[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the West adopt Christianity, but not Islam? Every day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 13
File: 1467251350749.jpg (164 KB, 781x827) Image search: [Google]
1467251350749.jpg
164 KB, 781x827
Why did the West adopt Christianity, but not Islam? Every day it becomes clearer that Islam is more suited to us, but only now are we starting to realize it.

Even Nietzsche himself declared
>Christianity destroyed for us the whole harvest of ancient civilization, and later it also destroyed for us the whole harvest of Mohammedan civilization. The wonderful culture of the Moors in Spain, which was fundamentally nearer to us and appealed more to our senses and tastes than that of Rome and Greece, was trampled down ( I do not say by what sort of feet ) Why? Because it had to thank noble and manly instincts for its origin because it said yes to life, even to the rare and refined luxuriousness of Moorish life! The crusaders later made war on something before which it would have been more fitting for them to have grovelled in the dust a civilization beside which even that of our nineteenth century seems very poor and very "senile." What they wanted, of course, was booty: the orient was rich. Let us put aside our prejudices! The crusades were a higher form of piracy, nothing more! The German nobility, which is fundamentally a Viking nobility, was in its element there: the church knew only too well how the German nobility was to be won . The German noble, always the "Swiss guard" of the church, always in the service of every bad instinct of the church but well paid . Consider the fact that it is precisely the aid of German swords and German blood and valour that has enabled the church to carry through its war to the death upon everything noble on earth! At this point a host of painful questions suggest themselves. The German nobility stands outside the history of the higher civilization: the reason is obvious. Christianity, alcohol the two great means of corruption. Intrinsically there should be no more choice between Islam and Christianity than there is between an Arab and a Jew.

In Genealogy of Morality, Nietzsche says Arabs are one of the great, blond lions of peoples.
>>
>>1358907
Can you give us an example of how its better? And how is Islam inherently feminist?
>>
>>1358916
Islam is better because it is more coherent. Christians have never been able to follow Christianity because it is incoherent, but Muslims have generally been able to follow Islam.

Islam is feminist because unlike Western "feminism", it isn't about trying to convince women that acting like whores and sluts is what makes them equal (when in fact it is really men behind promoting such behavior, because men try to get women to give into sex naturally, and women try naturally to resist).
>>
>>1358907
Thanks for the picture OP. I don't think I can find a better article on the internet that speaks to how Huffington Post is pure dogshit.
>>
File: 1461926289529.png (571 KB, 600x763) Image search: [Google]
1461926289529.png
571 KB, 600x763
>>1358924
>Islam is feminist because it doesn't do things that the west does
>>
>>1358924
Well, I actually come from a muslim family, and while I do have respect for the Islamic texts, Muhammad and his disciples flip flop a bit. Especially when you take into account the Hadith. As for your second point, I do honestly like the way a woman's purity is protected in Islam, but I wouldn't call it "feminist". I wouldn't call it oppressive either.
>>
>>1358924
>Christians have never been able to follow Christianity because it is incoherent
No its because christians dont kill people who disobey anymore, imagine how many whores would wait till marriage if they knew they would die if they adulterated even once?
>>
File: islam_stoning.jpg (79 KB, 650x467) Image search: [Google]
islam_stoning.jpg
79 KB, 650x467
>>1358951
>I wouldn't call it oppressive either
>>
>>1358951
The funniest thing I see is that femininity is "praised" here but historically it was kinda denigrated and not seen so positively in many societies but manifest in different ways.
>>
>>1358924
>Islam is better because it is more coherent.
Spoken like someone who is completely unfamiliar with the Islamic world.
>>
>>1358907
>because it said yes to life
Disgusting prose.
>>
File: based tranny.png (564 KB, 679x758) Image search: [Google]
based tranny.png
564 KB, 679x758
>>1358924
desu this confirms my pet theory that most muslims are autistic
>>
>>1358907
Nietzche was a deranged loser that constantly whined.

