does harsh environment form a violent culture and thus a society the Marxist says look to the material environment and not feelings. Even religion is subject to economic concerns first. Religion is proposed to be first controlled by economic elites. Thus religion is shaped in a way that is inoffensive if not complimentary to the power and privilege of elites. A religion that said "fuck your masters, take from those richer from you because they don't deserve it" would be stomped out such as kind of was the case with Mazdakism.

That's my understanding of it, anyway.
>>
>>1361367
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectic#Hegelian_dialectic
>>
Dialectical materialism insists on the approximate relative character of every scientific theory of the structure of matter and its properties; it insists on the absence of absolute boundaries in nature, on the transformation of moving matter from one state into another, that from our point of view may be apparently irreconcilable with it, and so forth.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.