[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What ever happened to the She-Wolf that raised Romulus and Remus?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
What ever happened to the She-Wolf that raised Romulus and Remus?

Also general Rome and mythology thread.
>>
File: melissa-mccarthy.jpg (82 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
melissa-mccarthy.jpg
82 KB, 446x299
>>1358936
>>
I thought this was really interesting
>>
>>1358936
She started a different family. She never could bear to be around Romulus again since the incident. It was just too hard to forgive, you know?
>>
>>1358936
our mother has been absent
ever since we founded Rome
but there's gonna be a party
when the wolf comes home
>>
>>1358936
Her being a single mother proves that the Romans were kangs.
>>
>>1358936
romulus visited she wolf every weekend until her death
>>
>>1359029
last verse is hardcore
>>
>>1359056
I'm gonna bribe the officials
I'm gonna kill all the judges
it's gonna take you people years to recover from all of the damage
>>
I took a course on Livy a few semesters ago. According to him,

"The tradition goes on to say that after the floating cradle in which the boys had been exposed had been left by the retreating water on dry land, a thirsty she-wolf from the surrounding hills, attracted by the crying of the children, came to them, gave them her teats to suck and was so gentle towards them that the king's flock-master found her licking the boys with her tongue. According to the story, his name was Faustulus. He took the children to his hut and gave them to his wife Larentia to bring up. Some writers think that Larentia, from her unchaste life, had got the nickname of "She-wolf" amongst the shepherds, and that this was the origin of the marvellous story."
>>
>>1358995
Wow cool man
Wut book?
>>
>>1359105
Camillus: A Study of Indo-European Religion as Roman History, Georges Dumezil
>>
>>1358995
Didn't Porsenna end up ruling over rome for a time? I remember reading somewhere that porsenna took rome for himself instead of re-instating Tarquinius.
>>
>>1359029
I love that song, tMG is great
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.