Had he lived in modern times, he would've joined PETA
>>
>>1358980
kek at the picture .where did you found this gem
>>
Do Muslim women get force married?
>>
File: z280.jpg (87 KB, 800x595) Image search: [Google]
z280.jpg
87 KB, 800x595
>>1358924
>Islam is better because it is more coherent
>>
File: cuck me amadeus.png (91 KB, 859x239) Image search: [Google]
cuck me amadeus.png
91 KB, 859x239
>>1358989
based reddit of course
>>
>>1358994
3 sects vs Christianity's 100?
There's a better way to show intolerance then this boy.
>>
>>1359004
Ye but they won't kill you for belonging to another sect
>>
>>1358998
Thanks for the gold,if only the rich learned to do the same! :D
kek ,tell me the subredits now
>>
>>1359004
>implying it's only three

Every single one digs into some deeper interpretations and laws that muslims within their own sects can't even agree on. The fact that there's somehow a difference between a "moderate" muslim and an "extremist" muslim proves that is, at the least, totally incoherent.
>>
>>1358907
>Why did the West adopt Christianity, but not Islam?

Because unlike Mohammad, Jesus didn't rape a 9-year-old girl, kill people who didn't believe in him, or force women to marry his apostles.

>Muslims are the true feminists

As opposed to feminists?
>>
>>1359009
One's /r/ politics, the other one's most likely /r/s4p or other anti-Trump subreddits
>>
Let me tell you why islam is better. Based on my observations of highly secular muslim nations.

t. some dead asshat.
>>
>>1358924
"Coherent" here is just a euphemism for more totalitarian and orthodox.

Just a FYI to the thread.
>>
>>1359028
>more totalitarian and orthodox.
>better
Based bootlicker
>>
>>1359035
I never said "better".

>Reading comprehension

Kill yourself my man.
>>
File: file.png (3 KB, 272x51) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3 KB, 272x51
>>1359038
>>
>>1359048
I'm not him you fucking moron.

The reason I said coherent is a euphemism for totalitarian and orthodox, is because it's true, and it's why majority Muslim countries are shitholes all of them.
>>
File: cake trump.jpg (140 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
cake trump.jpg
140 KB, 1024x1024
>>1359085
Umm, why are you speaking for others?

You DO know that's incredibly rude right?
>>
I liked the viking nobility part of the pol shit post. Charlemagne autist btfo
>>
>>1358907
>Goethe
>Nietzsche
>Hitler
>Merkel

Why are Germans so obsessed with Islam? Just convert already
>>
>>1359128
All of them worship destruction.

>Martin Luther's ambivalence also appears in one of his other comments, in which he said that "A smart Turk makes a better ruler than a dumb Christian".[15]

>He urges his contemporaries to also see the good aspects in the Turks, and refers to some who were favourable to the Ottoman Empire, and "who actually want the Turk to come and rule, because they think that our German people are wild and uncivilized - indeed that they are half-devil and half-man".[17]
>>
>>1359128
It provides a handy solution to the Protestant/catholic divide
>>
>>1358907

Russia would have been Islam but its based ruler at the time realized that life without alcohol wasn't worth living.

He wasn't wrong you know.
>>
>>1359176
>wait, you don't frink what?
>wait, you cut off your what?
The story is probably apocryphal but definitely represents the opinions of the Rus in general.
>>
>>1359176
Islam and orthodoxy are p close desu
>>
>>1359176

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_the_Great#Christianization_of_the_Kievan_Rus.27

"The Primary Chronicle reports that in the year 987, after consultation with his boyars, Vladimir the Great sent envoys to study the religions of the various neighboring nations whose representatives had been urging him to embrace their respective faiths. The result is described by the chronicler Nestor. Of the Muslim Bulgarians of the Volga the envoys reported there is no gladness among them, only sorrow and a great stench. He also reported that Islam was undesirable due to its taboo against alcoholic beverages and pork.[19] Vladimir remarked on the occasion: "Drinking is the joy of all Rus'. We cannot exist without that pleasure."[20] Ukrainian and Russian sources also describe Vladimir consulting with Jewish envoys and questioning them about their religion, but ultimately rejecting it as well, saying that their loss of Jerusalem was evidence that they had been abandoned by God. His emissaries also visited Roman Catholic and Orthodox missionaries.[citation needed] Ultimately Vladimir settled on Eastern Orthodox Christianity. In the churches of the Germans his emissaries saw no beauty; but at Constantinople, where the full festival ritual of the Byzantine Church was set in motion to impress them, they found their ideal: "We no longer knew whether we were in heaven or on earth," they reported, describing a majestic Divine Liturgy in Hagia Sophia, "nor such beauty, and we know not how to tell of it." If Vladimir was impressed by this account of his envoys, he was even more attracted by the political gains of the Byzantine alliance."
>>
>>1359194
>drinking is the joy of the rus
Some things never change
>>
File: islam 3.jpg (518 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
islam 3.jpg
518 KB, 700x900
>>1358907
>Every day it becomes clearer that Islam is more suited to us

Speak for yourself retard.

