[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reconquista
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: FB_IMG_1435772094075.jpg (27 KB, 552x358) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1435772094075.jpg
27 KB, 552x358
I know that crusades were out of the fashion by 15th century, but I was always wondering would there be some form of reconquista of the Byzantium and Holy Land if the Americas were discovered like 50 or 100 years later.
>>
Wew, anybody?
>>
>>1360341
>reconquista of the Byzantium
Crusades are what destroyed and allow the Byzantium to be conquered in the first place.
Latins and greek were seriously at each others throats for the whole duration of the crusades.
>>
>>1360461
I know about 4th crusade and all that come after. I was thinking after the fall of Byzantium, well in into 16th century, because you had religious turmoil and population boom in western Europe that blow their steam on Americas.
>>
>>1360341
Give the one with a trebuchet.
>>
File: 1454061713408.jpg (53 KB, 604x517) Image search: [Google]
1454061713408.jpg
53 KB, 604x517
>>1360522
Sorry, haven't seen the one with trebuchet
>>
>>1360519
Not only the 4th.

The first crusade was a result of the byzantine emperor basically asking for help

The pope went all out and called a crusade. That was NOT what the byzantine emperor wanted, he just wanted some backup troops to bolster his army.

Instead he had to deal with idiots crossing his lands
>>
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 1426x882) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 1426x882
>>1360522
This one?
>>
The Pope did try to call a crusade a few years after Constantinople was captured but no-one seemed to bother so nothing happened
>>
File: toplel.jpg (28 KB, 600x494) Image search: [Google]
toplel.jpg
28 KB, 600x494
>>1360341
>that image
everyfuckingtime
>>
>>1360341
Read biographies of Charles V. He really wanted to reconquer Constantinople but due to internal christian affairs he never got the opportunity to even start a campaign and he was almost always on the defensive against Suleiman the Great.

I'm sure other christian princes before and after him had the same ideals, maybe even some of the ones that Charles had to face as enemies, and in fact the Crusade of Varna shows it (although it was a total failure). The attempts of several christian states to contact and ally the Sophy Ismail of Persia also shows this will to fight the Ottomans out of Europe.
>>
>>1361306
Thank you, I will look into his biography,didn't know all that.
>>
>>1361282
after Nicopolis and Varna can you really blame them
>>
>>1361843
Yeah, those were disasters,. But I think there was no more interest, because trade switched from Mediterran to Atlantic.
>>
>>1361306
he got outjewed by the eternal turks. suleiman saw the religious cracks in >HRE and supported many of the protestant princes against him

>However, the Protestant powers in the Imperial Diet often voted against money for Charles V Turkish wars, as many Protestants saw the Muslim advance as a counterweight to the Catholic powers.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.