[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Islamic Imperialism Responsible for the West
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Islamic Imperialism.jpg (46 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
Islamic Imperialism.jpg
46 KB, 578x327
Was Islamic imperialism of Europe responsible for the West's desire to take over the world?

And if so, whenever I hear "liberal" SJWs say "White people need to apologize and destroy themselves to show they are truly sorry!" how should I argue about how all human civilizations do horrible things, but have to keep their identity, or we are no better.

711 Never Forget
>>
>>1358569
it's nothing different than any previous empire did so why would it change the europeans' mindset towards conquest? reconquista sure, but that's only related to the Islamic conquest in that it was framed as retaking what they had conquered. the Islamic conquest did not immediately cause forced conversions like the spanish did in Grenada and in South America
>>
>>1358569
Was Roman Imperialism of Mesopotamia responsible for the Arab's desire to take over Europe?

See, that doesn't sound too smart, does it?

People have been invading and conquering years before and years after the muslims.
>>
>>1358569
No, Islam was never seen as a major threat in Western Europe before the Ottomans. More an annoyance than anything.
>>
>>1358722
That's not right at all. After the Battle of Toulouse, Charles Martel basically spent 10 years training his men for a fight with the Umayyads before the Battle of Tours.
>>
>>1358782
Charles Martel spent years training an army to conquer much of France and Germany, not to face one army in one battle.
>>
>>1358791
He obviously wasn't saying "we're going to fight their one army in one big battle and then go home", don't be obtuse. To say he wasn't actively aware and preparing for the looming Umayyad threat is just plain wrong.
>>
>>1358805
Let's say that's correct, not that I believe it is. Martel spent over 15 years before Tours, the first and only clash between his forces and a major Umayyad force, fighting other Franks, Gallo-Romans, and Germans, even launching major and potentially disastrous campaigns far into Bavaria and Saxony, and just the year before Tours led this supposed army trained to fight a supposed looming Umayyad threat to invade and sack Aquitaine instead.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.