Islam is fucking trash.
>>
>>1359185
>God is one and necessarily not triune
>God is triune

>it is forbidden to make images of God or the Prophet
>FUCK YEAH ALL THE IMAGES, FILL OUR CHURCHES INCH-BY-INCH WITH IMAGES

>It is a great evil to say that Jesus is God
>Jesus is God

>God is totally separate from creation and cannot be approached by man
>Theosis

Yep, pretty damn close.
>>
>>1359224
Culturally not theologically
>>
>>1358907
Any religion that is feminist in Huffpost's sense of the word is not a religion I would respect. Stop washing down your religion to suck the dicks of SJWs
>>
>>1359194
> but ultimately rejecting it as well, saying that their loss of Jerusalem was evidence that they had been abandoned by God
And Christendom losing Jerusalem means ... ?
>>
>>1359236
Bullshit. Maybe in Russia and the caucasus they have cultural similarities, but Muslims in Uzbekistan have very few cultural similarities to Muslims in Iran, and I don't see a ton of overlap between Orthodox in Ethiopia and and OCA parish in Ohio.
>>
>>1358907
>Christianity
Love your neighbor, respect them as they would respect you, expect repentance from sinners
>non-feminist

>Islam
Force women to act under certain rules, because only you know what's best for them, and punish them if they don't agree
>feminist

Whoever writes for the Huffington Post legitimately needs to be shot
>>
>>1359260
Jerusalem is far more holy to Jews than to Christians.

It's like losing the vatican
>>
>>1359264
Not to mention that the first recorded instance of speaking up against slut shaming is by Jesus, while Mohammed just says stone away
>>
>>1359274
Only a matter of time.
>>
>>1359304
I don't know about that m8, Latinos take it so seriously there'd be a tenth crusade no doubt
>>
>>1359264
Not to mention

>The parts of the Bible that contradict that, and encourage fire and brimstone, are also shared with Judaism and Islam. The kindhearted, soft side of it is exclusive to Christianity.

Shame that American ministers are complete faggots for the most part and focus on the parts of it that support their own political beliefs, rather than encouraging the constructive rhetoric that makes them Christian in the first place.

The Catholic Church was a mistake.
>>
>>1359274
Isn't Jerusalem more holy than the Vatican in Christianity? What significance does the Vatican even have
>>
>>1359260
Not much. Jerusalem housed the Jewish Temple, which Christ said would be destroyed, because

A: He replaces it
and
B: The Jews rejected him

Jews to this day pray toward Jerusalem. It's like Mecca for Jews.
>>
>>1359359
Vatican = Seat of God's chosen envoy on Earth, a direct line from Peter, for Catholics

It holds zero relevance to Protestants besides a secular and cross-religion interest, and so Jerusalem would technically be "more holy" to them, if not more interesting.
>>
>>1359359
To Catholics, the head of their church and the voice of god. To the rest, one of the five patriarchies and the most influential.

And what significance does Jerusalem by itself have? Jesus was born in Bethlehem and crucified on Golgotha, which is outside Jerusalem. The only important things there are the Final Supper, his trial and the Stations of the Cross
>>
>>1359370
Why'd they crusade so hard for it then?
>>
>>1359210
>cherry picking
>ignoring 90% of the Quran and it's peaceful and forgiving nature
>still walking on this earth
>>
>>1359369
>Vatican is the seat of God's chosen envoy
This statement is blasphemous and supports false prophets after Christ
>>
>>1359390
Because they were all Catholics back then, and Pope Urban felt like Islam was encroaching on his land?

>>1359395
Envoy doesn't mean avatar, dipshit.

Popes are regarded as direct successors to Peter, who was made the leader of the Christian Church.

Learn to read.
>>
>>1358907
Islam can be only be a religion of peace if everyone is a muslim. The main point of Islam is to spread to make everyone subservient to their god. This comes in direct conflict with the majority of people for obvious reasons. But even if the muslims in a non-muslim dominant area don't carry out their duties of conversion, they still clash with the local customs and other religions of the area. Muslims can never live in an area in peace unless everyone else is muslim.
>>
>>1359613
>Islam can be only be a religion of peace if everyone is a muslim.
Not even then desu
>>
>>1359262
People think Christianity inis the same for regions or x religion is the same for all regions.

This board is a fucking joke desu.
>>
>>1359626
Christ you´re a retard.
>>
>>1358907
Islam is a joke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCHHfBeu0QE
>>
>>1359613
>Islam can be only be a religion of peace if everyone is a muslim
you must be kidding right?
>>
>>1359698
Nope. You're just too deluded to actually read the quran and hear what the imams say
>>
>>1359755
They're has been violence between muslims since the 1st century after the prophets death.
>>
>>1359646
I'm agreeing with him boy.
>>
>>1359698
Dude it sucks living in most Muslim countries as a non Muslim. Whatever the Imams and Quran states, the common people treat kaffirs like garbage.
>>
>>1359995
I know they treat kaffirs like shit but his claim that it is a religion of peace if everyone is muslim is bullshit they have been killing each other for centuries
>>
>>1359224
>it is forbidden to make images of God or the Prophet
http://www.answering-islam.org/Muhammad/pictures.html

Turns out this is a lie. What a surprise.
>>
>>1359004
There's at least as many islamic sects as there are christian sects if you're willing to distinguish between 1000 breeds of protestantism which boil down to the same shit.
>>
Constantine used christianity to unite the west, and muslims were just considered bloodthirsty barbarians
>>
I happened to read something about how "the continued petitioning of Allah daily and especially on Fridays, a cursing that is pronounced from the pulpits of Mosques" is the following:

>O Allah may you make the apostates against each other and the polytheists against their likes and bring out the Unitarians from them safely, with their spoils, O Lord of Worlds, O Allah. May their women be widowed, may their children be orphaned, may their blood freeze in their veins, may their food be stuck in their inner testines. O Allah, destroy them make their miseries strong among them, O Allah grant us victory over them, O Allah send your punishment on them, bring division in the midst of their union, scattering them, disseminating their numbers. O Allah, grant us victory over them. O Allah may their snares be slaughtered and be scuttled within themselves. O Allah show us your power. O Mighty One and the Vanquisher, O Allah show us in them a dark day as in the day of A’ad and Thamud. O Allah, quake the earth under their feet, O Allah empower venomous creatures over them and send hail storms over them as you did over A’ad and Thamud and deliver them as captives in the hands of your believing slaves and humiliate the polytheists and, O Allah, lift up the banner of Islam …

However, no source is given and I'm unable to find one. Can anybody help?
>>
I work in a school full of muslim parents. Trust me, it's absolutly NOT feminist. Most mother can't even come to talk about their kids because it would mean meeting male teachers, which is impossible for them.

They are housewives but behave like slaves, they are incredibly repressed on most subjects and can only talk about themselves in secrecy and amongst women only.

If that's being "feminists", I sure like western patriarchy better.
>>
Has Nietsczhe ever been wrong about anything ever?
>>
>>1359613
What this essentially says is "peace can only come from vanquishing your enemies", which is true in all cases.
>>
kill yourself ahmed
>>
>>1359368
>Jews to this day pray toward Jerusalem. It's like Mecca for Jews.

Muslims also prayed towards Jerusalem. It was the original Mecca.
>>
>>1358907
Nietzsche was a cuck filled with AIDS

As for the muslims they are a bunch of Low IQ inbreds

If the West one day change his religion, it will be buddhism or nothing, but certainly not a religion who worship a pedo.
>>
>>1358907

You're thinking like a woman, always bending over to the perceived stronger side, willing to bail out and betray your former allegiances if someone else comes along.

But you're making a gross miscalculation. The European man is slowly awaking, and when he does, we'll see who's master.

Treason will not be taken lightly.
>>
>>1360512
>Implying Europe didn't inbreed for centuries
>>
>>1360525
That was the nobles. In Muslim countries, especially the Middle East, inbreeding is national sport. They've been marrying their cousins since they converted to Islam.
>>
>>1360512
>If the West one day change his religion, it will be [...] nothing
Isn't "nothing" the official religion of Europe anyway?
>>
File: GeneticDisorders.jpg (141 KB, 1280x907) Image search: [Google]
GeneticDisorders.jpg
141 KB, 1280x907
>>1360525
Inbreeding is not marrying someone of your own race you dumb retard. It's marrying someone from your family. That is extremely rare and shunned upon in Europe and only happened occasionally among royals and members of the nobility.

On the other hand Arab and Islamic cultures practice and encourage marriage within one's own family.
>>
File: InbreedingMap500.gif (54 KB, 500x314) Image search: [Google]
InbreedingMap500.gif
54 KB, 500x314
>>1360525
(pic related)

>>1360537
>Isn't "nothing" the official religion of Europe anyway?

It's true there is a lot of atheist in Europe, but Europe is not China tier.

http://www.pewforum.org/2011/12/19/global-christianity-regions/#europe
>>
File: 1465082081783.png (51 KB, 500x517) Image search: [Google]
1465082081783.png
51 KB, 500x517
>>1358907
>The German nobility, which is fundamentally a Viking nobility

What the fuck am I reading
>>
File: 1465128200220.jpg (136 KB, 917x960) Image search: [Google]
1465128200220.jpg
136 KB, 917x960
>>1360594
18th, 19th and early 20th century medieval history reads like a Robert E. Howard comic book. Adam Smith and Karl Marx had a Monthy Python tier understanding of the middle ages.

I kid you not when I tell you that even as recent as the 50s academic literature ascribed warlike fervor innate to those of Germanic blood. Of course they were writing only a few years after WWII but still.
>>
>>1360580
I wasn't clear enough, what I meant by nothing was more akin to nihilism. I know very few people who have any meaningful interest in religious or spiritual matters, most just tip their fedoras to everything, make jokes about gingers, proudly proclaim that they'll be going to Hell, and those among them that aren't atheists generally just take the laziest possible agnostic or deist position.
>>
>>1360612
>Adam Smith and Karl Marx had a Monthy Python tier understanding of the middle ages.

Kek. Yeah history comes from a long way but holy shit ignorant people have the tendancy to talk about shit they have no idea about just to fit in their agenda

And don't getme started on the feminism part, jesus christ. Just let those retard experience true feminism in those backwards muslim countries and we'll see if they spout the same shit after that
>>
>>1360614

>I wasn't clear enough, what I meant by nothing was more akin to nihilism.
Europe is more materialistic than nihilistic, to be successful here mean to be rich, educated, beautiful, and have a good job, but i don't think there is a lot of europeans who think there is no meaning to life.
>>
>>1360512
the most cucked post itt
>>
>>1360612
>I kid you not when I tell you that even as recent as the 50s academic literature ascribed warlike fervor innate to those of Germanic blood

Mostly the prussians but thankfully the communists repressed them for enough time that they can hide it now.

Never turn your back on a german though.
>>
>>1358907
>us
>>
>>1359194
>drinking is the joy of the rus
and squatting
>>
Nietzsche lived in the time when Arabia was heavily romanticized though. He lived only a few decades after Lawrence of Arabia.

It's also not clear from the quote whether Nietzsche meant Ottoman Islam or Wahabist Islam. The former is obviously a little more in line with his philosophy
>>
>>1361045

*a few decades before
>>
the only thing op prives is German Philosophers were trash, Heidegger should have been hanged in the Nuremberg trials.
>>
>>1358924
Here's the killer of Islamic coherence:
God wrote the script for the future, and yet he punishes 'infidels' and asks them to convert. If he decided their fates, how can they change them?
Bam.
>>
>>1361064
>Muh illusion of choice
Kill yourself rerard
>>
>>1361064
He didn't decide their fates but gave them free choice. He knows their fates because he's all Knowing so he can talk about punishing certain people in advance like Abu Lahab. Really he could've disproved Islam by simply converting but he didn't.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.